GDT: Dogfish @ Killer Whales - 1PM - SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Dogfish @ Killer Whales - 1PM - SNET

Post by rats19 »

Ratnose coming thru.......I think he was comparing more the lopsidedness rather than the individuals involved..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So Rome gets to move to the right tonight and Ballard gets to play the left. Rome didn't look to bad and Ballard looked much better.

Good win. A little sloppy for times but we pulled it out. They won the special teams battle tonight so give them credit, a SH and a PP goal. Our PP is still number one but it won't be for long if we don't get back to being scary on it. Need to fine tune and fine a new wrinkle to throw in. Give the 2nd unit more time on the PP too. Get Burrows off the point. I know he hit a goal post an all but I'm just not a fan of a forward playing point on the PP, at least none of ours.

Now all we have to do is take care of Edmonton and all will be right in the world again.
The only HW the Canucks need
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

The game was much closer than it should have been.

That short handed goal should have never happened.

MayRay with an absolute bullet off the pipe and Kes could have had two.

It really is nice to see a Canuck win a fight so convincingly. #4 in your program, #1 in your heart.

Tanev looked like a regular out there beside Edler. No rookie jitters at all.

I think Hodgson's upside is extremely high. He's making some world class plays and playing some very sound defense. He protects the puck very well and is hard to knock off his feet. I dare say, he's a better centerman than Kesler. Kes has the speed but Cody has the stick handling.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Douche of the Day: Thornton was the only player that decided to leave his helmet on for the moment of silence.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote: Please, do not compare him to Rypien or Volpatti
Your vocabulary seems to be getting smaller by the day.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
Southern_Canuck wrote:
That was a stunning fight by Ballard - sure Pavelski is not a fighter, but I haven't seen a lopsided Canuck win like that since Volpatti/Richardson... and before that Rypien/Prust, I think.

S_C
Um SC, he was fighting Joe Pavelski.

Please, do not compare him to Rypien or Volpatti
Ummm, I was just noting the big disparity in hard punches landed - when was the last time you saw a Canuck player win big in a fight like that?

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

dhabums wrote:Douche of the Day: Thornton was the only player that decided to leave his helmet on for the moment of silence.

I didn't notice that, what an idiot. Probably needs some one to tell him what to do Duh
cheers
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

dhabums wrote:Douche of the Day: Thornton was the only player that decided to leave his helmet on for the moment of silence.
I got no respect for jumbo Joe.

That stupid finger thing he pulled with Hank is forever etched in my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK7jka7tSNk

Fucking bush league.

I can see a shit disturbing rat like Tootoo or Marchand doing that but when your captain is doing that, you know your team's in trouble. Marleau's ok but as long as Thornton's on that team, the Sharks aren't going to win anything.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Fred wrote:I like the idea that the third line is becoming a force of it's own...some thing that we didn't have last season...pretty hard to beat a 3 line team...or should be. Hodgson, Hansen and Raymond are taking their opportunity
hmmm maybe you didn't watch the playoffs Fred? 2nd and 3rd line were the difference makers against Preds and Chitown..
But a great game by CH.. kudo's to Kesler and Raymond ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

mathonwy wrote:
I got no respect for jumbo Joe.

That stupid finger thing he pulled with Hank is forever etched in my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK7jka7tSNk

Fucking bush league.

I can see a shit disturbing rat like Tootoo or Marchand doing that but when your captain is doing that, you know your team's in trouble. Marleau's ok but as long as Thornton's on that team, the Sharks aren't going to win anything.
I have been saying that for years. People laughed when Boston traded Thornton away for spare parts. Like it or not, Boston won a cup but San Jose have never reached the final...
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Thornton doesn't act that way with every team. He only does so with teams that have him frustrated. Fustrate him and he completely loses focus and no longer helps his team.
newcanuckfan
CC Veteran

Post by newcanuckfan »

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the game but listened to the 1st and 3rd on the radio while driving, so it certainly sounded like many are describing here - a deserved victory, with Canucks dominating the 5 on 5 play for the most part.

I have to chime in on Ballard - I'm not a hater and actually have been pulling for the guy both last year and this year until a few games ago when I made peace that it's time he and the organization part company. But....the past 2 games could swing me back -- it's just great to see the "fight" in him (not that he's a heavyweight, just that he gives a shit and obviously wants to stay here). Plus it sounds like he played much more comfortably on the left side yesterday , so maybe all is not lost.

Perhaps AV is just a master manipulator?
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Tiger wrote:
Fred wrote:I like the idea that the third line is becoming a force of it's own...some thing that we didn't have last season...pretty hard to beat a 3 line team...or should be. Hodgson, Hansen and Raymond are taking their opportunity
hmmm maybe you didn't watch the playoffs Fred? 2nd and 3rd line were the difference makers against Preds and Chitown..
But a great game by CH.. kudo's to Kesler and Raymond ..
I made it to most games and the ones I didn't attend I certainly watched on TV. Lets me just say this if our third line was playing like the the current line is we wouldn't have noticed the injury to Kesler quite as much. Lapierre playing the minutes he did is not the answer in my books. They give lots of try in the SC I grant you but they're not top end skill players
cheers
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

From last season, Thornton knocks of Sedin's helmet and pushes it away with his stick.

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Southern_Canuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Southern_Canuck wrote:
That was a stunning fight by Ballard - sure Pavelski is not a fighter, but I haven't seen a lopsided Canuck win like that since Volpatti/Richardson... and before that Rypien/Prust, I think.

S_C
Um SC, he was fighting Joe Pavelski.

Please, do not compare him to Rypien or Volpatti
Ummm, I was just noting the big disparity in hard punches landed - when was the last time you saw a Canuck player win big in a fight like that?

S_C
C'mon Dude, leave S_C alone! He just praised KB4. This is a unicorn under double rainbows moment for the rest of us.

Besides, who else has been providing the "enforcing and intimidation" that folks have been clamoring for? Anyone seen Dale Wiese lately?