OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: OOTS

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Larry Goodenough wrote: Boston is actually 8-8-0 since the Jan 7th Vancouver game. Of those 16 games, only 5 were ROWs.

I'd like to think Vancouver broke Boston's confidence a bit and gave the rest of the league confidence that bruins weren't the force Calgary was making them out to be.

That, plus the Bruins remarkable and unprecedented shooting and save percentages up to January were unsustainable.
I do like that Larry. But the Canucks have only 2 Regulation wins (2 in OT also) since the Boston game. 2 (4 R/OT) out of 10 wins.

That's a lot of games that could've (and a few that certainly should've) gone the other way. So while we can laugh at the Bruins shitty streak, let's keep in mind it could be the Canucks' streak too.

The positive thing is that the Canucks appear to be snapping out of it the past couple games. That they can take away points from such pathetic efforts is certainly a testament to their talent. Doesn't bode well for the "heart" factor come playoff time...
Yes, but Vancouver wasn't winning games 8-0 before slumping and weren't being referred to as unbeatable.

The Bruins were winning games against Buffalo, Florida and Calgary on reputation alone as their opponents were pulling the chute before the game even started. That's not happening anymore after Vancouver showed they could take Boston's best and still beat them.

The Bruins' regression is much more pronounced.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

I got a lot of trouble understanding why Shanny is not going to deal with it. Does someone have to be hurt? He went right at the guy's knees. Geroges said he will learn but not if no one teaches him. Someone has to and soon before he hurts a career.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

damonberryman wrote:I got a lot of trouble understanding why Shanny is not going to deal with it. Does someone have to be hurt? He went right at the guy's knees. Geroges said he will learn but not if no one teaches him. Someone has to and soon before he hurts a career.
Perhaps Shanny got a call from Mr. Jacobs... :evil:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

RatFace keeps saying how he's a little guy and needs to protect himself, yet chirps mighty big when running other guys. His teammate is a 6'9" monster that the rest of the league has to deal with. I'm surprise Chara hasn't had his knees blown out by some midget trying to protect himself.

In this case, how was RatSchnozz "protecting" himself when he's the aggressor on Emelin? If the Bruins are so tough, why does Brad need to bail on every hit against him? Go shoulder to shoulder like a man. What are you so afraid of? What a little bitch. Let's not even mention the late unsuspecting hit that Thornton threw.

It seems like the league is losing its will against the bullies again.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Booins lose 2 zip to minny..timmy got shutout by backstrom.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

rats19 wrote:Booins lose 2 zip to minny..timmy got shutout by backstrom.

Yeah you beat me to it, wasn't that great :D
cheers
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Fred wrote:
rats19 wrote:Booins lose 2 zip to minny..timmy got shutout by backstrom.

Yeah you beat me to it, wasn't that great :D
Relishing it fully..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Kudos to the Habs for saluting the late, great Gary Carter yesterday. Did a video tribute and everyone wore #8 sweaters during warm up. Well done.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

With a big win over Gatlin' Gun Grabner (he seems to be out of ammo and is no longer getting PP time) and his Islanders, the Sens move to within 2 POINTS of the mighty Bruins for the division lead. Of course, the Bruins have 4 games in hand on the upstart Sens but if the Bruins don't start to turn things around they could see themselves anywhere from 4th to 7th in the conference in short order.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

The Caps shit the bed against the Canes and young goaltender Justin Peters getting shut out 5-0. Caps out shot 40-17 on the evening.

Somehow I don't think there would be much of an argument right now between who you'd take...Crosby (healthy of course) or Ovechkin.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

tantalum wrote:The Caps shit the bed against the Canes and young goaltender Justin Peters getting shut out 5-0. Caps out shot 40-17 on the evening.

Somehow I don't think there would be much of an argument right now between who you'd take...Crosby (healthy of course) or Ovechkin.
I haven't paid much attention to the Eastern teams south of the border aside from Boston, what gives with Ovechkin this year anyhow? Last I checked he was 48th overall among scoring leaders.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote:
tantalum wrote:The Caps shit the bed against the Canes and young goaltender Justin Peters getting shut out 5-0. Caps out shot 40-17 on the evening.

I haven't paid much attention to the Eastern teams south of the border aside from Boston, what gives with Ovechkin this year anyhow? Last I checked he was 48th overall among scoring leaders.
"Backstrom (concussion) has yet to return to the ice after suffering a concussion in early January."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/398 ... sk3H5ivLYF
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

tantalum wrote:With a big win over Gatlin' Gun Grabner (he seems to be out of ammo and is no longer getting PP time) and his Islanders, the Sens move to within 2 POINTS of the mighty Bruins for the division lead. Of course, the Bruins have 4 games in hand on the upstart Sens but if the Bruins don't start to turn things around they could see themselves anywhere from 4th to 7th in the conference in short order.
Four point night (2 goals, 2 assists) for Erik Karlsson. Now where did that come from? :o

He's now in 16th place in scoring in the NHL, tied with Pominville at 57 points. Better than Selänne, Gaborik, StLouis, Ovechkin... you name them.

17 points (sic!) ahead of the second best D-man, Brian Campbell at 40.
Alex Edler is third with 39.

The Swedish defense for the 2014 Olympic tournament is beginning to shape up! 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Per wrote:"Backstrom (concussion) has yet to return to the ice after suffering a concussion in early January."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/398 ... sk3H5ivLYF
Not that he was setting the world on fire by his standards (33 points in 38 games) leading up to that..