Not locked, mind you, but completely removed. No one has informed me of the reason why this happened, so I'm a bit puzzled. None of the threads were vulgar, explicit or anything like that. The common denominator, I guess, is that all three were about politics. The first was about whether anyone believed the recent Russian elections were fair and free. The second was about China, being a bit peeved about the Nobel Peace Prize having been awarded to Dalai Lama and Liu Xiaobo and thus creating their own Confucius Peace Prize, and then awarding it to Putin. Hilarious!
The third was linking to an English article on innocent people locked up at Gitmo.
Now, I've been reading the rules thoroughly, because I like this place and I do not wish to break the rules:
Brian CC wrote:Here are the rules of this forum. The aren't hard to follow and I would hope you would respect them. If you can't you will have to find another place to hang out. Who put me in charge? I did
1. Please respect other posters. This forum is intended as a place to build friendships, Personal attacks will not be tolerated. This site is a hobby and people who make it a pain in the butt to run or any users who continually start squabbles and garner complaints will be punted from the forum.
2. Please remember that fans of all ages visit these forums. While I believe in free speech, excessive vulgarity will not be tolertated. Nor will racial slurs, sexually explicit content or threats made to any member of this site.
3. No sig file pictures. Why? They take up bandwidth, and for people with slower connections it slows down the site. Not to mention there are some damn gaudy ones out there.
4. If you have a problem with someone, settle it via the private messaging system. There is debate, then there is childish behaviour. Even in private, threats, insults and rude behaviour will not be tolerated.
5. The last rule? I reserve the right to revise these rules and make up new ones any time I see fit.
It's not rocket science folks, this place is meant for the enjoyment of mature Canucks fans. If you can't play nice, you won't be playing here at all.
In none of the three threads did I violate any of the rules.
Perhaps a matter of wrong content in the wrong place?
Let's look at the description of Creeper's Bar & Grill:
this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest!
OK, so if I want to get something off my chest, like eg a frustration that Russia may be moving back toward totalitarianism, this would be the place, right?
Well, that's what I figured.
So here goes another attempt. If there is a rule against discussing politics or foreign affairs, please let me know.
As long as no one has sent me a message saying so, and as long as there is no rule specifically stating so, I will go on trying, since international politics is an interest of mine, and I frequently want to get things relating to this "off my chest".
This time I thought I'd start a generic one, sort of like an OOTS thread, and so people can write about pretty much any international affairs they feel like here. OK? OK.