GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Post by BingoTough »

A special pre-Christmas GTD from London, England.

A win tonight will put us ahead of the Wild. No idea what the lineup is, everybody on the Canucks is probably still in bed.

Preview on CDC.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Dec 23: Canucks host Calgary - 7pm - SNET-P(HD)

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Ok - here goes, but it's my first attempt at writing in Calpuck font.

If you guys were drafted in the first round by the Calgary Flames and they offered you a million dollar contract, but they told you you could no longer play the game like they do in Vancouver, (biting, hair pulling, whining, diving) but instead you had to play the Calgary way, (with honour and respect) would you sign the contract? I know I wouldn't. After all, Vancouver has shown hair pulling and diving is the key to winning, and honour is for losers. How could you agree to play in a fashion where honour and respect is more important than winning?

PS - Did you see the Justin Bieber Xmas special on Much last night. It was awesome.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I think you cheated larry....you practiced!!!

Should win tonight, 5-2 fashion Lu in goal, passing the slumping wild.

Ps: I won't emulate a culture driven by hate. No offence larry I realize you are just having fun.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Larry Goodenough wrote:Ok - here goes, but it's my first attempt at writing in Calpuck font.
I hope the Canucks beat them so bad their moms will want to abort them all.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

rats19 wrote:I think you cheated larry....you practiced!!!

Ps: I won't emulate a culture driven by hate. No offence larry I realize you are just having fun.

None taken rats!

What high school do you go to?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Not too excited about this game, but I'll predict a win.

FWIW, here's the CalPuck GDT: LINK (Not a lot of confidence there)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

I think Vancouver will win tonight because of their passionate fans.

Flames fans don't riot after Cup final losses, so it shows Vancouver fans care more.

Plus, Luongo is allowed by the league to wear bigger pads than "Kipper".
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

After winning at home last night, in a game they barely hung onto, I think that the flames are going to come out slow and not going to able to keep up with the speed from the high flying nucks.

with a win tonight the canucks can move into tops of the NW division and be second in the conference.

Get;'er done boys.!!!
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

CorranHorn wrote:After winning at home last night, in a game they barely hung onto, I think that the flames are going to come out slow and not going to able to keep up with the speed from the high flying nucks.

with a win tonight the canucks can move into tops of the NW division and be second in the conference.

Get;'er done boys.!!!
In all fairness, the Wings got a fluke goal to make it close. The score flattered the Wings. BTW - the Flames aren't that slow anymore, so if they lose, it won't be because they can't keep up the the Canucks - it'll be their talent deficit.

A win against the Canucks would be a great way to go into the Christmas break, but the odds are stacked up against the Flames, so I'm not expecting too much tonight. Also, it looks like Irving will be in goal - he played well in his first game in the NHL. If he beats the Canucks tonight, he'll be a folk hero to the Flames fans :roll:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

This thread is way better with an English accent.

--
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Nice of Detroit to wear out the Flames and then send them into Vancouver to play the cheapest, whiniest team in the league. The NHL seriously needs to figure out a way to keep the schedule more fair for all teams instead of handing the Canucks a gravy calender just because they bitched the loudest about being so far in the NW and having the most travel. The hockey gods will give this win to Vancouver just so they don't have to listen to all those retards on canuckscorner whine. There is no justice in this, just the terribly unfair hand of fate.

:scowl:

How was my calpuck style?
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

BCExpat wrote: BTW - the Flames aren't that slow anymore, so if they lose, it won't be because they can't keep up the the Canucks - it'll be their talent deficit.
With Cory Sarich back in the lineup ? :look:
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Mëds wrote:Nice of Detroit to wear out the Flames and then send them into Vancouver to play the cheapest, whiniest team in the league. The NHL seriously needs to figure out a way to keep the schedule more fair for all teams instead of handing the Canucks a gravy calender just because they bitched the loudest about being so far in the NW and having the most travel. The hockey gods will give this win to Vancouver just so they don't have to listen to all those retards on canuckscorner whine. There is no justice in this, just the terribly unfair hand of fate.

:scowl:

How was my calpuck style?

Finally, a reasonable fan. You know the league handed Vancouver the cream puff schedule so as to avoid future riots. All Vancouver fans, every single one of them, are making Baby Jesus cry.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I think the Canucks will win this one, but only because life is not fair. We all know the flames deserve to win, and we all know they have the better city.. but due to life's unfairness Canucks win. It might even be a shutout.. dang.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Larry Goodenough wrote:
rats19 wrote:I think you cheated larry....you practiced!!!

None taken rats!

What high school do you go to?
Hard knocks high....lofl
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….