Tanev recalled

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Tanev recalled

Post by Strangelove »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Gotta log off for the evening, but I'll see if I can suggest a dozen-or-2 candidates for your (dis)approval tomorrow. :D

I wait with baited breath... :D
Shit Potski, check it:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -fire.html

I'm working at home today, was gonna compile a list this morning BUT THE POWER WAS OUT.

ALL MORNING!! Image

And I've gotta head to Harrison by 4:00.

So I dunno....

3-way deal centring around Subban to Nucks, Lecavalier to Habs, Schneids to Lightning. :thumbs:

Wait did he say "BAITed" breath?? :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Alright, here's some beastly-to-varying-degrees RS dee:

Subban
Robidas
Weber
Schenn
Byfuglien
Bogosian
Gleason
Klesla
Sarich (that's right)
Kubina
Souray (you heard me)
Aucoin

Pitkanen
Seabrook
Alzner
Michalek
Seidenberg
Burns
Hedman
Myers
Matt Greene
Volchenkov
Girardi
Polak

EDIT: Luca Sbisa - with all the ANA trade talk I thought I'd throw him in. This kid is quickly becoming a shut-down BEAST. Likes to hit hard and is a decent middle-weight fighter, sticks up for his teammates. I know he is a LHS, but I think he's comfortable on the right side, could be wrong.

Obviously some of these would cost a fortune, others not. A few are not RH shots, but i THINK all the above are comfortable on the right side. If I'm wrong about one or two I'm sure y'all will let me know. :D

We need another Top 4 RS dee (or one who can at least step into the Top 4) going into the playoffs. We all saw what happens when Sami goes down. And yes I know some of these guys (Seabrook lol) are likely not available at ANY price.

Now most of you probably dread the thought of Canucks acquiring some of the above. But surely everyone can see at least a few they would like in a Canuck jersey at a fair-and-reasonable deadline price.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

In the "are the Canucks getting good value for the salaries they are paying" vein, there was an interesting article posted yesterday at PensionPuppets.com called, "Team Defense Cap Hit vs. Performance." I am not sure that the methodology directly supports the premise, but, in terms of trying to find some objective measure, and based on the calculations, it looks like the Canucks are sort of in the middle to the upper 1/4 of the pack compared to the other teams in the league.

Team Defense Cap Hit vs. Performance
by Ben Schnell on Jan 27, 2012

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2012/ ... ?ref=yahoo
Lloyd Braun
CC Veteran

Post by Lloyd Braun »

Waffle wrote:Team Defense Cap Hit vs. Performance
by Ben Schnell on Jan 27, 2012
That article is full of problems. It neglects the role of systems play, forwards and goaltending, doesn't consider the offensive role factored into defensive salaries, and most importantly, NONE of those graphs comes anywhere close to showing any statistical significance.

My favourite part is this:
I drew this line in myself, as I didn't like the average excel was generating itself. I put the line right between the cluster of 16 or so teams that all follow the same sort of pattern.
How does the author expect to be taken seriously by anyone? Is anybody really blinded by the flash of an imaginary line of correlation? :stupid:
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

It also doesn't factor in the regular season versus the play offs.

What the article does do is give the cap hit for the D-man for the various teams, which would take some time to figure out. Such a number is interesting in terms of trying to understand why some of the top teams seem to have a lot of cap space compared to others.