W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Post by Per »

Badfish wrote:Sorry, so the quality of my message is dependent on the amount of forum posts I can make? Man, things really HAVE changed.

Please feel free to comment on my main points and debate them if you wish. It's like you're not even listening to what I'm saying. This thread's topic is about why old posters don't post anymore. well I AM an old poster and I DON'T post much anymore! Thank you for pointing out the obvious! This is why I replied to this thread whilst lurking, and explained the reasons why I haven't been posting in the past while. If you don't want to discuss that, I'm not sure why you're reading this thread.
No, the quality of your message is not dependent on how often you post. Two of the best posters from Old Central are Spock and UW Saint, and they both disappear for months at a time, and I always eagerly await their return.

As for the two different types of posting you mention, I enjoy both. Unfortunately I can rather take part in the GDTs while the game is on, as that tends to be in the wee hours of the night here in Sweden, and I need my beauty sleep, but occassionally the Nucks play an early east coast game and I get to join in! :)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Old Stick wrote: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

I know there are some because I've looked at the members list.

So far all I find posting are old Canucks Central denizens (or whatever the hell that poisonous old place was called).

Have all the Canucks Corner vets run away and hid?
LotusBlossom wrote: We don't know where all posters from the old days here have gone. I do know some of them are mostly on twitter these days and debate the game in 140 or less :lol: Lots of posters have stopped posting on many boards for various reason. Social media is one of them and well, life another.
Brian CC wrote: Lotus is right...message boards have become less relevant. Hence the reason I rarely post here. This board exists because there are people that enjoy it. My focus is on social media and blogging now.
Well then.... case solved, no conspiracy here.

Most of the poor bastards have apparently evolved/devolved into twittering tweeterers. :drink:

Wots say we suck it up and carry on without em eh wot ole chaps, stiff upper lips and all that rot eh WOT?
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Eh wot ...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Badfish wrote: To me, it's quality over quantity. And we've had lots of quantity lately.

I lurked here in the past and didn't see a lot of "quality".

No offence.
Depends what you're looking for I guess. No offence. Seriously Pot, you don't like it here...you have a choice. You don't have to keep coming on here and belittling the place.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote:Eh wot ...
Indeed, one must carry on carrying on mustn't one. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote:
Badfish wrote: No, the quality of your message is not dependent on how often you post. Two of the best posters from Old Central are Spock and UW Saint, and they both disappear for months at a time, and I always eagerly await their return.
Is it a coincidence that you have a special place in your heart for

.... the only two card-carrying Republicans ever known to grace CC boards? :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Brian CC wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:
Badfish wrote: To me, it's quality over quantity. And we've had lots of quantity lately.

I lurked here in the past and didn't see a lot of "quality".

No offence.
Depends what you're looking for I guess. No offence. Seriously Pot, you don't like it here...you have a choice. You don't have to keep coming on here and belittling the place.
I never said I didn't like it here.

The post you quoted was in reference to the post quality from previous seasons, not this one. I think it's been quite good this season.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Several long-time members have mentioned threads that had well thought out posts, and ensuing intelligent discussion. It might be helpful if one of those members linked a few examples to aid in the understanding of the differences in style/form.

I am a firm believer that message boards/blogs/twitter still subscribe to the age old human desire for a story - including plot, character, and conflict. In particular, the ideal thread has a protagonist (usually you), and an antagonist, and of course conflict, and perhaps resolution.

Without those elements, stories grow stale.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Southern_Canuck wrote:Several long-time members have mentioned threads that had well thought out posts, and ensuing intelligent discussion. It might be helpful if one of those members linked a few examples to aid in the understanding of the differences in style/form.

I am a firm believer that message boards/blogs/twitter still subscribe to the age old human desire for a story - including plot, character, and conflict. In particular, the ideal thread has a protagonist (usually you), and an antagonist, and of course conflict, and perhaps resolution.

S_C
I am none of those things.....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Southern_Canuck wrote:Several long-time members have mentioned threads that had well thought out posts, and ensuing intelligent discussion. It might be helpful if one of those members linked a few examples to aid in the understanding of the differences in style/form.

S_C

Really ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Really ?
First, am I talking to drunk Blob, or next morning apologetic Blob? :)

Yeah, really.

When you have a discussion with unanimous agreement, then there is an element missing.

Do you disagree, or are you indicating that my post is just obvious?

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Southern...lemme guess...blob is being "one of those things"...the one that starts with an "a"..