Hockey Discussion - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Hockey Discussion - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Post by CFP! »

SKYO wrote:Philly not playing the puck looks ridiculous, they should have to play the puck, they should be penalized if they refuse to play the puck numerous times.
Agreed. But so did Tampa.

Great for the game, whilst on NBC game of the week guys!

#idontgiveafuckwhatamericathinksanyways
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I hate trap hockey and while Philly may have gone about it a little differently, the point was made. When Minnesota played that useless and incredibly boring style I turned down free tickets to watch them. I did it more than three times. Even free that type of garbage isn't worth viewing. At the price we pay for tickets I want to be entertained!
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Canuck-One wrote:I hate trap hockey and while Philly may have gone about it a little differently, the point was made. When Minnesota played that useless and incredibly boring style I turned down free tickets to watch them. I did it more than three times. Even free that type of garbage isn't worth viewing. At the price we pay for tickets I want to be entertained!
The thing is, it wasn't useless when Minny played it. That system made a team of plumbers into a competitive squad. New Jersy won three cups with that "useless" style, and Minny was selling out every night with a trap team. The bottom line is that hockey markets are going to pack their building as long as their teams are winning (sometimes even when they're losing), regardless of the system their teams employ.

In non-hockey markets like Florida you could have the '84 Oilers roster scoring six every night and still, nobody would give a shit.

And yeah, I hate trap hockey too. I just don't see much point in complaining about it since it's mostly been phased out of the game and our team plays an aggressive system that beats the trap quite effectively.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Hate to say it but if teams continue to play the trap and negative hockey...can you say shot clock
cheers
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Fred wrote:Hate to say it but if teams continue to play the trap and negative hockey...can you say shot clock
This makes no sense.

You want to put the offensive team on a shot clock?

When it's the defensive team trapping?

This will simply encourage further trapping as if you contain the team with the puck further and they don't get a shot away you would, I assume, then gain immediate possession. Or there's a face-off.

I'm not sure how this would discourage a trap style defense.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

or just get some fans with some balls, start booing BOTH teams.

Can you imagine if that happened in a canadian city? roof would be boo'd off.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
jwmann2
AHL Prospect

Post by jwmann2 »

Regardless of how irrational Canadian hockey fans are, you're love for hockey is admired in the United States. If we had fans like you in the southern US, the former Thrashers, Lightning, Panthers and Coyotes would be doing just fine in terms of revenue. The league seriously needs to focus it's efforts in bringing expansions to Quebec City, Hamilton and Sasq and possibly a second franchise to Toronto.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

jwmann2 wrote:Regardless of how irrational Canadian hockey fans are, you're love for hockey is admired in the United States. If we had fans like you in the southern US, the former Thrashers, Lightning, Panthers and Coyotes would be doing just fine in terms of revenue. The league seriously needs to focus it's efforts in bringing expansions to Quebec City, Hamilton and Sasq and possibly a second franchise to Toronto.
The NHL owners at times seem to cut their own throats, each team holding geographical rights along with their franchise so often enough when teams can't be moved it's the owners who are the dutchman with his finger in the dyke :D
cheers
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

First and foremost, I really dislike the Bruins. I dislike the organization, the mentality and they way they play. That said, I hate the personal attacks and stupidity that seems to happen. Unfortunately this time it was a Canucks fan who stepped over the line by defiling a church attended by the Lucic family.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Milan+L ... story.html

This just makes us look bad.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

This was obviously some inbred punk,couldn't even spell canucks.
Not unlike the vandalism that happened downtown after the game this was done by people who get more enjoyment out of vandalism than hockey.
What those people did has absolutely no bearing on how Canuck fans "look"to anyone with a brain.
If your going to paint canuck fans with the same brush as these dipshits,you really need to pull your head out of your ass.
Last edited by dangler on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

dangler wrote:This was obviously some inbred punk,couldn't even spell canucks.
Not unlike the vandelism that happened downtown after the game this was done by people who get more enjoyment out of vandelism than hockey.
What those people did has absolutely no bearing on how Canuck fans "look"to anyone with a brain.
If your going to paint canuck fans with the same brush as these dipshits,you really need to pull your head out of your ass.
Vandalism.....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Vandalism sucks for sure..... Maybe they were Albanians who painted on the church
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Albertan terrorists.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

some 12 year retard old just got his rocks off because he made the paper.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Well, since this thread is about the good, the bad and the ugly I guess its as good a place to talk about last nights game as any.

Rating=ugly.

I was really dissappointed with last nights performance. It reminded me way to much of the "October" Canucks. I could take the easy road and blame Lou but the whole team stunk up the joint. Thing is, this is entirely the wrong time to go into a slump. Are we just tired or is this indicative of something else on the horizon.

Thoughts/rants/etc welcome.