"Canucks Corner Classic" forum for Oldschool Posters

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: "Canucks Corner Classic" forum for Oldschool Posters

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Sure you could call it the "whites only" forum
Well what do ya think Farhan?? :drink:

:D
____
Try to focus on someday.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

This is an awesome idea.

wait....

*cricket*

Do you need anyone else to post here?

No?

*tumbleweed*

You sure?

Awesomeness Farghan.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Strangelove wrote:

Even an all-white forum needs a token brown guy in there, haha.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Even an all-white forum needs a token brown guy in there, haha.
I think you are missing the point, when I said the above I was referencing the segregation policies in the american south, pre civil rights era where most public facilities were divided into white and colored use.

People would say the same things you are saying, there is nothing wrong with colored people (centralites) I love colored people, some of my best friends are colored
I just want a place where good white people can get together, ride a bus, swim in a swimming pool. send their children to school etc etc. It sounded reasonable but it was evil shit.

Segregating this board is exactly the same thing, the implication is obvious enough I am shocked that you cant see the similarities, farhan "the token brown guy..."

you say you don't have a us / them mentality. I am sorry but you do have one, its just not as negative as some. By calling for a classic corner thread you are declaring that there is a fundamental difference between the two groups when there should be none. Common sense should dictate that no group online has the market on stupidity or brilliance.

on that other thread "where are the old posters?" (another slap in the face thread) there is actually an argument going on that the quality of posts is different than before the Great Migration (another hate mongering term.) How laughable, if it were not arrogant in the extreme to think that original corner posters are somehow smarter, gifted or better posters than post migration posters. Does it really need to be said that everyone here is just basically a Canucks fan and not much more than that? No one to my knowledge is getting there posts into the New England Journal Of Medicine.
ultimately the idea that there should be a place for old time corner posters is so close to outright racism as to be repugnant and ought to quashed by the mods and Brian if they believe the things they have been saying...
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Man, I hope that's not a reference to me in that other thread. I said over and over either posting style is legit,valid, whatever, only that there seem to be two styles, slower/faster. Just a way of looking at the conflict is all, trying to get people to understand each other... Why can't we all just get along? :roll:
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

ukcanuck wrote: I think you are missing the point, when I said the above I was referencing the segregation policies in the american south, pre civil rights era where most public facilities were divided into white and colored use.

People would say the same things you are saying, there is nothing wrong with colored people (centralites) I love colored people, some of my best friends are colored
I just want a place where good white people can get together, ride a bus, swim in a swimming pool. send their children to school etc etc. It sounded reasonable but it was evil shit.

Segregating this board is exactly the same thing, the implication is obvious enough I am shocked that you cant see the similarities, farhan "the token brown guy..."

you say you don't have a us / them mentality. I am sorry but you do have one, its just not as negative as some. By calling for a classic corner thread you are declaring that there is a fundamental difference between the two groups when there should be none. Common sense should dictate that no group online has the market on stupidity or brilliance.

on that other thread "where are the old posters?" (another slap in the face thread) there is actually an argument going on that the quality of posts is different than before the Great Migration (another hate mongering term.) How laughable, if it were not arrogant in the extreme to think that original corner posters are somehow smarter, gifted or better posters than post migration posters. Does it really need to be said that everyone here is just basically a Canucks fan and not much more than that? No one to my knowledge is getting there posts into the New England Journal Of Medicine.
ultimately the idea that there should be a place for old time corner posters is so close to outright racism as to be repugnant and ought to quashed by the mods and Brian if they believe the things they have been saying...
Lolllllll....

Chill out bro.

I admit that my post may have been idiotic and I apologize. No need to go all Martin Luther King on me, haha.

I greatly look forward to re-acquainting myself with the Centralites and anyone on here for that matter.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Badfish wrote:Man, I hope that's not a reference to me in that other thread. I said over and over either posting style is legit,valid, whatever, only that there seem to be two styles, slower/faster. Just a way of looking at the conflict is all, trying to get people to understand each other... Why can't we all just get along? :roll:
I wasnt intending to takes sides in that debate, or condemn what anyone said there, I am just pointing out that whatever the style of ones post, it ought to be welcome as long as its by a member in good standing. long,short, well written or struggling with the basics of the English Language.
your opinion that you laid out is reasonable enough as a reason why some people are posting less than before and I will consider it in the future as I try to contribute as best I can. :)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ODB wrote:Not that anyone cares but the world of message boards changed for me when creeper died. Rummy's a funny guy but it's not the same.... hasn't been the same since. He was a funny mother fucker. The best forum poster I knew in nearly 20 years of playing on-line. I'd come back every day to see what shenanigans creeper was up to. I was rarely let down. With nobody able to step into creepers shoes, in terms of quality humorous content, it’s got pretty stale and boring.

Hence, I hardly post anymore. :hmmm:
C'mon Ohdee you know as well as I do that El Creepo would call you a Molly for that post! :roll:

Suck it up buttercup, life goes on....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Farhan Lalji wrote:"Canucks Corner Classic" forum for Oldschool Posters

Could something like this work?
It worked for Coca Cola.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Is there a reason that this thread should continue?

I'm going to head downstairs and lock it up shortly...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cornuck wrote:Is there a reason that this thread should continue?

I'm going to head downstairs and lock it up shortly...
Nooooooooo, it stands as a monument to stupidity 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

It's December and holidays time, people get busy.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

:shock:

locked. :?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.