Trade Deadline Discussion

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Deadline Discussion

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Jovocop wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCETWSUv ... r_embedded

If this is the Parros that the Canucks are getting, I would love that. A big hit to Savard and fought Thornton. One shift and took out two players.
Please...don't be a rumour. I'm so damn sick of the canucks losing every single fight.
If you need air...call it in
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Jovocop wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCETWSUv ... r_embedded

If this is the Parros that the Canucks are getting, I would love that. A big hit to Savard and fought Thornton. One shift and took out two players.
Please...don't be a rumour. I'm so damn sick of the canucks losing every single fight.
Heh. It sucks watching Canucks lose fights, but fans are salivating here and elsewhere over Parros fighting Shawn Thornton to a draw (although I'd say Parros looks to have the upper hand for most of the fight) in a game the Ducks lost 6-0.

IMO that is perfect - this whole situation in a nutshell. George Parros is the kind of guy that is going to make a 6-0 loss more palatable.. he just isn't the kind of guy who would turn it into a close game (or a close game into a victory).

Anyway- Bob McKenzie hit twitter to say that the Canucks and Ducks have had zero discussions about Parros so I guess we can put this one to bed.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Bob shot it down eh? Well he says they haven't had a single conversation about parros. I'll happily read between the lines and say that they have had conversations! And given mcLean clearly overheard something they must have been talking about PERR-y.:sarcasm:
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

McKenzie shooting this down makes exgm McLean look pretty silly.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Let's say the Canucks trade a goalie to Tampa Bay...

What about RW Carter Ashton (shoots left) as part of the return? Drafted #29 overall in 2009 and is in his first full pro season in the AHL (15 goals in 39 games).

Can fight, and is 6'3" 215 lbs. Might look pretty darn good with Hodgson in a few years.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Southern_Canuck wrote:Let's say the Canucks trade a goalie to Tampa Bay...

What about RW Carter Ashton (shoots left) as part of the return? Drafted #29 overall in 2009 and is in his first full pro season in the AHL (15 goals in 39 games).

Can fight, and is 6'3" 215 lbs. Might look pretty darn good with Hodgson in a few years.

S_C
Damn, are you ever late to the party SC. I've been campaigning for Gillis to reel this kid in for a while, looked great at WJC's last year and is having a great year in the AHL. His Dad played in Vancouver way back before stupidity reigned once again with our GM then when he decided to cut him loose to the Nordiques where he had a great career. Brent Ashton was a great scrapper too. I'd like to pry loose both Ashton and Connolly somehow, but that is a serious pipe dream. Why didn't we draft this kid instead of that shrimp Shroeder I don't know, another bad Gillis move there. Ashton went a couple spots after Schroeder.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Southern_Canuck wrote:Let's say the Canucks trade a goalie to Tampa Bay...

S_C
I brought this up in the Tampa GDT.... I see RD is clinging onto it like grim death which aint far off for him if he continues to smoke crack and roll with trannies.

Furthermore, his dad Brent was cut loose as compensation for Vancouver signing Ivan Hlinka and Jiri Bubla. Take your lips off the tailpipe Pacific Blue.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
I brought this up in the Tampa GDT.... I see RD is clinging onto it like grim death which aint far off for him if he continues to smoke crack and roll with trannies.
You're just jealous Blob. You gotta to stop letting your woman where the pants around the house and get rolling East Side with me. I could use a good wingman, it can get quite hairy down there.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Furthermore, his dad Brent was cut loose as compensation for Vancouver signing Ivan Hlinka and Jiri Bubla. Take your lips off the tailpipe Pacific Blue.
Yeah, and a whole lotta good those two Czeck's did for us. I couldn't remember why Ashton was let go, thanks for jarring the memory bank. The Czech's were decent at times I GUESS but Ashton went on to have a great career in Quebec and was a helluva scrapper, not too mention a consistent 30 goal scorer. Can you imagine if we had kept both Ashton and Neely?
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Yeah, and a whole lotta good those two Czeck's did for us. I couldn't remember why Ashton was let go. I mean, they were decent at times but Ashton went on to have a great career in Quebec and was a helluva scrapper, not too mention a consistent 30 goal scorer. Can you imagine if we had kept both Ashton and Neely?
That was a Jake Milford blunder.........he made so many it was hard to count, though he did draft ok for his tenure.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Yeah, and a whole lotta good those two Czeck's did for us. I couldn't remember why Ashton was let go. I mean, they were decent at times but Ashton went on to have a great career in Quebec and was a helluva scrapper, not too mention a consistent 30 goal scorer. Can you imagine if we had kept both Ashton and Neely?
That was a Jake Milford blunder.........he made so many it was hard to count, though he did draft ok for his tenure.
You sure it wasn't Jake Gordon or that Harry Neale? Surprised, Jake Milford had a great eye for talent. He was the architect in drafting Gradin, Fraser and Smyl.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Here's a great trade, Schneider, Shroeder and Ballard for Ashton and Connolly???? There's the line of Canuck future, Hodgson between Ashton and Connolly????
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It was Milford.... we can credit Neale for drafting Neely and Gordon for trading him.

Milford also drafted Vaive, Derlago, Lanz and Butcher . Gradin was aquired in a deal with Chicago.............
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:It was Milford.... we can credit Neale for drafting Neely and Gordon for trading him.

Milford also drafted Vaive, Derlago, Lanz and Butcher . Gradin was aquired in a deal with Chicago.............
Tom Watt played a huge part in getting rid of Cam Neely. Tom Watt hated him and demanded Gordon in to getting rid of him. Man, did I hate Watts. But shit Blob, your memory is good for those days, it's all coming back to me now. Vaive and Derlago were great draft picks but Lanz and Butcher? Meh. Didn't Michel Petit and JJ Daigneault follow Lanz and Butcher, I remember we kept drafting defenseman in the 1st round year after year for a while.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I don't see today's management would look to letting youngster go in exchange for aging players. However saying that both Hlinka and Bubla were great, Hlinka wrist shot on the half board on the PP was dynamite and Bubla had to be one of the best defenseman to dress for the Canucks...his strength was phenomenal. I can't recall which goon tried to go after him one night but he actually held him off with one hand and waved to the lines man to get him with the other....all the time laughing. I recall Hlinka coming up to the blue line with the puck flipping it up and bunting it in, made the opposing D look like a PeeWee.

As I recall Neeley was traded on the advise of Tom Watt, who told any one listening after the trade...hey the kid couldn't get it out of his own end how can you trust a winger who can't be depended on the get it out around the wall.
cheers