GDT: Canucks @ HollywooDD, CBC, 7:00pm PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks @ HollywooDD, CBC, 7:00pm PST

Post by CFP! »

Is it Scott Oake who is doing the commentary?

Fucking hate him either way but the guy who "And Kesler does down like he was shot" after taking a stick in the chin is a douche, and obviously cannot relate to what a stick in the face/cut feels like in play.

Oh well, give it five years and we wont be paying for CBC anyways....
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Okay ... this is the last time I'm posting this year.

This game is the biggest mockery of hockey I've ever seen.

Totally pathetic.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Oh my fucking god..I can't even watch this. The league is an embarrassment.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Never mind....Mark Lee you asshole!

Cassie was on point more than Mr Mark Lee.

I bet the MOJ could have called this game better.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Kings were the better team and capitalized on their chances. They were more hungry and had a sense of urgency from the first puck drop. Can't blame the refs for this one. There were bad calls for both sides and non calls on both sides. The Kings came to play tonight and wanted it more. They are playing Sutter hockey right now.

Lets face it, most people thought the Kings would be better this year than their record has been. They have had a horrible first half and seem to have found their game and are playing the way I at least thought they would at the start of the season.

One thing I know is that we will have a tremendous rivalry with them when we are in the same division next year. This game the Canucks looked disinterested for the most part and got caught trying to be tough. When they play that way they usually lose. That 4 minute power play all but sums it up and then giving up that goal right after. No urgency at all from the team tonight. Perhaps one bike ride too many in LA??

For some reason I am not all that upset, disappointed yes but I think I expected a game like this, similar to how they played Calgary before Christmas. But whatever it was the Kings were the better team and not only earned the 2 points but fully deserved them. A good 2011 nonetheless. Now onto 2012 and let win the Division and get set for the playoffs.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Hockey Widow wrote:Now onto 2012 and let win the Division and get set for the playoffs.
:mrgreen: Happy New Year
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Happy New Year everyone!

I am in the same boat as the Widow with my stance on this game. I was hoping for a minimum 4 out of 6 points in this road trip and I think the Canucks were too. I don't think they took the Kings seriously tonight and paid for it. I believe Farhan had posted something about their efforts in what appear to be meaningless games. I think this backs that theory up a little more.

As for the Kings V.20 w/Sutter behind the bench: They look alot like myself and most other fans thought what the Kings should look like this year. They are a good team and had a poor start. If they play the rest of the year like they did last night they will be a huge threat come April. I thought their PK was excellent.

When it comes to the cheapshots, I think boring-ass Mark Lee summed it up best when he called the Kings "downright dirty". Mike Richards was way easier to like when he played on the other side of the country. The slewfoot could have been really dangerous coupled with the Brown hit. Good thing the Sedins are made of rubber and rarely get hurt. (knocking on wood)
The Richardson cheap shot after the goal was like wtf? I know Alberts made an attempt but there should have been some form of follow-up on that one by someone ... anyone.

The Monday game should be a beauty. I'm looking forward to it.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
old calamari
CC Veteran

Post by old calamari »

you would think mike richards would be on the down low with his slew foot and stick work as he is 1 good punch or elbow to the head away from the dark place. fat boy doughty had the best dive of the season last night, the reff even said it was epic by giving the nuck a penalty. sutter even thanked the same reff at the end of the game..good job boys.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

HW and the calming voice of "reason" ...it hard to wallow with that shit around..

Thnx wids... :lol:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

rats19 wrote:HW and the calming voice of "reason" ...itS hard to Swallow with that shit around..

Thnx wids... :lol:

Fixed it for you
The only HW the Canucks need
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Do you ever wonder, now the Sedins are multi millionaires they might just walk away. They get neither protection or respect from the league, the officials or the players in the league. WHY do they continue. I think I'd buy myself a place in Rio, Hawaii Samoa...where ever and enjoy life. With the slew footing ( possible concussion ) cross checks ( i know I have spinal stenosis and man that's big time pain ) why bother to risk serious injury and screw up the rest of your life. $30,000,000 bring you $1.500,000 per annum at 5% which is not hard to get per year

Man would that be a blow for the league.

It would get rid of a lot of my pain and angst watching the crap they take. :evil:
cheers
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

I can't remember who high sticked Kesler, but his reaction was shaking his head as though Kesler was diving. This despite the blood. I am really tired of the way the Canucks are being treated, and being allowed to be treated.

I can't remember who kept coming at Ballard only to wind up jumping him and driving him to the ice ... they would both get penalized even though Ballard wasn't trying to fight.

Doughty attacks Daniel, starts a big dog pile ... and Burrows gets the only penalty? Doughty laughing all the way. Doughty actually thinks he's tough. He's world class talent, but what an idiot.

You guys have already mentioned the slew foot, elbow, etc. What a nasty game.

The NHL is flawed and inconsistent. I prefer the officiating in what I've seen from International Ice Hockey. An example during the World Juniors was the first American cheap shot that resulted in a power play and goal for Canada. Or when the Czechs got 3 penalties in 29 (I think it was?) seconds because they assumed they wouldn't get penalized after the first infraction and kept whacking away. It was like opening a big door and letting a bunch of fresh air in.

Yes the Kings are a very good hockey team. Yes the Canucks didn't play their best. I'm not looking for blame for the loss. I want the system changed to get rid of that dirty crap.

Having ranted, It was one hell of a year to be a Canucks fan. :)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah it would be nice if Vancouver had some push back griz.

In a perfect world Ballard is shipped out for Tim Gleason. Manny and Weise are the 13th and 14th forwards come playoff time replaced by Derek Dorsett and Travis Moen. It is frustrating to watch this team continually get sand kicked in its face.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Frustrating, the refs won't do anything to stop it, so when we respond we get called for a retaliation penalty, thats the fucking hilarious part of it all. No point in getting a goon cause the players doing the stuff are protected by the instigator rule and most of them will not fight to begin with. 99.9% of the time its not the goons doing this, it's the Marchands, Thorntons, Richards, Bollands. If we do get a goon, all that does is set this team up to have somebody who will fight the other teams goon, what does that solve? It basically comes to the league getting there fucking shit together and putting the screws to the refs to stop the fucking bullshit antics between the whistles and behind the play when it comes to the star players, the bread and butter of the game, the players who put fans in the seat, pay Gary Bettmans salary.

How about stop the guys instigating the shit instead of waiting for our player to respond to call two unsportsmanlike misconducts. Our player is just minding his own fucking business and ACTUALLY playing the game how it's suppose to be played, why penalize him???
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah it would be nice if Vancouver had some push back griz.

In a perfect world Ballard is shipped out for Tim Gleason. Manny and Weise are the 13th and 14th forwards come playoff time replaced by Derek Dorsett and Travis Moen. It is frustrating to watch this team continually get sand kicked in its face.

I don't think we will see 3 changes but I think we are going to see something

This from practice today;

"Vigneault not happy with physical response by Lapierre, Weise, Alberts against #Kings. "I was expecting a lot more from those guys."

With all due respect to AV, the 3 players he mentioned are all terrible fighters, although I agree that there wasn't enough push back in terms of hitting either.

Canucks probably want at least one more regular player that can hit and fight, and perhaps a 13th forward type who they can spot in against more physical teams (a healthy Volpatti would be a fit for that role).

I like Gleason and Dorsett, not so high on Moen....

It's starting to sound like AV has had it though, and a guy like Weise who is clearly very marginal, could bear the brunt of his frustration.