Could we raise the bar?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Could we raise the bar?

Post by Per »

"so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest!"

I've recently started two topics that seem to have been removed for reasons that have not been forwarded to me nor that I can understand.

Back to the USSR? was questioning if the recent elections in Russia really were fair and free and Confucius or just confused? poked fun at the Confucius peace prize the Chinese recently instituted - and awarded Putin! :roll:

So is there some unspoken rule that we must not criticise the Russian and/or Chinese governments on here?

I personally enjoy discussing politics ever so often, and thought these two recent events were worthy of mentioning.

Please enlighten me if there are any board rules that the aforementioned topics violated.

I also think that when a topic is removed, it'd be a good idea to inform whoever started the topic of the reasons for this so that we can mend our ways and not repeatedly break rules we are unaware of.
Last edited by Per on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Could we raise the bar?

Post by Cornuck »

News to me - I'm not sure why they would have been deleted.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Well, I don't understand it either, which is why I had to ask. :|
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that neither thread had any replies (some kind of anti-SPAM trigger on the board deleting them or something)?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:"so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest!"

I've recently started two topics that seem to have been removed for reasons that have not been forwarded to me nor that I can understand.

Back to the USSR? was questioning if the recent elections in Russia really were fair and free and Confucius or just confused? poked fun at the Confucius peace prize the Chinese recently instituted - and awarded Putin! :roll:

So is there some unspoken rule that we must not criticise the Russian and/or Chinese governments on here?

I personally enjoy discussing politics ever so often, and thought these two recent events were worthy of mentioning.

Please enlighten me if there are any board rules that the aforementioned topics violated.

I also think that when a topic is removed, it'd be a good idea to inform whoever started the topic of the reasons for this so that we can mend our ways and not repeatedly break rules we are unaware of.
Lower IQ quota!? 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Per wrote:
One must never criticise ze Russians.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

dbr wrote:I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that neither thread had any replies (some kind of anti-SPAM trigger on the board deleting them or something)?
No, the one on the election had at least two replies, and the Chinese one disappeared more or less immediately I had posted it.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Per wrote:
dbr wrote:I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that neither thread had any replies (some kind of anti-SPAM trigger on the board deleting them or something)?
No, the one on the election had at least two replies, and the Chinese one disappeared more or less immediately I had posted it.
I saw the chinese one and thought it was interesting how the Chinese see things radically different. one mans freedom fighter is another's terrorist...

Anyway perhaps the mods can enlighten you, aren't they the only ones who can delete posts and threads?
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

I think the mods would delete China if it was in their power to do so.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Farhan Lalji wrote:I think the mods would delete China if it was in their power to do so.

Can they delete world debt? it seems to me that it might be China as the only country that isn't completely owned by central banks and wall street. Could China turn out to be the country that saves the world???
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

ukcanuck wrote: Could China turn out to be the country that saves the world???
The only people that can save the world are Justin Timberlake and Madonna.....and they can do it in 4 minutes.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi5OP7fe ... re=related)