Dec 29 - Canucks @ Disneyland - 7PM - SNET PAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Dec 29 - Canucks @ Disneyland - 7PM - SNET PAC

Post by dhabums »

CANUCKS (23-12-2) at DUCKS (10-19-6)

TV: SNET-P (HD), KDOC (HD)

Last 10: Vancouver 7-2-1; Anaheim 3-6-1.

Season Series: This is the second of four meetings between the teams. Anaheim earned a 4-3 win against Vancouver on Nov. 11 at the Honda Center.

Big Story: If the Ducks have any hopes of getting back into the postseason race, it will have to begin Thursday night, when they'll open a six-game homestand against the Canucks. Anaheim coach Bruce Boudreau is hoping his club can string some wins together, which will require a more balanced scoring attack.

Anaheim enters Thursday's action 15 points out of a playoff spot in the Western Conference.

"It's the only way you can win," Boudreau told the team's web site. "If you look at every good team, they get contributions throughout their lineup. Look at the Stanley Cup champions (Boston), they rolled four lines. If you can get four lines contributing, it makes you a very difficult team to play against.

"That has always been the goal of a team I coached is to be a four-line team, rather than rely on two-three players."

Team Scope:

Canucks: Vancouver continued its winning ways Wednesday night, as Andrew Ebbett redirected Kevin Bieksa's shot past Antti Niemi at 3:23 of overtime to lift the Canucks to a 3-2 win against the San Jose Sharks at HP Pavilion. Vancouver, which is now back atop the Northwest Division standings, has won five of its last six games. The Canucks also improved to 9-2-1 over their last 12 road matches.

Ebbett, meanwhile, has 3 goals in his last two games.

"I really liked the way we played in the first two periods, even though they came back and tied it up," Vancouver coach Alain Vigneault said. "In the third period, we were tested and pushed by different calls on the ice, but we still managed to keep our composure, get the job done shorthanded, and we were rewarded in overtime with a real nice goal."

Ducks: Anaheim returned from the holiday break Monday night in impressive fashion, as it also earned a 3-2 victory at San Jose. Andrew Cogliano scored the tiebreaking goal midway through the second period and Jonas Hiller made 36 saves in helping the Ducks end a 13-game winless skid on the road.

"To only have two road wins and the last one coming on Oct. 27 was a little embarrassing," said Cogliano, who ended a 10-game scoring drought. "That's not the ideal situation. The difference was having all four lines contribute. When that happens, good things follow."

Who's Hot: Daniel Sedin has 3 goals and 4 assists in his last six games for the Canucks, while Henrik Sedin has points in 11 of 13. Roberto Luongo, who made 33 saves Wednesday night, is 9-1-1 in his last 11 appearances. … Ducks forward Matt Beleskey has points in two of his last three games.

Injury Report: Vancouver is expected to be without Chris Higgins (hand), Aaron Rome (thumb), David Booth (knee), Aaron Volpatti (shoulder) and Byron Bitz (hip). … Jason Blake (forearm) is out for the Ducks, while Saku Koivu (groin) could return to the lineup after missing seven consecutive games. Right wing Devante Smith-Pelly suffered a broken bone in his left foot Monday night while playing for Canada against Finland at the World Junior Championship and is expected to miss 4-to-6 weeks.

Stat Pack: Ducks defenseman Luca Sbisa scored his first goal Monday night since Jan. 16 against Edmonton and just his third career goal in 150 games.

Puck Drop: "We all have dreams, right? You go out every game and you hope that you can win every game. That's it. I go through the schedule and say, 'OK, we need a good 10-game win streak or a 13-game winning streak.' It's easier said than done. Everything is possible." -- Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Re: Dec 29 - Canucks @ Disneyland - 7PM - SNET PAC

Post by dangler »

any chance Scneids gets the start???

nice intro for the gdt dhabums :rockin:
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

dangler wrote:any chance Scneids gets the start???

nice intro for the gdt dhabums :rockin:
He is starting.

Copy and paste was my specialty in computer learning school.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

somebody learned ya good
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

Cody!

Can Ebbett (sp?) maintain?
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Quite a goal by the bust.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

gonna be 18-5-1 in our last 24. DAMN!

http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule/_/ ... er-canucks

Me likey.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

Bieksa doing his best to fuck up the shut out.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Edler with an incredible goal line stand.

Bieksa scooping the puck off the goal line.

Bieksa throwing up the middle and Ryan blasts it off the pipe and Ginger barely saves the puck on the goal line.

Talk about some incredibly close calls.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Alberts just doesn't fit on this Canuck team.

He's constantly fucking up.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Just noticed we could tie for first in the West tonight with the Hawks playing the Wings tomorrow.

That would be a great end to the year in first place!
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Dale Weise pulling some prime AHL moves on Ryan Getzlaf.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

Fucking Lapierre, the guy NEVER passes on a 2 on 1.

Good effort tonight.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Corb wrote:Fucking Lapierre, the guy NEVER passes on a 2 on 1.

Good effort tonight.
He did last night and whoever it was (Manc or Weise?} blew it. I'd rather him just shoot if not passing and hope for a rebound rather than the 4th line drag move.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

CFP! wrote:Just noticed we could tie for first in the West tonight with the Hawks playing the Wings tomorrow.

That would be a great end to the year in first place!

Actually, points wise, we are tied for first in the NHL, not just the West. But Chicago has one game in hand, same number of points, and Boston 4 games in hand only 2 points behind us. NYR and the Flyers are not far behind both with games in hand as well. And we still have one game to play this year.

But it is a surprising result to me as the way we started the year I didn't think we would be fighting for first in the West, let alone the NHL, this early. I thought we might make it close near the end of the season but to be where we are is a great result, as you say.

The important part to me is to win the Division as that guarantees home ice round one. Everything after that is gravy. I enjoyed the run last year and winning the President's trophy and it would be nice again but the one I want, is, well, you know.
The only HW the Canucks need