GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Post by dhabums »

Cornuck wrote:
dhabums wrote:I have no idea what counts as kicking the puck in anymore.
That's OK - nobody in Toronto does, either.
Just emailed a resume!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Southern_Canuck wrote:Mike Murphy has determined that although there was no distinct kicking motion, there was still a kicking motion - or at least Malhotra once thought about kicking something - and therefore, no goal! And he adds that the Kings look like they'll make the playoffs this year, sweet.

S_C
Baxteeeer....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Those fuckin jealous chimps in TO....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BUUUUUULLLLLLSHIIIIIIIIT.......BUUUUUULLLLLLSHIIIIIIIIT.......BUUUUUULLLLLLSHIIIIIIIIT.......

While neither Edmonton nor Toronto are in the same class as Vancouver, the team hasn't clicked against a lesser opponent like this for a while. I kinda wonder if they just finished double clutching and finally have it locked into gear for the home stretch and playoff drive. Of course, the league doesn't want to see the Canucks get any "extra" or "undue" momentum, so after calling three OBVIOUS penalties against Edmonton, the league looked at recent stats and

Murphy: "HOLY SHIT! This is the first game in weeks that Vancouver has gotten 3 powerplays all game, and we just gave them 3 in the first period!

Campbell: "Well we better start looking for a way to get Edmonton back into this one....."

Murphy: "Fuckin' rights Colin, I don't want the Oiler's getting another lottery pick."

Campbell: "Oh for fack sakes Murphy, they just made it 3-0 with a minute to go in the first....."

Murphy: "Are you ser.....oh...wait a minute.....yeah...that was Malhotra. He used to play soccer right?"

Campbell: "Fuck if I know, is he the same guy that almost lost an ear to a deflected puck last season....I don't keep track of scabs playing on the west coast."

Murphy: "Actually it was an eye"

Campbell (dialing phone): "Whatever.....I'm pretty sure his brother-in-law is a part owner of that soccer franchise in Vancouv.....oh hey Gary, look here, this Canucks/Oiler's ga.....yeah we just saw that, 3-0 after one and....well I know we don't want the Canucks gaining any momen.....into soccer, yeah we thought so. Ok. You got it.....Murphy, you were right, Malhotra likes soccer, he definitely kicked it in."

Murphy (picking up phone): "I knew it. Cheating bastard....(into phone) yeah, that's right, no goal, look at it, that was a damned corner kick if I ever saw one."
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Seriously - go back to the Sergei Kostitsyn goal on Feb 7 --- he clearly and purposefully angles his skate to direct the puck in, and they allow it after a review... what the hell is the difference?

http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videocente ... ent=NSH235

There are only two answers:
1) Incompetence (totally possible in the era of Stephane Auger, Colin Campbell, and Mike Murphy who should all clearly have been fired.)
2) Consiracy against Vancouver.

Which is it?

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Here's the 2nd period let down we all know and love.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Southern_Canuck wrote:Seriously - go back to the Sergei Kostitsyn goal on Feb 7 --- he clearly and purposefully angles his skate to direct the puck in, and they allow it after a review... what the hell is the difference?

http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videocente ... ent=NSH235

There are only two answers:
1) Incompetence (totally possible in the era of Stephane Auger, Colin Campbell, and Mike Murphy who should all clearly have been fired.)
2) Consiracy against Vancouver.

Which is it?

S_C
Unfigurable....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Weise like geese can screen...
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Triple H!!!

Goddamn Swedish-Finnish hybrids.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

6-3 final..
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

SSB line ducked a bullet there.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

OMG I hope were not starting to peak too early.
Vigneault better recognize this and keep our horses
reigned in before the Big charge.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Wow.

No goal for Manny. I don't know why. Still waiting for a reasonable explanation.

Why do Weiss and Hodgson get jipped on their assists? Is that something they can request be corrected after the game or is it set in stone when the game ends?

BS.

So here we all are complaining even though we won. Why would we do that? There MUST be BS somewhere. I can smell it.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

This team has grabbed its next gear. I think they are finally fed up with all the NHL's bullshit and the fact that the league has decided to put the whistle away for other teams for the last few weeks. Getting it done 5-on-5 and on the PP, even generating chances and controlling the flow of play (if not the puck) on the PK.

There was a time where that disallowed goal would have deflated the team to a degree and the early goal by the Oiler's in the 2nd period would have put Edmonton right back in the game. Not this group. They seemed to shrug it off and answered right back. Even when the Oiler's got their second marker there was still no question about who held the reigns in this one. From the opening faceoff this game was Vancouver's to lose, and every one knew it.

Malhotra was flat out robbed by the NHL. I like how he's been going to the net in the last 3 games, he's turning it around, and most of all I see him making fewer mistakes with the puck in our end when trying to clear it under pressure.

Rome actually made some defensive plays tonight that were good. I still think he's useless and that the team is better off with Alberts in the lineup over Rome. Even with his handful of good reads, Rome still managed to play on the only defensive pairing that finished a minus. His penalty in the first when he went after Hall was stupid. The puck at the other end of the ice and the ref right beside him.....yeah.....why not throw Taylor Hall on his ass for no apparent reason? Here's a hint: "whistle". :look: :hmmm:

Schneider made some good saves look easy and routine, but in all fairness, he didn't standout tonight. He actually looked a bit off his game at times. No real mistakes, but I just didn't get the impression that he was 100% poised in this one. Even still, he faced 28 shots and posted a .929 SV%.

Where's Raymond? Did he play?

Burrows is really elevating his game.

On the Oiler's side of the puck, well a lottery pick is looking more and more likely. Horcoff is a total waste of salary and possibly the worst player wearing a "C" right now in the NHL. Negate Hall's speed and you negate Hall. Oiltown is lucky to have Hemesky, he's their only real talent while Nugent-Hopkins is hurt.

The only interesting story from this game is the disallowed goal. It seems that nobody knows what the league is thinking at any given time.....especially the league. Asshats.

Nashville will be a good test for the Canucks on this recent surge. Even though Vancouver has absolutely owned the Predators this season, Nashville is the first team that the Canucks have faced in a while that plays a tight and controlled defensive system. Both Edmonton and Toronto are pretty thin on the back end and really don't have much for defensive support in their group of forwards. Detroit will be the 2nd biggest game of the season. Obviously the rematch with Boston tops the list, but going into Joe Louis Arena on Thursday to play the first overall Red Wings, a team who has won 23 straight games at home and is the current Cup favorite.....yeah, that's a big game. If we only go .500 on this trip, but manage to knock the Wings off in their own barn, I will be satisfied. :P
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Mëds wrote:This team has grabbed its next gear. I think they are finally fed up with all the NHL's bullshit and the fact that the league has decided to put the whistle away for other teams for the last few weeks. Getting it done 5-on-5 and on the PP, even generating chances and controlling the flow of play (if not the puck) on the PK.

There was a time where that disallowed goal would have deflated the team to a degree and the early goal by the Oiler's in the 2nd period would have put Edmonton right back in the game. Not this group. They seemed to shrug it off and answered right back. Even when the Oiler's got their second marker there was still no question about who held the reigns in this one. From the opening faceoff this game was Vancouver's to lose, and every one knew it.

Malhotra was flat out robbed by the NHL. I like how he's been going to the net in the last 3 games, he's turning it around, and most of all I see him making fewer mistakes with the puck in our end when trying to clear it under pressure.

Rome actually made some defensive plays tonight that were good. I still think he's useless and that the team is better off with Alberts in the lineup over Rome. His penalty in the first when he went after Hall was stupid. The puck at the other end of the ice and the ref right beside him.....yeah.....why not throw Taylor Hall on his ass for no apparent reason? Here's a hint: "whistle". :look: :hmmm:

Schneider made some good saves look easy and routine, but in all fairness, he didn't standout tonight. He actually looked a bit off his game at times. No real mistakes, but I just didn't get the impression that he was 100% poised in this one. Whatever, a win and on to the next one.

Where's Raymond? Did he play?

Burrows is really elevating his game.

The only interesting story from this game is the disallowed goal. It seems that nobody knows what the league is thinking at any given time.....especially the league. Asshats.

Nashville will be a good test for the Canucks on this recent surge. Even though Vancouver has absolutely owned the Predators this season, Nashville is the first team that the Canucks have faced in a while that plays a tight and controlled defensive system. Both Edmonton and Toronto are pretty thin on the back end and really don't have much for defensive support in their group of forwards. Detroit will be the 2nd biggest game of the season. Obviously the rematch with Boston tops the list, but going into Joe Louis Arena on Thursday to play the first overall Red Wings, a team who has won 23 straight games at home and is the current Cup favorite.....yeah, that's a big game. If we only go .500 on this trip, but manage to knock the Wings off in their own barn, I will be satisfied. :P
Thanks Mëds. I didn't get a chance to watch the full game. I sure appreciate your well thought out
analyses though. Very appreciated.