GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Postby BingoTough » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:02 am

Image

A special pre-Christmas GTD from London, England.

A win tonight will put us ahead of the Wild. No idea what the lineup is, everybody on the Canucks is probably still in bed.

Preview on CDC.
I wonder if they'll disallow the whole game because of the distinct ass-kicking motion the Canucks used on the Kings? - Brian CC

Congratulations on the new job dave, try not to fuck it up this time eh? - UKCanuck
User avatar
BingoTough
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:16 am

Re: GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Postby Larry Goodenough » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:41 am

Ok - here goes, but it's my first attempt at writing in Calpuck font.

If you guys were drafted in the first round by the Calgary Flames and they offered you a million dollar contract, but they told you you could no longer play the game like they do in Vancouver, (biting, hair pulling, whining, diving) but instead you had to play the Calgary way, (with honour and respect) would you sign the contract? I know I wouldn't. After all, Vancouver has shown hair pulling and diving is the key to winning, and honour is for losers. How could you agree to play in a fashion where honour and respect is more important than winning?

PS - Did you see the Justin Bieber Xmas special on Much last night. It was awesome.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:43 am

Re: GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Postby rats19 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:26 am

I think you cheated larry....you practiced!!!

Should win tonight, 5-2 fashion Lu in goal, passing the slumping wild.

Ps: I won't emulate a culture driven by hate. No offence larry I realize you are just having fun.
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4571
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Postby Benjo » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:29 am

Larry Goodenough wrote:Ok - here goes, but it's my first attempt at writing in Calpuck font.



I hope the Canucks beat them so bad their moms will want to abort them all.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Postby Larry Goodenough » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:19 am

rats19 wrote:I think you cheated larry....you practiced!!!

Should win tonight, 5-2 fashion Lu in goal, passing the slumping wild.

Ps: I won't emulate a culture driven by hate. No offence larry I realize you are just having fun.


None taken rats!

What high school do you go to?
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:43 am

Re: GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Postby Cornuck » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:04 pm

Not too excited about this game, but I'll predict a win.

FWIW, here's the CalPuck GDT: LINK (Not a lot of confidence there)
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4798
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Postby Larry Goodenough » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:41 pm

I think Vancouver will win tonight because of their passionate fans.

Flames fans don't riot after Cup final losses, so it shows Vancouver fans care more.

Plus, Luongo is allowed by the league to wear bigger pads than "Kipper".
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:43 am

Re: GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Postby CorranHorn » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:43 pm

After winning at home last night, in a game they barely hung onto, I think that the flames are going to come out slow and not going to able to keep up with the speed from the high flying nucks.

with a win tonight the canucks can move into tops of the NW division and be second in the conference.

Get;'er done boys.!!!
User avatar
CorranHorn
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Postby BCExpat » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:04 pm

CorranHorn wrote:After winning at home last night, in a game they barely hung onto, I think that the flames are going to come out slow and not going to able to keep up with the speed from the high flying nucks.

with a win tonight the canucks can move into tops of the NW division and be second in the conference.

Get;'er done boys.!!!


In all fairness, the Wings got a fluke goal to make it close. The score flattered the Wings. BTW - the Flames aren't that slow anymore, so if they lose, it won't be because they can't keep up the the Canucks - it'll be their talent deficit.

A win against the Canucks would be a great way to go into the Christmas break, but the odds are stacked up against the Flames, so I'm not expecting too much tonight. Also, it looks like Irving will be in goal - he played well in his first game in the NHL. If he beats the Canucks tonight, he'll be a folk hero to the Flames fans :roll:
Feaster Famine
User avatar
BCExpat
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Re: GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Postby dhabums » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:07 pm

This thread is way better with an English accent.

--
User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Postby Meds » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Nice of Detroit to wear out the Flames and then send them into Vancouver to play the cheapest, whiniest team in the league. The NHL seriously needs to figure out a way to keep the schedule more fair for all teams instead of handing the Canucks a gravy calender just because they bitched the loudest about being so far in the NW and having the most travel. The hockey gods will give this win to Vancouver just so they don't have to listen to all those retards on canuckscorner whine. There is no justice in this, just the terribly unfair hand of fate.

:scowl:

How was my calpuck style?
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3152
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Postby clem » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:13 pm

BCExpat wrote: BTW - the Flames aren't that slow anymore, so if they lose, it won't be because they can't keep up the the Canucks - it'll be their talent deficit.

With Cory Sarich back in the lineup ? :look:
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Postby Larry Goodenough » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:41 pm

Meds wrote:Nice of Detroit to wear out the Flames and then send them into Vancouver to play the cheapest, whiniest team in the league. The NHL seriously needs to figure out a way to keep the schedule more fair for all teams instead of handing the Canucks a gravy calender just because they bitched the loudest about being so far in the NW and having the most travel. The hockey gods will give this win to Vancouver just so they don't have to listen to all those retards on canuckscorner whine. There is no justice in this, just the terribly unfair hand of fate.

:scowl:

How was my calpuck style?



Finally, a reasonable fan. You know the league handed Vancouver the cream puff schedule so as to avoid future riots. All Vancouver fans, every single one of them, are making Baby Jesus cry.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:43 am

Re: GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Postby Robert » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:53 pm

I think the Canucks will win this one, but only because life is not fair. We all know the flames deserve to win, and we all know they have the better city.. but due to life's unfairness Canucks win. It might even be a shutout.. dang.
User avatar
Robert
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:02 am
Location: Burnaby

Re: GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Postby rats19 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:06 pm

Larry Goodenough wrote:
rats19 wrote:I think you cheated larry....you practiced!!!

Should win tonight, 5-2 fashion Lu in goal, passing the slumping wild.

Ps: I won't emulate a culture driven by hate. No offence larry I realize you are just having fun.


None taken rats!

What high school do you go to?

Hard knocks high....lofl
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4571
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Next

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest