W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:
Topper wrote: Spudly and I may have differing opinions of soft, floating, defensively irresponsible rookies and their roles in the line up but on other points we will agree.
You shouldnt be so hard on Dale Weise. He is after all, only 23.
Your spelling is becoming worse.
Worser..becoming Worser
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

There are a bunch of 'old' regulars missing, it's true. I suspect the reasons are two-fold: 1) Cup hangover, and 2) and I'm pretty sure this is the big one... VOLUME. The influx has caused the number of posts on any given subject to just about triple. That's not a bad thing, but it does require much more time to stay on top of a subject and not 'suck' when you decide to post.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Puck wrote:There are a bunch of 'old' regulars missing, it's true. I suspect the reasons are two-fold: 1) Cup hangover, and 2) and I'm pretty sure this is the big one... VOLUME. The influx has caused the number of posts on any given subject to just about triple. That's not a bad thing, but it does require much more time to stay on top of a subject and not 'suck' when you decide to post.
just a quick FYI...if it is too difficult to wade through a thread and post....then all I can really say to that is "meh"

think about it. I do not go there because there is to much to read....for crying out loud that's just weird...or lazy or something...

hangover is a waaaay better answer

rat

PS:my posts suck all the time...and I dont give a shit...hehe
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

rats19 wrote:
Puck wrote:There are a bunch of 'old' regulars missing, it's true. I suspect the reasons are two-fold: 1) Cup hangover, and 2) and I'm pretty sure this is the big one... VOLUME. The influx has caused the number of posts on any given subject to just about triple. That's not a bad thing, but it does require much more time to stay on top of a subject and not 'suck' when you decide to post.
just a quick FYI...if it is too difficult to wade through a thread and post....then all I can really say to that is "meh"

think about it. I do not go there because there is to much to read....for crying out loud that's just weird...or lazy or something...

hangover is a waaaay better answer

rat

PS:my posts suck all the time...and I dont give a shit...hehe

With a higher number of posts on any given subject, chances that your opinion being stated already are pretty high. I mean that's one of the major reasons why i don't post. By the time i'm done classes for the day, either yourself, Pot, Topper, CoCo, or anyone else that sits at a comp all day have expressed much of what i believe to be a correct assessment of most situations.

I think most people just don't want to be redundant
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Good point about redundancy. I just looked at the member list and saw that many of the (former?) regulars are still visiting, but not posting.

Because of the longer threads and higher post counts, it's good to stay on topic.

I also think that when the season starts meaning more, our lurking friends will pipe up with some comments.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Picture a busy swimming pool on a hot day at a 3 star...do you sit and watch and burn?
Or do you jump in and have fun anyways..to be polite Is cool overly costs you experiences..
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

rats19 wrote:Picture a busy swimming pool on a hot day at a 3 star...do you sit and watch and burn?
Or do you jump in and have fun anyways..to be polite Is cool overly costs you experiences..
I could go into the problem I have with that analogy rats... :lol: :P

But i'll just say...

Too many cooks....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

CorranHorn wrote:
rats19 wrote:Picture a busy swimming pool on a hot day at a 3 star...do you sit and watch and burn?
I could go into the problem I have with that analogy rats... :lol: :P

But i'll just say...

Too many cooks....
Do you mean: opinions, leader like insight...how can a hockey talk board have too many cooks?
If you prefer to not go there... I respect that.
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

Lets do it to it capt'n.

The "sit and watch and burn" aspect of your analogy doesn't really work with a hockey board because I don't think anything negative comes from not posting due to volume. Again I think that most people don't post because when they go to post, they've read 4-5 pages of a topic and see that most of what they want to say has been covered. I don't know if most people are getting a "burn" so to speak, as much as they are just opting to spend their time elsewhere.

As for the "cooks" statement. Yeah, didn't think it through that much :). I was going for that fact that if most of us keep on going on about the same thing (adding more and more salt) its going to make the topic less interesting for others (bitter taste) as everything is going to be re-read for the most part.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

CorranHorn wrote:Lets do it to it capt'n.

The "sit and watch and burn" aspect of your analogy doesn't really work with a hockey board because I don't think anything negative comes from not posting due to volume. Again I think that most people don't post because when they go to post, they've read 4-5 pages of a topic and see that most of what they want to say has been covered. I don't know if most people are getting a "burn" so to speak, as much as they are just opting to spend their time elsewhere.

As for the "cooks" statement. Yeah, didn't think it through that much :). I was going for that fact that if most of us keep on going on about the same thing (adding more and more salt) its going to make the topic less interesting for others (bitter taste) as everything is going to be re-read for the most part.
fair enough....My point was that maybe just maybe its fun and insightful to jump in..regardless of the traffic.

it also can confirm a feeling a poster has with many other opinions..its nice to see that mine/yours/whoevers is thought by someone else also..

anyways i hope they all including you post more post alot post smart but above all else...have some fun while doing it..
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

rats19 wrote:
fair enough....My point was that maybe just maybe its fun and insightful to jump in..regardless of the traffic.

it also can confirm a feeling a poster has with many other opinions..its nice to see that mine/yours/whoevers is thought by someone else also..

anyways i hope they all including you post more post alot post smart but above all else...have some fun while doing it..

I never really thought of affirming another posters post as "nice" but I like looking at it that way.

You inspired me...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Stay away from pools with swim up bars.

Folks will sit in the pool drinking at the bar all day and never once leave their seat.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

Topper wrote:

Folks will sit in the pool drinking at the bar all day and never once leave their seat.
Yeah people Grabnering at same thing over and over and singing Ballards of sweet nothing.

I hear ya
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

CorranHorn wrote:
Topper wrote:

Yeah people Grabnering at same thing over and over and singing Ballards of sweet nothing.

I hear ya
There you go...thats awesome stuff right there..
Last edited by rats19 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

I was just thinking as well looking at the TOPIC of the thread... Hijacking, gotta lure some people away from posting no rats?