GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Postby Corb » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:05 pm

We know the Blackhawks like Schneiders stick handling :mrgreen:
User avatar
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:18 am

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Postby mathonwy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:07 pm

Corb wrote:We know the Blackhawks like Schneiders stick handling :mrgreen:

I don't recall because I haven't been watching every game. I assume he gave it away?
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Postby wienerdog » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:11 pm

mathonwy wrote:
Corb wrote:We know the Blackhawks like Schneiders stick handling :mrgreen:

I don't recall because I haven't been watching every game. I assume he gave it away?


Um, yeah, you could say that.

Playoffs last season. Schneider gift-wrapped the game for them.

A shame too, b/c aside from that, he was money.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Postby mathonwy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:17 pm

wienerdog wrote:
mathonwy wrote:
Corb wrote:We know the Blackhawks like Schneiders stick handling :mrgreen:

I don't recall because I haven't been watching every game. I assume he gave it away?


Um, yeah, you could say that.

Playoffs last season. Schneider gift-wrapped the game for them.

A shame too, b/c aside from that, he was money.

Well fuck... what a bust.

--

Booth could have had a hat trick this game. Off the pipe twice.
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Postby clem » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:37 pm

Booth had some nice drives to the net, while pulling the puck around people.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Postby Jovocop » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:38 pm

clem wrote:Booth had some nice drives to the net, while pulling the puck around people.


Where is Fred??
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1569
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Postby Per » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:40 pm

November is much nicer than October. 8-)
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Postby Boston Canucker » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:41 pm

I'll never argue with a win; 5 in a row is the right direction, but man oh man giving up 48 shots to the Blue Jackets! That shit won't fly against a better team, boys need to tighten up. Thank the heavens for Ginger, looking more and more like a #1 with every game.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:30 am

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Postby Jovocop » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:45 pm

Boston Canucker wrote:I'll never argue with a win; 5 in a row is the right direction, but man oh man giving up 48 shots to the Blue Jackets! That shit won't fly against a better team, boys need to tighten up. Thank the heavens for Ginger, looking more and more like a #1 with every game.


If the Canucks play a better team, they might put in better effort defending... With the Jackets...
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1569
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Postby clem » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:50 pm

Jovocop wrote:
clem wrote:Booth had some nice drives to the net, while pulling the puck around people.


Where is Fred??

This is the first game where I can say that for him. Hopefully, a sign of things to come.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Postby CFP! » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:51 pm

Holy shit! 48 shots boys. Who is Cory trying to be? Ron Tugnutt?
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Postby Meds » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:52 pm

I'll give up 48 shots like that on any given night. Other than perhaps a dozen of those chances, Schneider took most of the shots from good positioning, saw them all the way, and smothered his share of them.

I'd like to see them take away a few of those chances and block a few more shots, obviously. However, if we keep opponents' chances to the outside like that, it's a mark of sound positional defense. Other than the one massive brain-fart on the PP where everyone simply coasted back and paid next to no attention, this was a pretty good game.

Hodgson and Bieksa played pretty poorly in our end tonight, and Ballard had one bad give away but was otherwise solid.

The American Express was outstanding tonight, Booth was the best of them, but not by much.
User avatar
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Postby Potatoe1 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:52 pm

Wow don't like giving up 48 shots but a win is a win. That Columbus team is going to have a far better record moving forward, they look a lot better then they did the first time we played them.

-Schneider was the best player on the ice again, 1 goal on 48 shots. I think his game against the Sharks was much more impressive but what can you say.

-Booth is really in a grove now, 1 in the net, 2 off the posts, 6 shots on goal, 3 hits and no obvious defensive errors. Booth is really starting to look like the type of player we were missing in the playoffs last year; a gritty forward with size who can score from the dirty areas.

-Kesler back in superstar form.

-Hodgson with a pretty terrible night. Bad turnover to start the game and fought the puck the whole night. With Raymond ready to go Hodgson could be in a bit of trouble after this performance.

-Hamhuis was the best of the defenseman. Just great on the PK late and making huge strides offensively.

-Ballard and Alberts with a decent night. Alberts took the delay of game penalty but had a good night otherwise. Ballard starting to look a lot more comfortable on the right which bodes well moving forward.

-4th line with a better night had a couple of really good shifts on the fore check and didn't give up much defensively.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1612
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Postby Meds » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:-Booth is really in a grove now,


A grove of what? Trees?

-Hodgson with a pretty terrible night. Bad turnover to start the game and fought the puck the whole night. With Raymond ready to go Hodgson could be in a bit of trouble after this performance.


He did have a couple OK looks in the offensive zone, and I just gotta say, that pass he made to Hansen was amazing, Hansen even got the shot off. But your're right, he did fight that puck from the time of his turnover til the end of the night.
User avatar
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Postby Benjo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:13 pm

-Loosey goosey power play in the third cost Schneids his shutout, could do without those 1-2 shifts of 0 focus.
-Daniel could have had 1 or 2 more goals as well
-Hodgson probably had his weakest game of the season
-Can't believe Carter didn't slide it over to Nash on the 3 on 1, Nash had a gimme.
-Nah Ginger probably would have stopped that too
-While the Canucks kept several of the 47 shots to the outside, there were a few chances for CBJ that should have never happened.
-I don't think any goalie could have saved Kesler's goal...wow
-Was very happy with some of the 4th line's shifts, they are getting some offensive looks and creating pressure.
-Alberts played a decent game other than the stupid puck over the glass penalty. There was no real reason to even try to fire it off the glass IMO.

All in all a potential trap game, thankfully the boys scored first and it was all downhill from there.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest