Theodore to Florida for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Would you make this trade

Yes Theodore for Luongo
22%
Hell no Keenan is stupid
78%

Total votes: 23

Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Theodore to Florida for Luongo

Post by Jovorock »

Got this from Spectors trade rumor, would you make this?

THEODORE TO FLORIDA?

MONTREAL GAZETTE: Pat Hickey reports of a rumour that came from Florida although it had its origins in Montreal claiming the Canadiens and Panthers are talking about swapping Jose Theodore for Roberto Luongo, but that the sticking point is Panthers GM Mike Keenan wants Habs forward Michael Ryder as part of the deal.

Spector's Note: Meanwhile, in the real world, there's no way in hell either team makes this trade.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

With Keenan's respect for goaltenders, maybe Luongo wants out of there.

I don't see this one happening, though...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
mindbender
CC Rookie

Post by mindbender »

I've heard the same rumour. I don't get it though. The Canadians are stock piled with goalies for sure but Theodore has proven his worth in the playoffs in particular against Boston the past couple of seasons. Any why would they give up on Michael Ryder? Great young talent. I really don't understand why Keenan would dump Luongo either. Isn't he the future goaltender for Team Canada?
mindbender
CC Rookie

Post by mindbender »

Didn't Keenan bring Cloutier here? Does he want him back for Luongo? Hell, he can have the Sedins too..LOL :lol: :lol:
Delray
MVP
MVP

Post by Delray »

Thanks for the laugh mindbender! Seriously though I have not heard of that rumor down here. Not that I wouldn't mind it at all.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

mindbender wrote:Didn't Keenan bring Cloutier here? Does he want him back for Luongo? Hell, he can have the Sedins too..LOL :lol: :lol:
Burke brought Cloutier here not Keenan.
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

The rumour I've heard is Jovo isn't going to resign as his wife wants to move back to Florida. Why not trade him (not an idea I'm entirely thrilled with) and Clouts to Florida for Luongo and Van Ryn? (or somthing along those lines... not sure how to even up the trade).
Delray
MVP
MVP

Post by Delray »

Jovo still has a house in Florida. His wife still has her family here as well. I'd hate to loose him. Florida though has never replace Ozalinsh since the all star break when they traded him to the ducks.
mindbender
CC Rookie

Post by mindbender »

Are you talking about "after" this season as Jovo is already signed with the Canucks and made it very clear on the rado that he wants to play here. There is no way the Canucks are going to move him. I'm sure somewhere down the line he will end up back in Florida but not right now.
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Okay Mr. Keenan. It's obvious you've completely lost touch with all reality. Be a nice GM, put down the phone slowly and let us slip your arms into the straight jacket.

Yes. Yes. I'm sure you've always relied on the kindness of strangers . . . ;)
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Kowch wrote:The rumour I've heard is Jovo isn't going to resign as his wife wants to move back to Florida. Why not trade him (not an idea I'm entirely thrilled with) and Clouts to Florida for Luongo and Van Ryn? (or somthing along those lines... not sure how to even up the trade).
Now you're talking!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

I think Luongo is better than Theodore, so why Iron Mike is thinking this is beyond me? As for Michael Ryder, I think he is average as best so who cares.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Heavy_P
AHL Prospect

Post by Heavy_P »

Luongo is a much better goaltender than Theodore. Keenan is a nutcase. They were talking about other rumours today on the radio, and the word is that Keenan also would like to trade Jay Boumeester. WTF?!?!?!?!
"No, if your jaw were broken, you would'nt be able to talk...and my life would be much easier." - Oracle