GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

old calamari
CC Veteran

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Post by old calamari »

the sharks sure like running their mouths off at other teams lately then lose to said teams. i loved bieksa big shit eating grin as he was being interviewed after the game on how much the sharks players hated the canucks.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

old calamari wrote:the sharks sure like running their mouths off at other teams lately then lose to said teams. i loved bieksa big shit eating grin as he was being interviewed after the game on how much the sharks players hated the canucks.
Did anyone see Thornton's slash on Burrows? It looked pretty bad. I can see the Sharks hate the Canucks, especially the big crying baby, Thornton. In his whole career, he only had one good playoff series but still lost to the Canucks in 5 games... :lol:
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Thornton is an idiot.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

IMO you've got to run with Schneider - there is no valid reason not to.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_19 ... e=autofeed#

Maybe someone else posted this already but the Sharks sure do hate us something fierce! We must be their BlackCocks or something....Wow
When I was younger everybody hated the Coilers during their peak. I remember labels like "goal sucks" and "cheap shot artists" being thrown about by bitterly jealous fans so I think all this negative press can empower the team to close ranks and become stronger mentally.
If you need air...call it in
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Ballard's confidence/composure continues to improve. He & Alberts were a team best +2.

Edler's injury gave us the Ballard/Salo pair in the 3rd. An intriguing possibility for Columbus & maybe Nash/Cgy.
Alberts/Sulzer could be interesting as well. :look:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote:http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_19 ... e=autofeed#

Maybe someone else posted this already but the Sharks sure do hate us something fierce! We must be their BlackCocks or something....Wow
When I was younger everybody hated the Coilers during their peak. I remember labels like "goal sucks" and "cheap shot artists" being thrown about by bitterly jealous fans so I think all this negative press can empower the team to close ranks and become stronger mentally.
its good how you point the old Oilers out and I can add another one, the 70's Habs, a lot of what is being said about the Canucks was said about the Habs. when you are dominating like the Canucks did last year you aren't making many friends.
I do think the diving is a newer complaint but I bet there is a correlation between the increase in diving and the increase in the number of Europeans now in the league and the connection to football where diving is just part of the game.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

clem wrote:Ballard's confidence/composure continues to improve. He & Alberts were a team best +2.
Team America looked good on the 3rd goal.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

dhabums wrote:
clem wrote:Ballard's confidence/composure continues to improve. He & Alberts were a team best +2.
In this case, 6 Yanks on ice for the Canucks = 1 goal for us.

Is the organization at risk of a foreign take over ? ;)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ukcanuck wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_19 ... e=autofeed#

its good how you point the old Oilers out and I can add another one, the 70's Habs, a lot of what is being said about the Canucks was said about the Habs. when you are dominating like the Canucks did last year you aren't making many friends.
Big difference is the Habs and Oilers won multiple cups when people hated them.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

That's how good we are blob.....we create the hate sans lord stanley..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

clem wrote:
dhabums wrote:

How many goals have been scored in the NHL with 6 Americans on the ice for 1 team?
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Jovocop wrote:Did anyone see Thornton's slash on Burrows? It looked pretty bad. I can see the Sharks hate the Canucks, especially the big crying baby, Thornton. In his whole career, he only had one good playoff series but still lost to the Canucks in 5 games... :lol:
But wasnt he playing hurt? Remember that slash to the foot he took from Franzen in the series before the Canucks?
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

dhabums wrote:
clem wrote:
dhabums wrote:

How many goals have been scored in the NHL with 6 Americans on the ice for 1 team?
Something obscure for a motivated lad, or American colour commentator to research.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Rayxor wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Did anyone see Thornton's slash on Burrows? It looked pretty bad. I can see the Sharks hate the Canucks, especially the big crying baby, Thornton. In his whole career, he only had one good playoff series but still lost to the Canucks in 5 games... :lol:
But wasnt he playing hurt? Remember that slash to the foot he took from Franzen in the series before the Canucks?
Don't worry he was treated for 3rd degree lightsabre burns.