Dec 28 - Canucks at Sharks - 7:30 PM - TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Re: Dec 28 - Canucks at Sharks - 7:30 PM - TSN

Post by Fred »

dhabums wrote:
dhabums wrote: Bieksa with the winner tonight.
f*** you Ebbett!!
The goalie had the bottom of the net covered like most butterfly goalies Ebbetts tip was great. I don't know who let Ebbett go but bad mistake :D

Talking about emotion it would be nice if AV showed a little on the bench. That sh!t Thorton and Marchand pulled is because no one is going to embarrass the officials when it happens
cheers
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

CFP! wrote:
Mëds wrote: At the very least I want him to piss off a guy like Ben Eager who will see that he gets his ass handed to him.
Are you catching up on rosters too?

Eager is playing in Edmundump!
Your kidding.....I thought we drafted him 1st overall last year and had him playing with the Wolves!

My point was just that he's quick to be all tough and shit around guys like the Sedins, but he's a pussy when it's someone who might make him pay for it. He's also a notorious diver. I'd like him to act like a bitch when he's playing a team with a guy like Eager who will take exception to his actions and go after him. I wouldn't shed a tear if someone did a Samuelsson/Neely job on him. May his team choke in perpetuity.

BTW, CFP, what did you mean by.....
Higgins/Booth WTF?
?
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

That was one of the better regular season games I have seen this year. I put it right up there with the last Detroit game. Luongo was very solid again. I am loving Ebbet more and more every game. The thought of this team with a full & healthy lineup is awfully scary. Salo is a machine when healthy. The TSN panel was boring last night.

Thornton - The finger in the face of Sedin during the conversation with the official was very unsettling to me. It really bothered me a lot to see a blatant disrespect towards our captain. I didn't expect a penalty or anything, but the mere fact that Thornton would do that knowingly and repeatedly kind of makes me feel bad for Henrik Its an obvious lack of respect and should not be toleated. Name one other captain in the league that he would pull that shit with.

I won't get into the whole lack of respect for the twins rant again but somethings got to give. They are veterans in the league and do not deserve this kind of treatment. Kesler and Burrows, yes. Daniel and Henrik, no.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Mëds wrote:
CFP! wrote:
Mëds wrote: At the very least I want him to piss off a guy like Ben Eager who will see that he gets his ass handed to him.
Are you catching up on rosters too?

Eager is playing in Edmundump!
Your kidding.....I thought we drafted him 1st overall last year and had him playing with the Wolves!

My point was just that he's quick to be all tough and shit around guys like the Sedins, but he's a pussy when it's someone who might make him pay for it. He's also a notorious diver. I'd like him to act like a bitch when he's playing a team with a guy like Eager who will take exception to his actions and go after him. I wouldn't shed a tear if someone did a Samuelsson/Neely job on him. May his team choke in perpetuity.

BTW, CFP, what did you mean by.....
Higgins/Booth WTF?
?
Hell no, if Thornton is ever removed from the Sharks, they might actually win something... I rather them having a captain that constantly take stupid penalties at the wrong times...
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Imo the real bullshit was that it all happens in front of the ref. There are just two ways to handle it, either the ref is giving Joe just a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct or Henrik throwing an unexpected fist right into Thornton's face and getting a 10 game suspension for the sucker punch.

Afterall justice has won.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Cookie La Rue wrote:Imo the real bullshit was that it all happens in front of the ref. There are just two ways to handle it, either the ref is giving Joe just a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct or Henrik throwing an unexpected fist right into Thornton's face and getting a 10 game suspension for the sucker punch.

Afterall justice has won.
I think its already been pointed out but the Sedins should be getting a lot more respect from the officials. The Sedins are class all the way, they are the kind of role models one would hope all athletes should be. Thornton needed 2 minutes to think about that, and the League needs to wake up and start protecting the good ones instead of continually giving guys like that dirt-bag Lucic the benefit of the doubt ...
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Thornton has reached his pinnacle of success, he's become another Sean Avery. Was his disrespect for Henrik or for the official. I can't think of any other Captain in the league he would pull this crap on, he's playing to the peanut gallery. He deserves contempt. But here we get the Eastern Media, they're going to play it like it's a joke.

The Sharks are here on Monday i believe i hope we give them a a real Vcr welcome :D
Last edited by Fred on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheers
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Anybody notice how much of a plug Burns was that game? Not only was he on the ice for three of the goals, I believe he was the SJ Dman closest to the play on them. He was the one that didn't have Kesler checked on his goal, and he left Ebbet all by his lonesome on the OT goal.

Add that to the numerous gaffes he had at the blueline and I couldn't be happier that SJ traded away Setoguchi and Heatley for him. If we face SJ in the playoffs and he's in the line-up, I already feel better about Vancouver's chances.

As for Thornton, that was absolutely classless what he was doing on the ice. I appreciate Hank taking the high road, but he should have just stuck his finger in 'Jumbo Joe's' mouth in return and dare the retard to bite. Thing is, if Hank complains or pulled the same stunt, you know the ref would have called him for unsportsmanlike conduct and he'd be villified in the media. No respect for the two latest Ross winners...

I'd like to throw this gauntlet down with the Van media: I dare them to start villifying pukes like him and some of the other 'classy' guys and stars that are the darlings of the T.O. media establishment for the crap they pull that gets glossed over, or is 'just a joke'. God knows the eastern media do it to any number of the Canucks on any given day.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I read a great line on another website, "the Canucks are living rent-free inside Thornton's head". Couldn't have said it better. What that incident only shows is that Joe Thornton unravels when the going gets tough. Which is why he will go down as the one of the greatest overpaid Non-Big-Game players in the game, hence No-Show Joe. The greatest players and captains got it done where it counted most, on the scoreboard. We all witnessed his feeble attempt at trying to take Getzlaff off his game that one playoff against the Ducks by challenging him to a fight at opening face-off. The guy simply can't win on the scoreboard so all he really is doing is displaying for the hockey world to see his own frustration at choking on a consistent basis, meanwhile the Sedins just go about their business with class and sportsmanship by saving their antics for the scoreboard where the game of hockey is really played and won.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

It was out of character for Joe, no doubt. I'm not up in arms about the whole 'disrespect the Sedins' thing because of the way they handle themselves when such bull shit takes place... They take the high road. As for Joe, Kesler and the Sedins are completely in his head and he's going off the board to try and gain some kind of advantage. If I saw my teams captain pull shit like that I'd just drop my head in humiliation.

The result? Utter and complete failure by Joe, his antics and the whole San Jose club for not completing the comeback in regulation and losing once again in OT.

I liked how Henrik and the linesman were laughing it up just a few minutes later.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

That was not out of character for Joe. He has done it before to one of the Sedins when his helmet was on the ice Joe was pushing it away with his stick while the Sedin was trying to pick it up.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

I dont even know what Thorton was doing, other then making himself look foolish...

With all the crap the Twins have had to put up with over the past 10 years does he really think that putting his finger in Hanks face is going to throw him off his game?

What a loser.

I always liked Thorton, but he really did make his critics look right on that play. He's supposed to be the Sharks offensive catalyst, yet he's wasting time trying to agitate Henrik in a tie hockey game? Don't the Sharks have someone in their bottom6 who can do that so Joe can, you know, try and win the dam game?

It was out of character for Joe, no doubt. I'm not up in arms about the whole 'disrespect the Sedins' thing because of the way they handle themselves when such bull shit takes place...
My issue in terms of "respect" pertains to the calls made for and against them. The Sedins get mugged on a nightly basis but as soon as one of them put their stick on another play they are in the box. I don't think any other star player in the league gets such poor treatment from the officials and I really don't get it.

For what ever reason they just don't seem to be respected.
old calamari
CC Veteran

Post by old calamari »

the slash that burrows gave thornton last night was a payback for the slash in the previous game that almost broke burrs finger. burrows was laughing on the bench when ole joe was in the box. so called superstar to clown in 60 seconds haha what a fuckin chump.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Lancer wrote:Anybody notice how much of a plug Burns was that game? Not only was he on the ice for three of the goals, I believe he was the SJ Dman closest to the play on them. He was the one that didn't have Kesler checked on his goal, and he left Ebbet all by his lonesome on the OT goal.
It wasn't that long ago he was being touted as a potential Olympian. Perhaps he is one of those guys that really needed the Lemaire system to look good.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I've never liked Thornton. I do think he has incredible talent and can dominate a game when he wants to play 60 minutes. But he is one of the dirtiest players I have seen. He hooks, slashes, whacks with the best of them. He is also a baby. He can give Burrows and Kesler a run for their money in the diving department.

He is a cheap player and has never shown respect for anyone on the ice. He strikes me as the type of player that dominated most of his life before pro and never adjusted after that. I thought what he did to Hank was funny TBH. I mean if he really thought that would throw Hank off his game then he seriously misunderstands the twins. But if Kesler did that or Burrows and lappy, then the hockey world would be up in arms. Seriously he should have been given a 10 minute misconduct on the play but I really was OK with nothing being called. He is childish and gets easily thrown from his game so he tries to throw others but it will never work with one of the twins.

I really don't like him as a player, but would I want him on my team? Yes, but not at his price tag, and not as my captain, and not at the risk of losing Sedin or Kesler, so to me he would be on my third line, not top 6. But he is a top 6, I'm just saying I would not trade him straight up for either Kesler or Hank.
The only HW the Canucks need