GDT: Les Canucks câlisser une volée Les Habs! - 430PM; SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Les Canucks câlisser une volée Les Habs! - 430PM; S

Post by Corb »

Props to Lou for battling back.

Raymond was flying!
newcanuckfan
CC Veteran

Post by newcanuckfan »

Comebacks are sweet...haven't seen that many this year that have worked out for the 2 points.

Nice to see Lu shut the door even if he gives me palpitations on every scramble near the net, or when guys are teeing it up from the blue line with traffic in front, or when guys are firing it at him from behind the net, or when a guy does a couple of moves coming across the crease as Lu dives for it, or in a shootout.

Cody looked good and so did Raymond - not just as scorers but good tenacity.

I though Kes was trying to do too much himself at times, but he was flying out there.

Team looks great 4 on 4.

Take the 2 points and have some fun tonight in Montreal!
twyf
AHL Prospect

Post by twyf »

Canucks drive me crazy early in games -but I love 'em by the 3rd.

I'd like to know more about their conditioning regime
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

David Booth-Who?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The ugly, the bad and the good:

The ugly:

- down 3-0
-Luongo with a shitter of a 3rd goal
-2 man advantage a waste, again
-Alberts playing forward

The Bad:

-poor start for first half the game
-PP terrible, until the last one
-no finish for two periods
-defence running around most of the night

The Good:

-a SH goal
-a PP goal
-a 5-5 goal
-a SO goal
-Raymond
-Hansen
-Hodgson
-Luongo rebounds to shut the door last half the game and in the SO
-come back win after being down 3-0
-Salo with a blast for his 6th of the year (Ehrhoff who)
-steal the extra point in the SO, about time!
The only HW the Canucks need
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Hope the Alberts forward experiment is over.

On the ice for 5.5 minutes & ended up -2.

He sometimes looked lost in space.
Last edited by clem on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jackalman
CC Veteran

Post by jackalman »

Hockey Widow wrote:The Good:
-a 5-5 goal
!
It was 4-4.

I think thats the first time I have seen you be wrong. :(

Still love ya though! :)
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

clem wrote:Hope the Alberts forward experiment is over.

On the ice for 5.5 minutes & ended up -2.
Sometimes I wish the Alberts defence experiment was over too. Especially in games where AV falls in love with his physicality and plays him more minutes than he should.

But to be fair, lots of minuses to go around when Luongo gives up the same type of stinkers he gives up in October.

Way to battle back Lu! You deserve praise for this comeback.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

GP_Nuck wrote:is there an english GDT that i can't find :P?

I say 4-3 Canucks Overtime
You're clairvoyant.

How will the next game end?
I'd like to plan my Saturday early.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

jackalman wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:The Good:
-a 5-5 goal
!
It was 4-4.

I think thats the first time I have seen you be wrong. :(

Still love ya though! :)

Well, blow me fuck me chew me! (BFC for future reference) It was indeed a 4-4.

But believe me, I am wrong plenty.
The only HW the Canucks need
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Can't wait to hear from the angry losers.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Had to leave with 10 minutes left in the 3rd.....just about had a stroke when I saw we won in the shootout with Luongo in net, especially after 2 of the 3 goals he let in early on. After watching the replays I have to say, that if Luongo can play like that in the S/O then he's made some key adjustments that will bode well for both him and the team in games like these.

Hodgson had a great game tonight. Scored the 2nd goal and then the S/O winner, was willing to into the corners after the puck in the offensive zone, just generally looked good out there tonight. His shootout goal was pretty, I liked that he had his head up the whole way and with all the upper-body fakes Price was lost and looked retarded.

Sami Salo, keep on shooting.

I love how Luongo can get bumped and the result is a goal, but when Daniel skates by Price and Price lets his stick go when it catches Daniel's shoulder we get a penalty. Yeah.....okay..... :mex:

You would think that most teams would be ready for our third period antics. I can't believe this team when they wake up and realize that they have squandered 40 minutes of hockey and decide it's time to play.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

RoyalDude wrote:David Booth-Who?
No faceplants from Stump Legs or Ballard to dump on tonight, so pile on the injured kid, huh? :thumbs:
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Jekyll & Hyde game for Roberto. He looks to me to be a man playing without confidence. He is looking behind after shots like he isn't sure he hasa the puck. He battled in the second and third periods and was outstanding in the S/O.

Long PPs seem to put the Canucks to sleep as they become very deliberate. The later PPs they had 5 guys moving all the time and the Habs could not defend against it.

Raymond with a great game, pretty goal and robbed on an assist for Cody's goal. His ability to control the puck and find an open man is very good and he doesn't seem to be shying away from contact along the boards.

Cody "Stumpy" Hodgson is improving game by game. His skating, especially the first 2 steps are much quicker and he has great hands. Some of his passes although on the tape seem too hard for his mates to hold onto. As someone said he made Price look really bad on the S/O goal.

The Alberts experiment on the wing failed although in fairness to AA he probably has never played much there at this level. He really struggled at moving the puck out of the zone quickly.

Kesler skated miles but when they were down early he was trying to do too much and not using his mates. He looked uncertain on his S/O attempt and ran out of room.

Super Finn just keeps on ticking.

Montreal got a lot of odd man rushes early through shot blocks and by countering the Canucks aggressive D.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

The Alberts experiment was a necessary thing I believe. When they had to make the call on whether to bring someone up to replace Higgins and Booth, they didn't know if Booth was going to be on LTIR or not. They also thought Higgins had a shot at playing. Not sure they had the cap space until booth gets moved to LTIR to bring in another body. Still I would have double shifted Hansen, Kesler and Daniel on the wing.

I disagree that the canucks played a bad first period. The score may have been 2-0 after it but I can't really recall a Habs scoring chance that period. The score was very flattering to the Habs after 1. Price made some good saves, Luongo tried to draw penalties instead of stopping the puck. Canucks had a good start to the second and then Luongo let in that third goal. It deflated the team and I think you can understand why. They were playing a decent road game yet were down 3-0. The back half of the game and the third was almost all canucks as they activated everybody....this gave up some good socring chances but luongo pulled his head out and made the saves he should have been making 30 minutes earlier. I honestly think the canucks were pretty much full marks for the two points despite it not being the prettiest game. On the flip side the Habs were full marks for getting a point and almost two as well. They capitalized early, had some big penalty kills etc.

5-on-3...unlike the Avs game this 5-on-3 I think generated 3 very good chances. Salo missed the net twice on shots that Price was nowhere near getting to the open side of the net as the shot went past the net. And there was a down low play that was perfectly executed up to the time the tap in was screwed up. And then the PP stepped up late in the game to tie it.

Despite a horrendous injury Raymond is healthy. Something he wasn't for more than a handful of games last season (he played with some sort of injury nearly the entire time). A healthy Raymond is quite a good player and one that compliments the style of the team so well.

Stumpy the Bust is on a 58 point pace since the beginning of November. If he works hard on his skating next summer like the twins did early in their career he could have a heck of a year next year. Moved up to 6th in rookie scoring right now and has a shot at moving up to the top 3. (Barring a major injury you can likely call the Calder race right now...Hopkins will seriously need to stop producing to not win it).