OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: OOTS

Post by Benjo »

It was still shaping up to be a nice bounce back season after scoring 60ish pts last season.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Wings downed by Hawk's 2-1
Rangers shutout by Penguin's 2-0

So Vancouver still in 3rd overall with a chance to tie for top spot on Thursday.

The real news is that calpuck is imploding after a 6-1 loss at the hands of the Oiler's. :lol:
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

tantalum wrote:The Caps shit the bed against the Canes and young goaltender Justin Peters getting shut out 5-0. Caps out shot 40-17 on the evening.

Somehow I don't think there would be much of an argument right now between who you'd take...Crosby (healthy of course) or Ovechkin.
The caps played a truly horrible game and the announcers absolutely ripped Ovie a new one.

Leaving with 6 minutes to go in the 2nd period, they were actually postulating that Ovie was so frustrated that he took his puck and went home.

At the end of the day, Ovie doesn't know how to make other people better. He needs someone else to do the grunt work and to spring him so he can use his amazing speed.

Crosby on the other hand is a ultimate swiss army knife player. He can do it all and sees the entire ice surface extremely well.

I hope Crosby can come back for the playoffs.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Mëds wrote:Wings downed by Hawk's 2-1
Rangers shutout by Penguin's 2-0

So Vancouver still in 3rd overall with a chance to tie for top spot on Thursday.

The real news is that calpuck is imploding after a 6-1 loss at the hands of the Oiler's. :lol:
Actually some big scores tonight.

Winnipeg gets a point and remains solidly in the race for 8th place in the East.

Jersey keeps on winning. 8-1-1 in the last 10. Henrique raking in the points and sits at 41 and is killing it in the Calder trophy race.

CBJ over the Sharks 6-3. Dominic Moore with 2:14 in ice time??? That's weird.

LA scores 4 goals and still loses against Phoenix 5-4.

6-1 loss at home. Flames so inconsistent.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Karlsson with his third point of the night early in the second against the caps. 3-0 sens.

He is now a top 10 scorer in the league with 60 points.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

mathonwy wrote:
Mëds wrote: 6-1 loss at home. Flames so inconsistent.
Actually, they are the model of consistency.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Blackhawk's played their last game without Toews, who is out with an undisclosed upper body injury, and will likely be without their captain again tonight. There is some speculation that Toews' upper body injury is actually a concussion. On TSN today they showed a clip of his altercation with none other than San Jose's captain, Jumbo Joe Thornton. Number 19 vs number 19, can you guess who instigated it? If you guessed Loser-Boy Joe you'd be right. Thornton is turning into a complete disgrace, one of the most skilled big men to play the game, he is quickly going from being great playmaker to punk agitator. The play in question saw both of them skating by the bench en-route to line changes, Thornton was behind Toews and as he reached the San Jose gate he threw a pot shot at Toews who was just about to reach the Hawk's bench. Toews responded and gave him a shove back. Thornton then engaged Toews in some rough stuff until the linesman intervened, at that point they kept up the verbal spat until Toews relented a bit with the pushing, it was then that Thornton threw a sucker punch left hook around the linesman that connected sharply with the side of Toews' head. Total cheapshot. The guy is a scab. I'm betting he can't handle the fact that Toews has a Cup ring and he has jack shit.

At 6'4" 230lbs, Thornton really is a tough customer going around picking on guys who give up 20+ pounds and at least 2 inches to him. Loser.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

tantalum wrote:Karlsson with his third point of the night early in the second against the caps. 3-0 sens.

He is now a top 10 scorer in the league with 60 points.
That's a total of twelve points in his last five games! :o
He's now twenty points ahead of the second best scoring D-man.

I think they must start to consider him in the running for Norris. :drink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Speaking of Toews, he was involved in a minor car accident today as well. No reports of injuries though but if he is driving he can't have a serious concussion which is good news.
The only HW the Canucks need
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Hockey Widow wrote:Speaking of Toews, he was involved in a minor car accident today as well. No reports of injuries though but if he is driving he can't have a serious concussion which is good news.
Clearly he shouldn't be driving!

Anyways...it was 2-0 Flames early in the second. It's now 3-2 Coyotes with 10 minutes left in the third. A loss coupled with the Stars win will bump the Flames back to 10th I believe.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Is Winnipeg winning the SE division going to confuse Americans?
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

dhabums wrote:Is Winnipeg winning the SE division going to confuse Americans?
I wonder how many Americans know where Winterpeg is.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

mathonwy wrote:
dhabums wrote:Is Winnipeg winning the SE division going to confuse Americans?
I wonder how many Americans know where Winterpeg is.
Byfuglien does.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

tantalum wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Speaking of Toews, he was involved in a minor car accident today as well. No reports of injuries though but if he is driving he can't have a serious concussion which is good news.
Clearly he shouldn't be driving!
Exactly! How do we know the accident wasn't caused by him driving despite having a concussion? :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

4-0 Capitals over Leaves after 2 periods.

Like OMGROFLMFARO!!! :lol:

Yes I still take a great deal of pleasure from watching the Leaves fail. :thumbs:

Watch Burkie make a really dumb trade now. :wink:

I sincerely hope the Leaves keep Burkie + Wilson forever....

And the Avs up 4-1 on the Wings in the 3rd, gawd I love hockey.
____
Try to focus on someday.