GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Vancouver & Columbus: Now on SPAC

Post by Corb »

We know the Blackhawks like Schneiders stick handling :mrgreen:
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Corb wrote:We know the Blackhawks like Schneiders stick handling :mrgreen:
I don't recall because I haven't been watching every game. I assume he gave it away?
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

mathonwy wrote:
I don't recall because I haven't been watching every game. I assume he gave it away?
Um, yeah, you could say that.

Playoffs last season. Schneider gift-wrapped the game for them.

A shame too, b/c aside from that, he was money.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

wienerdog wrote:
mathonwy wrote:
Um, yeah, you could say that.

Playoffs last season. Schneider gift-wrapped the game for them.

A shame too, b/c aside from that, he was money.
Well fuck... what a bust.

--

Booth could have had a hat trick this game. Off the pipe twice.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Booth had some nice drives to the net, while pulling the puck around people.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

clem wrote:Booth had some nice drives to the net, while pulling the puck around people.
Where is Fred??
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

November is much nicer than October. 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

I'll never argue with a win; 5 in a row is the right direction, but man oh man giving up 48 shots to the Blue Jackets! That shit won't fly against a better team, boys need to tighten up. Thank the heavens for Ginger, looking more and more like a #1 with every game.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Boston Canucker wrote:I'll never argue with a win; 5 in a row is the right direction, but man oh man giving up 48 shots to the Blue Jackets! That shit won't fly against a better team, boys need to tighten up. Thank the heavens for Ginger, looking more and more like a #1 with every game.
If the Canucks play a better team, they might put in better effort defending... With the Jackets...
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Jovocop wrote:
clem wrote:Booth had some nice drives to the net, while pulling the puck around people.
Where is Fred??
This is the first game where I can say that for him. Hopefully, a sign of things to come.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Holy shit! 48 shots boys. Who is Cory trying to be? Ron Tugnutt?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I'll give up 48 shots like that on any given night. Other than perhaps a dozen of those chances, Schneider took most of the shots from good positioning, saw them all the way, and smothered his share of them.

I'd like to see them take away a few of those chances and block a few more shots, obviously. However, if we keep opponents' chances to the outside like that, it's a mark of sound positional defense. Other than the one massive brain-fart on the PP where everyone simply coasted back and paid next to no attention, this was a pretty good game.

Hodgson and Bieksa played pretty poorly in our end tonight, and Ballard had one bad give away but was otherwise solid.

The American Express was outstanding tonight, Booth was the best of them, but not by much.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Wow don't like giving up 48 shots but a win is a win. That Columbus team is going to have a far better record moving forward, they look a lot better then they did the first time we played them.

-Schneider was the best player on the ice again, 1 goal on 48 shots. I think his game against the Sharks was much more impressive but what can you say.

-Booth is really in a grove now, 1 in the net, 2 off the posts, 6 shots on goal, 3 hits and no obvious defensive errors. Booth is really starting to look like the type of player we were missing in the playoffs last year; a gritty forward with size who can score from the dirty areas.

-Kesler back in superstar form.

-Hodgson with a pretty terrible night. Bad turnover to start the game and fought the puck the whole night. With Raymond ready to go Hodgson could be in a bit of trouble after this performance.

-Hamhuis was the best of the defenseman. Just great on the PK late and making huge strides offensively.

-Ballard and Alberts with a decent night. Alberts took the delay of game penalty but had a good night otherwise. Ballard starting to look a lot more comfortable on the right which bodes well moving forward.

-4th line with a better night had a couple of really good shifts on the fore check and didn't give up much defensively.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Potatoe1 wrote: -Booth is really in a grove now,
A grove of what? Trees?
-Hodgson with a pretty terrible night. Bad turnover to start the game and fought the puck the whole night. With Raymond ready to go Hodgson could be in a bit of trouble after this performance.
He did have a couple OK looks in the offensive zone, and I just gotta say, that pass he made to Hansen was amazing, Hansen even got the shot off. But your're right, he did fight that puck from the time of his turnover til the end of the night.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

-Loosey goosey power play in the third cost Schneids his shutout, could do without those 1-2 shifts of 0 focus.
-Daniel could have had 1 or 2 more goals as well
-Hodgson probably had his weakest game of the season
-Can't believe Carter didn't slide it over to Nash on the 3 on 1, Nash had a gimme.
-Nah Ginger probably would have stopped that too
-While the Canucks kept several of the 47 shots to the outside, there were a few chances for CBJ that should have never happened.
-I don't think any goalie could have saved Kesler's goal...wow
-Was very happy with some of the 4th line's shifts, they are getting some offensive looks and creating pressure.
-Alberts played a decent game other than the stupid puck over the glass penalty. There was no real reason to even try to fire it off the glass IMO.

All in all a potential trap game, thankfully the boys scored first and it was all downhill from there.