Dec 29 - Canucks @ Disneyland - 7PM - SNET PAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Dec 29 - Canucks @ Disneyland - 7PM - SNET PAC

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote: it may go like this - IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!
If it can be better, make it so.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

dhabums wrote:
Absolutely!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dhabums wrote:
Shuddup, this is not your fight. You remind me of one of those bantam league angry hollering hockey dads living vicariously through their sons eyes at hockey rinks strewn across this vast country of ours.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:
dhabums wrote:
Shuddup dhapoopusher, this is not your fight. You remind me of one of those bantam league angry hollering hockey dads living vicariously through their sons eyes at hockey rinks strewn across this vast country of ours.
There's a fight?
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

RoyalDude wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:
Ryan, Sibsia, Ellis for Ballard, Hodgson, Schneider

Yuck, The Ducks win this by a country mile. Hodgson is just warming up and Schneider is a Franchise Elite Goaltender in the making. Don't think cement shoes Ryan fits the Canuck system here. Plus, you have to ask yourself, "Why is Anaheim wanting to get rid of him if he is soooooo good?
Sibsa is a quality young defenseman on a great contract, and Ryan is 24 and has been over 30 goals every season in the league. He scored 35 goals as a 22 year old, there are only a handful of guys in the league who have done that. As to why they are trading him, I already said why, they are dumb. What kind of idiot GM trades a 24 year old who is already an established and consistent 35 goal scorer. Now the talk is they might move Getzlaf, again, what idiot would trade a player like that?

Hodgson is a good young player but he isn't even close to Ryan in terms of value and Schneider is going to force our hands at some point.

The line up I posted, is bigger, tougher, more balanced, and more skilled then what we currently have.

A second line of Kesler, Ryan and Booth, is better then all but a handful of first lines, and I like Sibsa better then Ballard on the 3rd pairing.

Anyway the proposal was mostly just for fun, it has pretty much zero chance of happening anyway.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Potatoe1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:
Ryan, Sibsia, Ellis for Ballard, Hodgson, Schneider

Yuck, The Ducks win this by a country mile. Hodgson is just warming up and Schneider is a Franchise Elite Goaltender in the making. Don't think cement shoes Ryan fits the Canuck system here. Plus, you have to ask yourself, "Why is Anaheim wanting to get rid of him if he is soooooo good?
Sibsa is a quality young defenseman on a great contract, and Ryan is 24 and has been over 30 goals every season in the league. He scored 35 goals as a 22 year old, there are only a handful of guys in the league who have done that. As to why they are trading him, I already said why, they are dumb. What kind of idiot GM trades a 24 year old who is already an established and consistent 35 goal scorer. Now the talk is they might move Getzlaf, again, what idiot would trade a player like that?

Hodgson is a good young player but he isn't even close to Ryan in terms of value and Schneider is going to force our hands at some point.

The line up I posted, is bigger, tougher, more balanced, and more skilled then what we currently have.

A second line of Kesler, Ryan and Booth, is better then all but a handful of first lines, and I like Sibsa better then Ballard on the 3rd pairing.

Anyway the proposal was mostly just for fun, it has pretty much zero chance of happening anyway.
You must have fallen and banged your Potatoe cause its a terrible trade on every level.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dhabums wrote: There's a fight?
Always, dhadumbass
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Hockey Widow wrote:............... The team needs a major rebuild but you do it with a new GM and coaching staff. Calgary made the mistake of holding onto Sutter too long and it will cost them for a few years yet. If they had dumped Sutter two years earlier and started t re-tool they would not be in this mess. Anaheim will make the same mistake if they allow current management to do the re-tooling or rebuilding.

The Flyers did it when they let Clark go before he could ruin the team. Heck the Canucks did it in letting the last bastion of the Burke era go in Nonis and brought in MG. The Ducks need a complete new direction and the only way they get that is by changing the management of letting the new GM assess what he has and move on from there.
good points HW,the Ducks definately need a rebuild and too many teams try to tweak a few things(new coach a couple of trades) and continue to struggle,whats going on in Montreal and the Nonis era both come to mind.
When ownership see's a rebuild coming they should go and find a new GM FIRST.

I wouldn't give up Hodgson or Schneider, but a 24 yr. old Ryan is pretty tempting
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

dangler wrote: good points HW,the Ducks definately need a rebuild and too many teams try to tweak a few things(new coach a couple of trades) and continue to struggle,whats going on in Montreal and the Nonis era both come to mind.
When ownership see's a rebuild coming they should go and find a new GM FIRST.

I dont think the Ducks need a rebuild at all.

Ryan, Perry, Getzlaf, Vishnovski, and Fowler, are all top5 talent and only one of them is over 26.

It would take you 5 years in the lottery to replace that group and that's only if you hit on every pick.

They also have a quality goalie (who has stunk but it's too early to write him off) and a half dozen other good players.

The Ducks don't need to rebuild they need to figure out what the hell is wrong with their team and fix it.

This is the same group that finished with close to 100 points last year, they have some problems but there is no way they should start over.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

5 players do not make a team.

Your reasoning is exactly why so many teams wallow around not being able to get it together.Ownership thinks we've got a pretty good group of 6-10 players and our gm has the experience,maybe we just need a trade and a new head coach......................wrong.We seen first hand the difference a gm with the right attitude can bring,Nonis was giving us the "we don't have the neccesary piece's" song & dance,Gillis comes in with no experience as a gm,but with the "we're committed to winning"mantra.Look where the Canucks are now.
The Ducks do have some great players and when I say rebuild I mean GM,coach,bottom6,most of the D,at least 1 of the goalies and Selanne will probably be retiring as well.The time is right for a good shake-up while they still have the players you've mentioned.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

dangler wrote:5 players do not make a team.
Youre right the Oilers should move RHN, Eberle, Whitney, and Hall. They suck and should start over.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

actually the Oilers are a great example of turning things around with a new direction from the top,Tambellini. And they are well on their way to becoming a great team.
The difference in the way the two teams play the game right now is another tell tale sign.The Oilers compete and Anaheim looks disinterested.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Potatoe1 wrote:
dangler wrote:5 players do not make a team.
Youre right the Oilers should move RHN, Eberle, Whitney, and Hall. They suck and should start over.

And the Nucks Henrik, Daniel, Ryan, Roberto and Alexander. (write in addition, Kevin and Alex)

I can understand your sarcastic approach, but whats with only mentioning four Coilers players? :sly:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: The Flyers did it when they let Clark go before he could ruin the team.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: The Flyers did it when they let Clark go before he could ruin the team.

I was waiting for you to pop up at that one! Hey I loved Clark when he played for Team Canada but hated him as a Flyer. Of course back then I was a faithful leaves fan and the Broad Street Bullies regularly beat up my leaves. I remember them going ape shit over Salming several times. The poor Swede didn't know what to do but turtle.
The only HW the Canucks need