Happy Soltice

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Happy Soltice

Post by Wildfaery »

Hello All wishing you a greeting for the season! May the Goddess give you warm fires and comforting friendship. Blessings to all and to all a good-night! Namaste WF
Namaste WF
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Happy Soltice

Post by rats19 »

All the best to you and yours wildfaery...tough loss last night, but that's hockey for the fans. Good game for bother teams
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

rats19 wrote:All the best to you and yours wildfaery...tough loss last night, but that's hockey for the fans. Good game for bother teams
Thanx Brother, I have to say that a W or a L in the relm of reality(as we know it) is a moot point...it's like life and death out here in the "heart" -land....where's the HEART i ask??? Perhaps i am the 0 Fool that is just starting on the path once more but, what i have learned in this life is that" heart,humility and humour" will lighten up your heavy load(Joni Mitchell, Refuge From the Road) I have to say that it really is true in life...(and as an extention) in sport...It's not wheather you win or lose...it's how you play the game.
Namaste WF
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Sol Invictus
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Copy that my friend...copy that

I have a lot of heart and carry good humour...lacking in humilty if I am to be honest
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

Topper wrote:Sol Invictus
OK perhaps not so Roman shoulda said Happy Yule! but yeah love the pagan greeting Topps, the Goddess' blessings to you.
Namaste WF
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

rats19 wrote:Copy that my friend...copy that

I have a lot of heart and carry good humour...lacking in humilty if I am to be honest
Rats if ya come from spirit and not from ego then i don't feel that humilty is lacking. In other words if you think from your heart and feel with your mind then it's alright.
Namaste WF
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

That's good... maybe I will make out ok..thnx wf
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

I once picked up a couple of hitch hikers who were going to some solstice event in the middle of nowhere in Washington state- summer though. Nice folks but true pagans. Dropped them off, at their request, at some odd point on I5 and off they went into the bush. They had gas money though so that was cool.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

VEEP the soltice happens twice a year when the sun is highest (summer) and when the sun is lowest (winter) also the eqinoxes(sp?) are at the arrival of spring and fall. it's always moveable and a lot of modern celebrations come from the pagan celebrations of the movement of the sun and earth. aka the male (sun) and female (earth) father sun ...mother earth.
Namaste WF
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Wasn't the solstice yesterday?
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

nope that was hannaka(sp?) depends on where you are. so Happy Festival of Lights to all ya'all too!
Namaste WF
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

God Jul! :)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Wildfaery wrote:VEEP the soltice happens twice a year when the sun is highest (summer) and when the sun is lowest (winter) also the eqinoxes(sp?) are at the arrival of spring and fall. it's always moveable and a lot of modern celebrations come from the pagan celebrations of the movement of the sun and earth. aka the male (sun) and female (earth) father sun ...mother earth.
I'm well are of the times etc... I have friends who do rainbow gatherings it's all good.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Happy Festivus Wildfaery !
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”