GDT: Dec 26 - Canucks host Oilers - 7pm - SPAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Dec 26 - Canucks host Oilers - 7pm - SPAC

Post by Per »

LotusBlossom wrote:Oilers have no back end, but those kids of theirs are exciting to watch...
Kind of like the WJC? Look at those scores! 8-1, 9-4, 11-3! Sheesh!

Every one is thinking offense, no one is thinking defense.
But sure, it does make for very entertaining hockey. 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

LotusBlossom wrote:

Oilers have no back end, but those kids of theirs are exciting to watch...
Definitely impressed with the on ice vision, smarts, anticipation and skill set of Hopkins and Eberle but Taylor Hall may need to alter his game, cause he ain't gonna blow around or through guys in the NHL like he did in Junior against boys. He reminds me of Lindros in that he is gonna get rocked and injured on a regular basis cause he tends to put his head down and skate with reckless abandon and no game plan with the puck.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

RoyalDude wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:

Oilers have no back end, but those kids of theirs are exciting to watch...
Definitely impressed with the on ice vision, smarts, anticipation and skill set of Hopkins and Eberle but Taylor Hall may need to alter his game, cause he ain't gonna blow around or through guys in the NHL like he did in Junior against boys. He reminds me of Lindros in that he is gonna get rocked and injured on a regular basis cause he tends to put his head down and skate with reckless abandon and no game plan with the puck.
I was just thinking Hall looked rather insignificant last night. Eberle is well developed player for the Oilers so far and still going to get better, barring injury. RNH is by all definition, a blue chipper. Wow at the skill set this kid has.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde