Bertuzzi/Moore

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Bertuzzi/Moore

Post by Arachnid »

Looks like Moore money for the team formally known as The Orcas

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... le2312475/
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I'm intrigued by this case. Obviously it has no effect on my life so who takes the brunt of the award is incidental but when it's all over I hope we get a full explanation why the judge makes the award or maybe does not...

For the life of me I can't understand how a court can define how the injury occurred...was it the punch or was it the piling on after the fall ?

I wonder why the case is being heard in Ontario ?

I have to think that either the length of time to bring it to trial is indicative of the difficulty to prove the claimants point of view or the amount asked for is so large it has become a case celeb and must be heard at such a high level ie Supreme Court ?

I'm not into who's right and who wrong as much as how the court will reach a decision
cheers
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Fred wrote:I'm intrigued by this case. Obviously it has no effect on my life so who takes the brunt of the award is incidental but when it's all over I hope we get a full explanation why the judge makes the award or maybe does not...

For the life of me I can't understand how a court can define how the injury occurred...was it the punch or was it the piling on after the fall ?

I have to think that either the length of time to bring it to trial is indicative of the difficulty to prove the claimants point of view or the amount asked for is so large it has become a case celeb and must be heard at such a high level ie Supreme Court ?

I'm not into who's right and who wrong as much as how the court will reach a decision
Reasons for judgment, not that it will likely get that far.

The court uses the evidence provided.

Personal injury claims often take years.

Because it was filed in Ontario.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Why does this story always rear it's ugly head when there is hockey in the air (Playoffs, draft, free-agency, start of season).

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nh ... -struggles

I don't believe it for a minute.

Something stinks to high heaven here.

I think he is milking this as a way to a cool 60 million as opposed to working hard to overcome all the odds and have a career

Steve Moore you are a coward and a pansy and your name will forever be etched in shame if you continue this route...get a real job and suck it the fuck up...

:evil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A spineless jellyfish who could never have suffered broken vertebrae.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote:A spineless jellyfish who could never have suffered broken vertebrae.
as in broke invertebrate?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dhabums wrote:
Fred wrote:I'm intrigued by this case. Obviously it has no effect on my life so who takes the brunt of the award is incidental but when it's all over I hope we get a full explanation why the judge makes the award or maybe does not...

Reasons for judgment, not that it will likely get that far.

The court uses the evidence provided.

Personal injury claims often take years.

Because it was filed in Ontario.

Look what the cat dragged in. 8-)
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”