Bolland takes shot at Sedin

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Bolland takes shot at Sedin

Post by dhabums »

dbr wrote:So I guess someone from the Blackhawks PR department tracked Bolland down:
“I’ve got the utmost respect for the Sedin twins and for Alain Vigneault and all the Vancouver Canucks,” Bolland said. “It was just a little bit of tongue-in-cheek that we had at the little radio show with some of the fans. I’ve got the utmost respect for Vancouver and what they do and what they do on the ice and how they do it. Both of us have a great rivalry going during this season.”
Link
Apparently Dave Bolland thinks more of the Sedins, AV and the Canucks than even we do. What a turn around!
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

I couldn't give a rats ass what an ingrate like Bolland says.Consider the source. A 3rd rate player at best.

Looking at his stats is proof enough 27 games 11 pnts -8+-
If bolland was in the canucks organization the irony is he wouldn't have to leave Chicago
Last edited by okcanuck on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

dhabums wrote:
dbr wrote:So I guess someone from the Blackhawks PR department tracked Bolland down:
“I’ve got the utmost respect for the Sedin twins and for Alain Vigneault and all the Vancouver Canucks,” Bolland said. “It was just a little bit of tongue-in-cheek that we had at the little radio show with some of the fans. I’ve got the utmost respect for Vancouver and what they do and what they do on the ice and how they do it. Both of us have a great rivalry going during this season.”
Link
Apparently Dave Bolland thinks more of the Sedins, AV and the Canucks than even we do. What a turn around!
Those weren't Bollands words.He was told by management what to say.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

A pretty good read on the Sedins vs Bolland by Thomas Drance.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2011/12/16 ... ryptonite/
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Jovocop wrote:A pretty good read on the Sedins vs Bolland by Thomas Drance.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2011/12/16 ... ryptonite/

Yes, actual proof with advanced stats over the last 3 years that Bolland can shut down the Sedins is a myth. The last paragraph summarizes it.

"While Bolland remains an elite two-way player, his “Sedin nemesis” title seems to me to be based on perception that has been mostly shaped by a couple of isolated incidents, rather than facts. In the larger picture, the Sedins have had a good deal of success against Dave Bolland, and will likely continue to should their respective team’s meet again this postseason."

I'm starting to enjoy these advance stat breakdowns. It definately helps dispell alot of myths that are perpetuated through only anecdotal evidence.

I'm wondering if advanced stats in hockey will become more popular, following the path of baseball?

Cam Charron also did an advanced stats breakdown of Chris Tanev's play and calls him a burdgeoning advanced stats superstar.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

One thing advanced metrics have yet to capture about players like Dave Bolland is the number of unpenalized stick infractions per 60 minutes played.

Until such time that it is, call it an "intangible" I guess.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Larry Goodenough wrote:
Cam Charron also did an advanced stats breakdown of Chris Tanev's play and calls him a burdgeoning advanced stats superstar.

Cam Charron, is putting the paid local writers to shame IMO.

His stuff is far and away the best I have read this season, and it's not even close tbh. While most guys are stating the obvious and looking to push their own agenda, Cam has been asking people to think about hockey in a totally different way.

Even if you don't agree with the way he looks at things, it's still incredibly refreshing and totally different then what we have seen from the more main stream media.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

okcanuck wrote: Those weren't Bollands words.He was told by management what to say.
Sarcasm meter broken?
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

You know if the Canucks are considered the hated team in the league ( wrongly in their view ) why don't they take the situation into their own hands and maybe appoint Pat Quinn as a Canucks ambassador ( similar to Jean Beliveau in Mtl ) I can't think of a more respected man inside the game. He lives in Vcr, smart, articulate and respected. I can't believe players like Bolland, Rechii would want to insult or cross swords with Pat.

Two of three public appearance with pre arranged question put to the man would sort a lot of this junk out
cheers
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Fred wrote:You know if the Canucks are considered the hated team in the league ( wrongly in their view ) why don't they take the situation into their own hands and maybe appoint Pat Quinn as a Canucks ambassador ( similar to Jean Beliveau in Mtl ) I can't think of a more respected man inside the game. He lives in Vcr, smart, articulate and respected. I can't believe players like Bolland, Rechii would want to insult or cross swords with Pat.

Two of three public appearance with pre arranged question put to the man would sort a lot of this junk out
Fred I've had a few to drink tonight but... I LOVE THIS IDEA! :santa:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Jovocop wrote:
Benjo wrote:Afternoon delight

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy
MG should trade for Kubina. :lol:
Elbow looked clean to me! :D
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Strangelove wrote:
Fred wrote:You know if the Canucks are considered the hated team in the league ( wrongly in their view ) why don't they take the situation into their own hands and maybe appoint Pat Quinn as a Canucks ambassador ( similar to Jean Beliveau in Mtl ) I can't think of a more respected man inside the game. He lives in Vcr, smart, articulate and respected. I can't believe players like Bolland, Rechii would want to insult or cross swords with Pat.

Fred I've had a few to drink tonight but... I LOVE THIS IDEA! :santa:

Doc I disagree.

Appointing Quinn or anyone else for that matter to "pump the Canucks tires" would be a waste of time. You can't make blind people see, deaf people hear or morons think !!!
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Appointing Quinn or anyone else for that matter to "pump the Canucks tires" would be a waste of time. You can't make blind people see, deaf people hear or morons think !!!
a more true statement you shall never hear
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Well it seemed like a great idea last night Image

Alright how bout we just give him a coupla hundred bucks to rough up MacLean a little? :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

what's the account number ?

I'll settle for that
cheers