Enemy Territory...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Enemy Territory...

Post by rats19 »

spooner wrote:
rats19 wrote: I am 5 minutes from beaumont right now...

Almost jack knife the rig going uphill hit some ice.....you gotta love a miss spent youth..kept In under control never missed a beat.
Right on man. I don't think my wife believes me but I'm pretty sure all of the e-brake pulling/sideways driving I did when I was younger has helped me stay on the road in bad conditions more times than I care to recall. I still like to find a good parking lot to test the skills now and then. Like I tell her, practice makes perfect.
With a sandwich in one hand and a coffee In the other...lofl
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

rats19 wrote:
spooner wrote:
rats19 wrote: I am 5 minutes from beaumont right now...

Almost jack knife the rig going uphill hit some ice.....you gotta love a miss spent youth..kept In under control never missed a beat.
Right on man. I don't think my wife believes me but I'm pretty sure all of the e-brake pulling/sideways driving I did when I was younger has helped me stay on the road in bad conditions more times than I care to recall. I still like to find a good parking lot to test the skills now and then. Like I tell her, practice makes perfect.
With a sandwich in one hand and a coffee In the other...lofl
I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that "sandwich" and coffee" are just metaphors.

I told my daughter who is learning how to drive that we need to hit a parking lot when the snow comes so she can really learn some winter driving. sliding into oncoming traffic is not the time to get the feel of things.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Metaphor for times past..sadly accurate for the present.. hit the brakes see and feel what happens..test conditions..safely of course....
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Welcome to Alberta Rats! The province can't claim there aren't any rats here anymore :lol: . With your horses, etc., you'll fit right in. I live a little farther south than you - in Strathmore, although I'm spending most of the winter here in Phoenix. 8-)
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

BCExpat wrote: in Strathmore, although I'm spending most of the winter here in Phoenix. 8-)
servicing other men.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Rayxor wrote: I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that "sandwich" and coffee" are just metaphors.

I told my daughter who is learning how to drive that we need to hit a parking lot when the snow comes so she can really learn some winter driving. sliding into oncoming traffic is not the time to get the feel of things.
That's is a good idea, I took my family up to Ft St John for a couple of years as my daughter was learning to drive, the pea shaped grave they use on the roads they don't bother to pave work like ball bearings when you hit the breaks too hard which isn't difficult at all. The roads out there have claimed countless lives between that and the snow, my daughter is lucky to be alive and she went through three vehicles in pretty short order, my insurance record did not survive though....
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ukcanuck wrote:
Rayxor wrote: I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that "sandwich" and coffee" are just metaphors.

That's is a good idea, I took my family up to Ft St John for a couple of years as my daughter was learning to drive, the pea shaped grave they use on the roads they don't bother to pave work like ball bearings when you hit the breaks too hard which isn't difficult at all. The roads out there have claimed countless lives between that and the snow, my daughter is lucky to be alive and she went through three vehicles in pretty short order, my insurance record did not survive though....
It's mandatory in Sweden these days to take an ice driving course before you get your driver's license. Since people need to be able to get llicenses in the summer as well, there's now a number of artifical ice driving rinks, where people get to practice how to handle a car in slick conditions. I'm all for it. As a northerner who was living in southern Sweden for a number of years, I was apalled at how poorly people there could handle ice on the road. They were absolutely clueless.

At least now they have to pass this test before they are allowed out on the roads. Should help them get a grip (pun intended). :wink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

[edit] a mg llac oot desu I.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hey odes, good to see you again
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
BCExpat wrote: in Strathmore, although I'm spending most of the winter here in Phoenix. 8-)
servicing other men.
Nah, not my thing. I know you must think a lot of Flames fans are batting for the other side, but I'm not one of them :roll: :drink:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Ohdee you called him a [tide]? :?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

With parentheses...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ukcanuck wrote:

Fuck me, I remember the first time I drove from Flin Flon to the 'Peg one summer after I got my license my old man says 'be careful theses roads are dangerous at night' (we drove through the night).
I said 'because of deer? Moose?'
'No' he says 'drunken Bingo indians!' I almost hit a deer :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ODB wrote:[edit] a mg llac oot desu I.
Only one thing worse than an Albertan...a Saskachwenean.... 8-)

Proud to be from there though, we are the Blue Eyed Sheiks™

Better than be'n an Amairicun :lol:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BCExpat wrote:Welcome to Alberta Rats! The province can't claim there aren't any rats here anymore :lol: . With your horses, etc., you'll fit right in. I live a little farther south than you - in Strathmore, although I'm spending most of the winter here in Phoenix. 8-)
Thnx expat if I get to phoenix It will be feb or march for a month or two...way to frikken busy with changing almost everything.