New NHLSL Sim League Looking for Serious GMs

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

The Dude
AHL Prospect

New NHLSL Sim League Looking for Serious GMs

Post by The Dude »

Hey all,

The NHLSL is looking for new GMs, we currently have 9 GMs without having to recruit. This league will be for serious GMs only who are willing to be on MSN for trade talk on a somewhat consistent basis. Things happen in life and we understand that and you won't be fired for needing time away provided that you let the league know.

The league is going to start with a fantasy draft as soon as all 30 teams have a GM. We are using the STHS sim and the STHS web portal. Re-rates are based on NHL performance. If you have any questions about the league or the rules, please feel free to post in this thread.

We are a group of laid back professionals who respect eachother and have fun with sim leagues; we endorse and appreciate GMs who take the extra time to provide content on the forums with respect to team/league analysis, statistics, prospect profiles, fantasy media stories, etc. Although it is for Sserious GMs only, that doesn't mean we let things get out of control, respect among GMs and taking an interest in friendly rivalries is important.

Teams taken so far are Boston, Calgary, Detroit, Vancouver, Ottawa, St. Louis, Phoenix, Montreal, Philadelphia.

If you are interested in joining, please PM me with your MSN information.

Best regards,

NHLSL Commish

www.NHLSL.com
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: New NHLSL Sim League Looking for Serious GMs

Post by Cornuck »

Do you plan to join the join the forum or just spam us?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
The Dude
AHL Prospect

Post by The Dude »

Wow, thanks for the welcome, classy mods you have here.

I've actually been tryin to contact the admin of the site to see if we could use the site as a base which would help us with recruiting and bring more interest to your site, no one has responded yet.

Also, just because I'm offering your members a chance to be part of a sim league that may interest them and that they might find some fun in, doesn't mean I'm spamming.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Sorry Dude, we get a lot of people who come on here, post their ad and are never seen again, plus I deal with all of the other spambots and shit as well.

I'm sure that Brian would like to see about your idea - have you emailed him?
brian@canuckscorner.com

Welcome to the site, Dude, stick around. We have a fairly active group here.
The Dude
AHL Prospect

Post by The Dude »

Thanks man, I'm sure you have your fair share of crap to deal with.

I did email Brian, or at least I PMd him. I tried a couple times about 3 weeks ago, I was waiting on starting the league to hook up with a forum. In the end I just added a forum to the host, so I'm fine there, but more than happy to stick around and post on the forum.

I'm a yucky Flames fan, everyone feel free to roast me, but I'm not the type to start crap on forums and take shots.

Good luck to you guys for the rest of the year, I just hope we make it in!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Dude wrote:I'm a yucky Flames fan, everyone feel free to roast me, but I'm not the type to start crap on forums.
Don't worry, we already have our 'token' Flames fan (BCExpat). ;)

Check out this thread devoted to the Flames and their wonderful fan base: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7883&p=126053#p126053
The Dude
AHL Prospect

Post by The Dude »

Wow that's quite the thread! Thanks for pointing it out, I started reading it backwards.

Seems like a good group here.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Dude with tude.....yahoo..

Good on ya..

Good luck making the playoffs..love to meet up

Rat
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
The Dude
AHL Prospect

Post by The Dude »

Thanks Rats!

If I was a betting man, I would put money on the FLames not making the playoffs wit hthe current injury situation. THey will likely be in a spot come trade deadline and won't unload assets for youth, then miss the playoffs by a point and further infuriate the fan base.

I'm not negative, just a realist.

One can hope for a first round series against your Canucks though, it would be intense!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

We are kept In the flames loop by various means and understand exactly what you are saying. Tough decisions for sure, intensive is a fair description...lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….