GDT- Feb 4, 2012 at Colorado Avalanche

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT- Feb 4, 2012 at Colorado Avalanche

Post by Benjo »

Good start for Bitz, loved his hit in the first and he opened a nice cut over Mcleod's eye in the tilt.

Loved Burrows not taking crap from O'brien in the third.

Can't believe that wasn't a penalty when Daniel was tripped at the Canucks blueline and led directly to a scoring chance not to mention the can opener on Kesler in OT (not that the PP is in great shape right now).

Way to many turnovers in the defensive zone leading to another 40+ shot night on Lu. He must think he's playing for the Panthers again.

Raymond in the offensive zone is bordering on Malhotra-bad

The Avelanche rookie was mighty impressive

The boys avoided another kick in the ass that they sorely need by salvaging a win out of this game. It's very hard to believe they have 5 out of 6 pts this week as they still seem out of sorts.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shi-ite is Mason Raymond money in Shootout or what? Great defensively combined with a great set of hands.

Anybody know why David 'where am I going and what should I do with this bouncing puck' Booth isn't shootout worthy?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
CC Veteran

Post by Sticky »

RoyalDude wrote:Shi-ite is Mason Raymond money in Shootout or what? Great defensively combined with a great set of hands.
You did see Raymonds last shootout attempt(vs. Detroit), right?
Money IS the right word though... If you're talking about the Zimbabwean dollar.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:Shi-ite is Mason Raymond money in Shootout or what? Great defensively combined with a great set of hands.

Anybody know why David 'where am I going and what should I do with this bouncing puck' Booth isn't shootout worthy?
Did you see the Sedins in the shootouts? I guess they are useless as well...
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

mathonwy wrote:From a macro perspective, Canucks absolutely have what it takes to get to the SCF again this year. If we can play THIS FUCKING BADLY for 3 games in a row and still get 5 out of 6 points, then the future looks bright.
That's what i'm trying to say. I guess we're all spoiled because we know they can play much better but give credits to the Avs, they tried, our team was bad but still winning the game, so honestly it wasn't all bad.

They showed an interesting stat meanwhile the game, the Sedins were 1.1? ppg 'til the Boston game and after this just 0.5?. Maybe the Devil's Rat Marchand stole one of their hearts. :devil:
There lies some of the reasons why it's looking lava-esque for the most parts right now.

At least Bieksa saved the day, holy shit, what a diving save effort and moments later literally the gamewinning goal yeeeehaw.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote:

Where in my posting regarding Raymond and his dominance at shootouts and wondering why Booth does not partake in the great skilful spectacle we call The Shootout did I mention the Sedins? You are wandering off the beaten path again Jovocop. Re-align yourself Jovo, focus.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

RoyalDude wrote:

Booth was too busy being our top scorer over the past 7 games.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Potatoe1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Booth was too busy being our top scorer over the past 7 games.
I got a new name for that dumb blonde Booth, Pot Roast - it's David 'Steve Bernier Brains' Booth.

Booth is on pace for an overwhelming 15 goals 21 assists and 36 points and a minus 6. Fantastic numbers for a 4 point something million hockey player.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

^^^Yawns
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

?????
Royal Dude said:
Booth is on pace for an overwhelming 15 goals 21 assists and 36 points and a minus 6. Fantastic numbers for a 4 point something million hockey player.
Hmm Booth has played 26 games as a Canuck this season.. scored 8 goals and got 10 assists and is 0 in the +/- .. just wondering where he gets his stats? By my reckoning he'll be well over 20 goals and about 50 points if he stays healthy..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

So far I like what I see from Booth. He is perfect in the second line and would score more often if Kes learns to pass the puck to the front of the net where Booth is to be found. Like to see him play with Cody or the twins for an extended period but AV seems to know what he is doing. Edler is quietly becoming a very good D. Still has problems handling the puck but his awareness on the ice is sweet. The pass to Kes was money. Lou played well and Bitz fought a genuine tough guy (i like that kid McLeod) and held his own. He is a big boy is he not? Much of our D is gliding through games. It becomes apparent what they are up to. The team this year is better than last year. Cody and Booth>Torres and Ehrhoff, though we miss him on the PP. Lou is playing sound lately but I do not know how the first shooter missed. Did he get a bit of the puck? The announcers were not sure it seemed.
The team is playing like I have mentioned before. Like a team that has been told to save something for when it counts, and it makes sense. If they put the same effort into each game they did last year we would end up with more than 117 points and still perhaps not enough when it counts most. I do not want the D to be crashing into the corners right now risking injury. I do not think it is a switch you can turn on but there are many ways to manage the approach to hlding some back.
Totally unrelated but does anyone else think Kathryn Tappen on NHL network is incredibly hot?
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:
Jovocop wrote:

Where in my posting regarding Raymond and his dominance at shootouts and wondering why Booth does not partake in the great skilful spectacle we call The Shootout did I mention the Sedins? You are wandering off the beaten path again Jovocop. Re-align yourself Jovo, focus.
Focus my ass, is it that hard to get through your thick skull? Not all the players are good at everything. The Sedins are good at cycling the puck and create scoring chances with great passes. Booth is good at taking the puck to the net. All three of them might not be good at the shootout but they can put up points and create chances for others during the game. Just remember, there is no such a thing called shootout in the playoffs!
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

RoyalDude wrote: Booth is on pace for an overwhelming 15 goals 21 assists and 36 points and a minus 6. Fantastic numbers for a 4 point something million hockey player.
8 goals and 16 points in his last 20 games for Booth

In comparison Raymond has 3 goals and 7 points over the same period.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Booth also played through back and neck spasms last game. He was up for 5 hours the night before in a sitting position because he couldn't lay down. But hey RD needs to rag on something given gatlin' gun Grabner is on pace for 35 points or something.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

IMO Booth was playing well just before his injury and if he can return to that level of better he'll be an asset. Raymond seems to be returning to his old ways and the Sedins are awful.

On the bright side for his first game in the NHL for 2 year and not played for the 'Nucks period Bitz looked serviceable, so if I'm Weise I'm thinking I better pick up the pace and start throwing some hits. Man Bitz made a mess of McLeod....and i didn't see SOB ask him for a dance....every one on the Avs seemed to settle down. Job done. Not bad foot speed one particular big hit....I would expect better to come
cheers