Daycare/Nanny/Live in care-taker thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Daycare/Nanny/Live in care-taker thread

Post by CFP! »

Yo yo ma!

I currently pay $800/mo for daycare for one child in Vic. It's manageable however we are expecting in May and will need another $800 come May 2013.

$1600 mo is silly and could be doable, but we'd be living on KD and white bread. We like our veggies and fruit!

Any of you hire a live in nanny? As much as I love my in-laws it wont work ATM. Any good resources you have encountered? I dont want shaken baby syndrome. Especially if she is in my house.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: Daycare/Nanny/Live in care-taker thread

Post by LotusBlossom »

You can probably hire a live-in nanny for about $1100 a month. Provide food, shelter and that pay it works out to be about a $2000/month deal for the nanny. Best thing to do is talk to an agency that specializes is such things.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

LotusBlossom wrote:You can probably hire a live-in nanny for about $1100 a month. Provide food, shelter and that pay it works out to be about a $2000/month deal for the nanny. Best thing to do is talk to an agency that specializes is such things.
Yah we have a neighbor who has hired her niece from the Philippines. She is now released from her one yr contract (of course) and is now a Canadian citizen. I need to do some more research but from what they say providing R&B is basically equivalent to $700-800/mo so they just pay for her food and incidentals.

Hmmmm.....
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

CFP, are you not aware that I have already offered my services in this area? Consult the "They grow up so fast" thread for details.

I am willing to live on the floor in your basement but I demand nightly conjugal visits from any females in the house and three oreos every Saturday.

PM me if you're interested. It's all the rage don'tcha know.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Rumsfeld wrote:CFP, are you not aware that I have already offered my services in this area? Consult the "They grow up so fast" thread for details.

I am willing to live on the floor in your basement but I demand nightly conjugal visits from any females in the house and three oreos every Saturday.

PM me if you're interested. It's all the rage don'tcha know.
Ha! Thats your problem. A high sugar diet. No wonder you are a flaccid impotent man. Wait, are you a woman by now?

Guy transforms into a girl in just two years.
http://thechive.com/2011/12/02/guy-tran ... 37-photos/
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.