GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Post by Cornuck »

Hey - almost forget we had a game tonight with all this excitement!

Has anyone heard if any of the new guys are slotted in?

NHL.com Preview

THN.com Tale of the Tape

Phoenix is 10-0-1 this month - should be a close game.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
donlever
CC Legend

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Post by donlever »

...apparently Sammy and Kassian play.

MAG is an uncertainty.

Per Murph. (although the lineup card at the home site would indicate this is not set in stone)
DeLevering since 1999.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

donlever wrote:
MAG is an uncertainty.
Would be surprised if they take Rome or Tanev out, the 3rd pairing has looked very good the past few games.

Kind of a sad testament that swapping Ballard for a skinny rookie seems to have stabilized the defense.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Potatoe1 wrote: Kind of a sad testament that swapping Ballard for a skinny rookie seems to have stabilized the defense.
I told you that Ballard trade sucked!

Oh wait, that was a different mod.
DeLevering since 1999.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Pahlsson with 10 takeaways and 3 hits.

Kassian gets 4 goals while playing on every line.

Detractors all jump on the Zack Wagon claiming they always knew this was for the best.

:roll:

This will be a tough game for a very tired group of guys. Hopefully Pahlsson and Kassian can inject some energy into the lineup tonight because this team could really use a an extra spark to finish off the road trip on a positive note.

If the refs officiate this one like they have the last three, maybe Kassian will fight one of the Zebras. :look:

I really hope the Canucks can strike early tonight, and more than just a couple of times. The team has it in them to hold a team like the Coyotes at bay and protect a lead, but we saw what happened in Dallas when we only had that one goal cushion. The goal needs to be at least 3 markers by the halfway point, then just do our best to keep Phoenix to the outside and let Schneider weather the storm.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Kuzma just tweeted that Canuck fans are here there and everywhere (no Paul McCartney isn't one of them) #it'sahomegame.

If Kassian scores the roof comes off of Jobing tonight.
DeLevering since 1999.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

donlever wrote:Kuzma just tweeted that Canuck fans are here there and everywhere #it'sahomegame..
I'm sitting in the Jobbing plaza right now, it's a sea of blue & white here. (2 hours to game time)

There are at least 250 people walking around in Canucks jersys, I've seen like TWO Coyotes jerseys. :lol:
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Nice!

Enjoy yourself Zamboni Driver dude.
DeLevering since 1999.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

donlever wrote:Nice!

Enjoy yourself Zamboni Driver dude.
Thanks! 8-)
I usually have to get Canucks on Satt radio when I'm out of town, It's a bonus to go see it live tonight.
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

Lines per Murph :

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Booth
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Kassian

No MAG

Luongo starts
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Should be an interesting game. I think we will miss COHO for this year and part of next while Kassian gets up to NHL speed. He seems to be taking a little longer to make his mark. Having said that I'm thinking we'll see a dust up between Kassian and Bissonet tonight if both are healthy. I think this one will be a physical game.

Now AV can play his tried and true Defensive line strategy against the other teams top line, at least that's what he has been saying about the lineup this year. He wants to release Kesler from any of the D responsibilities so that he can concentrate on providing offence. I think he felt that that was what got them to the seventh game last year. A more traditional approach. No I can't point to any one story as my source, just my gut from reading things here and there. I hope Pahlsson can still do what he used to. I was hoping that MG would get Gaustad for the third line role but a 1st rounder wow.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

KeyserSoze wrote:Lines per Murph :

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Booth
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

No MAG

Luongo starts
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/depthchart. ... glg-lineup

Luongo out, Schneider in according to CDC. Won't be surprised either way, but I do expect to see Schneider getting a few more starts over the next 3 weeks as he was promised around 30 games this year, then we will see Luongo get a run of starts to end the season and get him in his game groove for the playoffs.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Potatoe1 wrote:Would be surprised if they take Rome or Tanev out, the 3rd pairing has looked very good the past few games.
I've heard MAG needs another 14 games to keep RFA status, as he hasn't hit 80 games in his 3rd pro year, so I expect to see him down the stretch for sure.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Potatoe1 wrote: Kind of a sad testament that swapping Ballard for a skinny rookie seems to have stabilized the defense.
comparing apples ( offensive dman ) with oranges ( stay at home - keep it simple dman) spudman. Tanev is more responsible in his own zone.. Ballard more gifted offensively..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

KeyserSoze wrote: Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Booth
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
Say what you will about the trades yesterday but that is the deepest forward corp in the league!