Byron Bitz has been recalled

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Byron Bitz has been recalled

Post by Jovocop »

Byron Bitz has been recalled from the Chicago Wolves of the AHL. He will play tomorrow.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Byron Bitz has been recalled

Post by clem »

Unfortunately, this is because Higgins won't make the trip to Denver (per Murphy).

On the bright side, this reduces the risk of of Alberts lumbering down the wing.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Here's Bitz's chance to show he belongs before the trade deadline. I have not seen much of this player, so I'll be interested to see how he looks. My expectations are not high...
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

is Higgy having staff issues again?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

herb wrote:Here's Bitz's chance to show he belongs before the trade deadline. I have not seen much of this player, so I'll be interested to see how he looks. My expectations are not high...
Exactly. they want to see what his progress is in a NHL game and then judge what they need.

Steven Pinizzotto you'd think he would have enough time to regrow a new shoulder, he's been out since October
cheers
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Bitz has been recalled, but isn't guaranteed to play tomorrow as he can't make it to Denver due to snow storms. It is likely though.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Fred wrote:
herb wrote:Here's Bitz's chance to show he belongs before the trade deadline. I have not seen much of this player, so I'll be interested to see how he looks. My expectations are not high...
Exactly. they want to see what his progress is in a NHL game and then judge what they need.

Steven Pinizzotto you'd think he would have enough time to regrow a new shoulder, he's been out since October
Steve's in Hollywood, playing the One Armed Man in the new Fugitive Movie. Could be true. But, they said right off the bat that he was done for the season. He musta really blew it to pieces.

Is it just me, or is being a potential Canuck's 4th liner a pretty dangerous thing? Last season, we went through em like a fat kid eating Pez, and this season hasn't been much better.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Bitz had a great debut by getting the upper hand in a fight with Cody Mcleod. Not sure how tuff Mcleod is, but if Bitz knows his role and is willing/able to take care of business and be the body guard for our boyz, then he may be the tuff guy the Canucks desperately need on the 4th line.

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

[quote="Todd Bersnoozi"]Bitz had a great debut by getting the upper hand in a fight with Cody Mcleod. Not sure how tuff Mcleod is, but if Bitz knows his role and is willing/able to take care of business and be the body guard for our boyz, then he may be the tuff guy the Canucks desperately need on the 4th line.

quote]

I heard McLeod described as a better class middle weight. I Liked the fact Bitz didn't panic with the puck and seemed to have decent wheels and is a willing combatant, lets see how long it takes AV to make him into a pacifist
cheers
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

lets see how long it takes AV to make him into a pacifist
just becasue AV doesn't want players to take lazy , stupid penalties, doesnt make him a pacifist.
only 5 teams have more major penalites and misconducts than us.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
just becasue AV doesn't want players to take lazy , stupid penalties, doesnt make him a pacifist.
Let's hope you're right, it just seems to me the testosterone level seem to fall after a couple of weeks of AV tutelage :D By the way where do u get the stats on major fighting penalties from and does it show individual players ?...........FOUND it

Strange though they show Weise with 8 and Parros with 6 .... :D Lapierre with 6 as well I don't think that really tells you much
cheers
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Fred wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:
Let's hope you're right, it just seems to me the testosterone level seem to fall after a couple of weeks of AV tutelage :D
AV wants them to play smarter hockey, not just tougher hockey. I see the same trend with Gillis. Hodgson and Tanev both think the game well, and guys like Booth, Higgins and Wiese are not dumb either.

We filled our Dumb Hockey quota in the 90's and then exceeded it with Jovo's Special Ed moments.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

The videos on you tube makes me think Bitz is tougher than Wiese. I haven't seen not too much of Bitz to see who is the better player?

Who do you guys think is tougher and better 4th liner?
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

We filled our Dumb Hockey quota in the 90's
Well Bitz is a Cornell grad does that help. Because you play a physical tough game doesn't change your IQ. Parros is an Ivy League grad to. It's the team style that makes you change & AV puts his faith in the officials....good for him...
Last edited by Fred on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheers
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Madcombinepilot wrote:is Higgy having staff issues again?
Apparently he's having some side effects from the staph medication