GDT: Canucks vs Flames; SNET P and SNET W; 6:00 pm PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Flames; SNET P and SNET W; 6:00 pm PST

Post by clem »

Booth's best game as a Canuck.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Bouwmeester sucks. Not even an attempt to try to block that shot.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Crickets chirping tonight amongst the I hate Booth crowd.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Booth with an absolutely dirty hit on Kipper. Brutal, especially considering his team has the game well in hand. Certainly no need for that.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Another view would be that it was a strong move by Booth.

Though he got a penalty, it sends a message.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Could have stopped but he was also angled into Kipper by defender.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I have trouble believing Booth would run a goalie. I think he was just taking it to the net and Pisskoola helped drive him into Kipper. He's not dirty like that.

Unless he's pissed off after seeing the tape of Otto kicking it in....
If you need air...call it in
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

It's been a good night for the Canucks but,

since the Flames ran out of gas at the end of the first period, they helped the Canucks look good.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Lots of teams have to play back to back games, so I don't buy the excuse that the Flames ran out of gas. These are professional atheletes - they are supposed to be in shape. So, they lost because the Canucks were the better team overall tonight - plain and simple.

BTW - congrats to the Canucks on the win tonight. Geez, I might as well just make this congrats as my signature here :roll:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Looked like Raymond and Hodgson could develop some chemistry - both good passers, and Hodgson with the decent shot. Just need a Hansen or Higgins to muck for the puck.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

My thoughts:

-Higgins is an absolute beast along the wall. It has been a lot of years since I'v seen a Canuck play like he does along the wall. Nice to see he is getting the points too.

- I love Booth's power move to the net. He did not intentionally run kipper as he was angled off by he defender. He could have avoided it by not going to the net but I love that he did. We have missed that kinda of player too. All the years of watching Canuck goalies get run, by Calgary too, it is nice to see that move.

- Kesler a beast again tonight, 14-18 on F/O

-Luongo good when he had to be but he didn't really have to be after the 1st. A good return for him.

- Raymond a good game back with the point. Could have had a goal there too. Looks like he and Hansen have the speed and Cody is the set up guy. This line could work but time will tell.

- Good on Lappy being prepared to go. Gotta laugh since it was Stajan but at least he dropped the gloves :D

- This rivalry is all but dead. Playing Calgary now is just one more boring game. The fire that used to follow these two teams is gone. Until the Flames become competitive again I guess this will be what we can have to expect.
The only HW the Canucks need
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Hockey Widow wrote:My thoughts:

- This rivalry is all but dead. Playing Calgary now is just one more boring game. The fire that used to follow these two teams is gone. Until the Flames become competitive again I guess this will be what we can have to expect.

The problem is, by the time the Flames do become competitive again, the Canucks probably won't be that competitive. So, the cycle goes. I just hope that in about 3 or 4 years, the Flames are like the Oilers are now.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
BCReefer
CC Veteran

Post by BCReefer »

Hockey Widow wrote:
I just like to watch calpuke have their typical meltdown after games like tonight.

I didn't think having the puck on your stick and going to the net and hitting the goalie is wrong, I thought that is what the game is all about. If he did not have the puck or went high then sure but I did not see the play as that bad. Booth got his 2 minutes and that is all.

Speaking of Booth, I might pray for him to continue playing like he has been over the past 2 weeks. Hope he keeps it up to justify his salary.

Really like the lines, the Canucks have a good top 9, maybe not the best in the NHL but up there for sure.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

BCExpat wrote:I just hope that in about 3 or 4 years, the Flames are like the Oilers are now.
:wow:

I guess reality is, with no prospect cupboard you are looking at least that timeframe. Unless of course you get a solid return for Kipper and Iggy and maybe Babchuk.

Hard times to be a Flames fan, ouch.

Oh, and by the time you become competitive we will have been to the West Final/SCF a few times so a cup should be in there somewhere 8-)
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

CFP! wrote:Oh, and by the time you become competitive we will have been to the West Final/SCF a few times so a cup should be in there somewhere 8-)
Well, there is a fine line there. They made it to the SCF last year, but this year, at least to this point, the Canucks do not look like the dominant team they were (except for when they play the Flames :roll: ). Then again, there is a lot of hockey to be played this season, so things can change.

Anyway, they better do it quick - by next year, those dasterdly Oilers may prove to be too big of a hurdle for the Canucks.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked