Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby dhabums » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:26 pm

dbr wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
dhabums wrote:For future reference, it is milquetoast. Although I'd love to know what you were thinking when you typed "milk toast".


Don't tell me how to spell my words dhassbandit.


You tell him. Guy is such a pre-Madonna. :roll:


Like a virgin, touched for the 31st time...
User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Mondi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:58 pm

Jeff Paterson has the most obnoxious radio voice I have ever heard.
User avatar
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Mondi wrote:Jeff Paterson has the most obnoxious radio voice I have ever heard.


I'm not sure who I'd like to punch out more Jeff Paterson or Don Taylor .

As an asside what is up with Neil Macrae ? Did he have a stroke or something ? Maybe Parkinsons...... Huntingtons disease ? His speech sounds a little slurred..... yeah I know he's a wrinser but he sounds a lot different these days and he did take a lot of time off in the last couple of years.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3035
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Mondi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:23 pm

Blake Price had two talking points today and he really stuck to them...

1. Is Minnesota for real?
2. Is Minnesota a rival?

And his (learned) opinions.

1. No, despite what guys who know something about hockey say (i.e. Pierre McGuire).
2. Minnesota considers Vancouver a bigger rival than Vancouver considers Minnesota.

What insight.
User avatar
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:09 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mondi wrote:Jeff Paterson has the most obnoxious radio voice I have ever heard.


I'm not sure who I'd like to punch out more Jeff Paterson or Don Taylor .

As an asside what is up with Neil Macrae ? Did he have a stroke or something ? Maybe Parkinsons...... Huntingtons disease ? His speech sounds a little slurred..... yeah I know he's a wrinser but he sounds a lot different these days and he did take a lot of time off in the last couple of years.


wrinser ???

was ist das?
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Fred » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:28 am

I don't know if any one noticed in the second intermission on SN during the interview with Lawrence Gillamn he summed up the whole media thing ( headed by HNIC ) with this "we understand that there is a predisposition against the Canuck organization"

cool calm and efficient in his choice of words....thank you Mr Gillman
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:12 pm

ukcanuck wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mondi wrote:Jeff Paterson has the most obnoxious radio voice I have ever heard.


I'm not sure who I'd like to punch out more Jeff Paterson or Don Taylor .

As an asside what is up with Neil Macrae ? Did he have a stroke or something ? Maybe Parkinsons...... Huntingtons disease ? His speech sounds a little slurred..... yeah I know he's a wrinser but he sounds a lot different these days and he did take a lot of time off in the last couple of years.


wrinser ???

was ist das?



A boozer..... a pisstank, beer wolf etc.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3035
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Cornuck » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:20 pm

I don't listen to Vancouver radio, and avoid most of the articles, but is the "Vancouver Hockey Media" any worse than the mass media in general? :?
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Strangelove » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Fred wrote:I don't know if any one noticed in the second intermission on SN during the interview with Lawrence Gillamn he summed up the whole media thing ( headed by HNIC ) with this "we understand that there is a predisposition against the Canuck organization"

cool calm and efficient in his choice of words....thank you Mr Gillman


Caught that, yep that Gilman is one cool cucumber. Intelligent & articulate. I love how HNIC's bias toward the Canucks is being exposed to the light of day lately. Had to chuckle when they brought up the Quin-Bure-Cherry incident after all these years. I'll never forget how truly fearful Cherry was when Quinn made it clear he wanted to punch him out. :lol:

In case some of you were wondering... THAT'S why Fred & I were discussing over drinks in this forum a few nights ago about hiring Quinn as Canucks PR/spokesman! :drink:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7169
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Fred » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Strangelove wrote:

In case some of you were wondering... THAT'S why Fred & I were discussing over drinks in this forum a few nights ago about hiring Quinn as Canucks PR/spokesman! :drink:


Exactly the Canucks can stand back or they can make a positive move by appointing Quinn as the team ambassador....he still has the presence to make a point without a lot of other willing to provoke the guy. It's no good blubbering in our dry sherry's the best defense is an offence...go for it Pat :D I think he's represent the team very well
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Madcombinepilot » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:18 pm

I am just sickened by the general lack of respect given to the twins in general by all media. Wher eis the respect for two brothers who just won back to back hart trophies? Even if the Canucks had won game 6 or 7 last year, there would still be a general lack of respect from the media, and why is it suddenly OK for that to happen???? We have had personalities in the past have a hate on for players in the NHL, but there has always been a certain level for respect for the superstars of this league--- except in the case of the twins.

It wasn't too long ago that a coach or GM could be fined for direct comments about specific players. Heck, love him or hate him, Burke ate a fine in the playoffs ther year we played the Red Wings for standing up for his players... Also, there was public apologies from certain announcers who commented on Ray Bourque 'chasing a cup' --- apologies, and then the topics were never brought up again. Here, ther is no apologies, just more comments made from commentators, players, and personel in the league, until the media is self obsessed with 'canuck hatred'

On the topic of 'most hated team' ..... anyone hear the yells of 'LLLUUUU' in toronto (of all places) last weekend? how about count the jerseys of canuck fans sitting in the lower bowls of the rinks on that last 5 game road trip?? how about the cheers when we scored goals? I am starting to get sick of the endless, media fed hatred on the canucks. I know that the cities that have good rivalries with us (Calgary, Chicago, Edmonton, etc) are going to have a good old fashioned hockey hate on for us, and thats cool, but from what I see, the other 2/3rds of the continent loves us, so the EBL media can simply start sucking slough water.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with untill you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1938
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Listercat » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:27 pm

AS MCP says look at the number of Canuck jerseys in the stands at games around the league. The cheers in TO last Saturday were very noticeable.

My thoughts on this are unchanged. You won't convince or intimidate anyone with Quinn or anyone else. The best PR is the team itself and obviously that is working. To hire a PR guy to try to "educate" the ignorant suggests we think there is a problem with our image as a hockey organization. That just gives the clowns more ammunition to support their barrage.

Who amongst the educated hockey people would agree with or support Milbury's "thelma & Louise" rant? Who would give any credence to the Chicago radio station people and Dave Bolland. The only ones who agree with that crap are ones who don't have a brain that functions. Kinda like our friends at Cal Puck.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:12 pm
Location: Not Bountiful

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby dhabums » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:36 pm

Listercat wrote:Who amongst the educated hockey people would agree with or support Milbury's "thelma & Louise" rant?


Excuse my broken record routine, but Thelma and Louise aren't sisters and they most definitely kicked ass in that movie. Not only is Milbury ignorant, he is stupid.

I think we should find a character, real or fictional, noted for beating a young kid. Then start a strong campaign to have Milbury's identity linked to that personal permanantly.

Dan Savage redefined "Santorum". CC.com will redefine Milbury.
Last edited by dhabums on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Strangelove » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:53 pm

Strangelove wrote:Caught that, yep that Gilman is one cool cucumber. Intelligent & articulate. I love how HNIC's bias toward the Canucks is being exposed to the light of day lately. Had to chuckle when they brought up the Quin-Bure-Cherry incident after all these years. I'll never forget how truly fearful Cherry was when Quinn made it clear he wanted to punch him out. :lol:

In case some of you were wondering... THAT'S why Fred & I were discussing over drinks in this forum a few nights ago about hiring Quinn as Canucks PR/spokesman! :drink:




Damn, I couldn't find the clip where Cherry was shitting bricks about Quinn's threat to punch him out!

For wotever reason, CBC has always been prejudiced toward Vancouver-based teams.

Some say there is a huge CBC conspiracy against the Canucks.

Some say there is still a CBC conspiracy to have the Leaves portrayed as 'Canada's Team'.

Some say Leaf-suckage is due to the Hockey Gods conspiring against the Leaves because of the above.

I say we must all work together to spread hatred toward CBC and the Leaves. :drink:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7169
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Cornuck » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:16 am

Gallagher embarrasses Vancouver: LINK
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests