OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Remember at the start of the season when he was rumoured to be unhappy with his role in Philly? Hartnell>Booth anyone? How that guy is not on the All Star team is beyond me.

Hartnell is having a great season but he is getting the Alex Burrows treatment by playing with Jags and Giroux, + he's getting first unit PP time.

How much does that 25 goal total drop if he's on our second line and second unit PP.
All quite true, Giroux is one of the best players in hockey. But Hartnell has been productive in the past, he's potted 30 and two seasons of 25 goals. His 30 goal season he only had 6 PPG.

He's getting great situational minutes this season, but I would take him and his salary in a heartbeat. Guy can play anywhere in the lineup and is the perfect marriage of grit and skill. He also leads the Flyers in +/-, shots and shooting %. 71 PIMS ain't too shabby for the fantasy team either 8-)

In other places...

PK Subban has been benched in the MTL-Detroit game, with MTL up 6-0 halfway through the game. I think the Wings were starting the All-Star break early in a few Montreal gentleman's clubs.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Two of Luc Bourdon's former Junior team mates, Kris Letang (Val-d'Or) and Keith Yandle (Moncton) playing for team Alfredsson at the ASG this weekend.

RIP Luc.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

BladesofSteel wrote:Two of Luc Bourdon's former Junior team mates, Kris Letang (Val-d'Or) and Keith Yandle (Moncton) playing for team Alfredsson at the ASG this weekend.

RIP Luc.
Man I still think of what the 'Nucks would be like with Bourdon, what a tragedy
cheers
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Fred wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:Two of Luc Bourdon's former Junior team mates, Kris Letang (Val-d'Or) and Keith Yandle (Moncton) playing for team Alfredsson at the ASG this weekend.

RIP Luc.
Man I still think of what the 'Nucks would be like with Bourdon, what a tragedy
He would have been a prototypical "New NHL" defenseman. Terrific mobility with a strong two-way game who can make a heady out let pass or skate it himself. He wasn't afraid of the rough stuff and could throw a hit. I'll never forget his first NHL goal, wudda canon!

Imagine what AV could have made him into.

Goddamnit Luc.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Would Hamhuis be a good comparable for Bourdon's potential? Or was Bourdon more like Schenn? I don't remember much of the little I saw of Bourdon, I worked nights at the time.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Benjo wrote:Would Hamhuis be a good comparable for Bourdon's potential? Or was Bourdon more like Schenn? I don't remember much of the little I saw of Bourdon, I worked nights at the time.
From what I saw of Luc he had the potential to be as good as anyone. He was young and a D and as gets said a lot, they take more time than a forward to develop. However, the one place we really miss him is the intimidation part of the game. When he was on the ice opposing players would not be setting up shop in front of Lou or Ginger. He knew how to throw a hit and he could fight. No heavyweight but capable. Certainly would not back down. It was a huge loss for the team and his family I imagine.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

laugh out loud
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Wow. Thats got to be tied for worst overpayment ever with Wade Reddens contract
If you need air...call it in
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Wow. Thats got to be tied for worst overpayment ever with Wade Reddens contract
Rick DP takes the worst ever, it will be a long time before this deal gets topped.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

damonberryman wrote:
Benjo wrote:Would Hamhuis be a good comparable for Bourdon's potential? Or was Bourdon more like Schenn? I don't remember much of the little I saw of Bourdon, I worked nights at the time.
From what I saw of Luc he had the potential to be as good as anyone. He was young and a D and as gets said a lot, they take more time than a forward to develop. However, the one place we really miss him is the intimidation part of the game. When he was on the ice opposing players would not be setting up shop in front of Lou or Ginger. He knew how to throw a hit and he could fight. No heavyweight but capable. Certainly would not back down. It was a huge loss for the team and his family I imagine.
I see young Polasek took on Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond while they were in Abbotsford and did OK. I always thought of Polasek as a solid D type rather than a fighter. He didn't do bad...for a 21 year old first year in the AHL

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/109194
cheers
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Wow. Thats (Gomez contract) got to be tied for worst overpayment ever with Wade Reddens contract
Don't forget Chris Drury.

Yep, Gomez, Redden, and Drury. All signed to stupid contracts by Glen Tomato Face Sather! :oops:
____
Try to focus on someday.
zephyr
AHL Prospect

Post by zephyr »

Neither. More offensive than Hamhuis and Schenn, but less responsible in his own end. Less "physical," but more likely to throw a jarring hit. Like it's been already stated, he is a great prototype for a defenceman in the current league.

Kid got into the big show for 27 games as a 20 year old, and was majorly on the upswing. One of the, if not the, top DMan in the World Juniors one year.

We would be unstoppable if he was still around.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

I'm not big on comparing young prospects to veteran players, but I do recall thinking about Bourdon when I first saw Chris Tanev play last year. Tall, lanky d-man who had effortless strides and saw the ice well. He always looked calm and poised. Tanev reminds me a lot of Luc.