GDT: Canucks vs Sharks - 17:00 PST (SNET-P)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sharks - 17:00 PST (SNET-P)

Post by rats19 »

At least Chicago lost....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Tough breaks in OT and the SO. Two posts and out. Sharks get a post in the SO and its in.

Canucks PP has dried up IMO due to a lack of urgency. First unit has gotten back to being stationary and not moving the puck fast enough especially side to side. Poor puck support on the boards where they lose possession. Garrett even mentioned it. You should NEVER be outnumbered on the boards when you have a man advantage.

Sharks were horrible in their own zone but got lucky when the Canucks were not able to take advantage.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

If it wasn't for Loungo we would have gotten destroyed that game. Great goaltending in the 2nd and 3rd kept us in a game we probably shouldn't have been in.

The PP is starting to be a bit of a concern for me. It seems a little complacent at times but these things come and go in cycles so I am not calling for changes yet. It was nice to see Salo blasting a few more from the point.

Malholtra, Lappy and Weise's best games in the last 5 or 6. They were becoming a liabilty during the holiday season but last night they seemed to be on point and clicking well.

OK well I am leaving for a while so goodbye CCer's. I am going to miss the Boston game on the 7th but that's OK I guess. Viva La Mexcio!!!!
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Two good things:

1) At least we got one point out of it. so it's not an outright loss.

2) I picked up Hodgson on my fantasy team right ahead of this game as a replacement for Bryan Little, who's injured. He did not disappoint! 8-)

The downside on that though is that I now have Henrik Sedin, Lapdog and Hodgson on my team.... :|
Leaves me a bit exposed when the Nucks don't deliver.

Mind you, I'd probably still pick up Kesler if he was available.... :P

Edit: Yes, Lapdog. I know he doesn't score much, but we have hits and blocks as categories and he's the best hitter on my team, so I do need him. Plus he's listed as C/W, which adds flexibility when setting the daily roster.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

The PP will come back. Even the best PP in the league has slumps. It happens. And then it will all of sudden start clicking at 40% for 5 or 6 games balancing out the slump. The only thing that frustrates me is that on nights it's not working AV sticks with the same units instead of switching things up. WHy not give Hodgson a chance in Kesler's spot? OR BUrrows or whoever.

And for the love of everything, remove Daniel from the point on a 5-on-3. Having two great passing players in Henrik and Daniel down low and on the half boards would seem to make more sense with two heavy shooters in Salo and Edler up top.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

SNet commented last night that the Sharks blocked 24 shots to the Canucks 7. Playoff-style... tough to score with that going on. Being static on the PP doesn't help overcome it, either.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Listercat wrote:Tough breaks in OT and the SO. Two posts and out. Sharks get a post in the SO and its in.

Canucks PP has dried up IMO due to a lack of urgency. First unit has gotten back to being stationary and not moving the puck fast enough especially side to side. Poor puck support on the boards where they lose possession. Garrett even mentioned it. You should NEVER be outnumbered on the boards when you have a man advantage.

Sharks were horrible in their own zone but got lucky when the Canucks were not able to take advantage.
When Daniel is "firing" pucks from the point on a 5 on 3, something is awry.

Maybe we're saving our good plays for the SCF.