GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Post by dhabums »

12-0 Vancouver, Clowe and Weise fight, Ballard scores and a Canuck gets a major for spearing.

CANUCKS (12-9-1) at SHARKS (13-5-1)

TV: CBC, CSN-California (HD)

Last 10: Vancouver 6-4-0; San Jose 7-2-1

Season Series: This is the first of four meetings between last season's Western Conference finalists. The Canucks won tht series in five games, but it took two overtimes and 54 saves from goalie Roberto Luongo in the decisive game to do so. Two regular-season meetings went to shootouts in 2010-11, with Vancouver and San Jose winning one each.

Big Story: Both teams are enter HP Pavilion on winning streaks -- Vancouver has won three straight, San Jose four -- that suggest they are rounding into form. Saturday's game should be a stern test for two of the West's hottest teams.

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Before losing 100 bucks everytime on this oddset you can sent me the amount via paypal every gameday.... :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Cookie La Rue wrote:Before losing 100 bucks everytime on this oddset you can sent me the amount via paypal every gameday.... :mrgreen:
The transaction fees would kill me.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I'm somewhat surprised to see Schneider getting the start. I'm only going to assume it's because Luongo isn't ready to go yet.....I mean, obviously AV wouldn't ride the hot goalie right now in favor of Louie. :roll:
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

AV is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't when it comes to some people.

If he starts Schneider he shouldn't be be doing so because it's back to back games and sheltering Luongo.

If he starts Luongo, he is being disrespectful to Schneider and his hot play. etc etc etc

Personally, I start Schneider given he is focused and on his game.

Anyways...this is a big 2 points to get in the eyes of the media and hockey fan bases everywhere. 2 points puts them in the thick of everything. Conference leads, division leads, home ice advantage etc etc. Essentially a win tonight and they have erased the so-called terrible start....with 59 games left to play :lol:

Of course if they don't get the 2 points it just means that they'll be 55 games left when we can say those things are achieved.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Pleasantly surprised the ginger is getting the start tonight. Halleluja. Will the new goalie cheer at Rogers be Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh instead of Luoooooooooooo?

Raymond is ready to go but will be a game time decision.

I have a great feeling about tonight after last night's performance. The boys will be pumped to play San Jose. An excellent test tonight.

A win tonight and the bandwagon will begin to fill up. A loss and it'll be more of the same from the media and bedwetters.

5-3 Canucks with the new second line leading the way.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

tantalum wrote:AV is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't when it comes to some people.

If he starts Schneider he shouldn't be be doing so because it's back to back games and sheltering Luongo.
Heh it seems like the Lu bashers are upset about choice to start ginger.

Seems some folks want Lu to have the tougher start in the hopes that he gets shelled and they can come back with Schneider against the Jackets.

Anyway... Schneider is the right choice, he's playing great, and who knows what Lu will be like after sitting for 2-weeks.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

herb wrote:Pleasantly surprised the ginger is getting the start tonight. Halleluja. Will the new goalie cheer at Rogers be Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh instead of Luoooooooooooo?

Roooooooooouge!

I am all for the Ginger start.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

This is a great move by AV. Lets see what Ginger really is made of. If he is the real deal starter type then he should have no problem with back to backs.

He is on a roll and playing very good hockey right now but no one is under any illusions that Luongo will lose the starters job. As long as Ginger keeps up the good play it gives Luongo more days to rest and nurse his upper/lower/mid body injury. But I doubt we should see this as the end of Luongo's days as our number one. He will be back between the pipes soon enough but for now this is the right move. One we would not have seen last season. Perhaps the Luongo inconsistencies are finally being taken seriously by AV and MG. He is on a short leash me thinks.

But for the Lou haters don't get your hopes up. He is still our number one and will be again soon enough. But on the trade front, does this mean Cory is really showcasing his value?
The only HW the Canucks need
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Nice bounceback shift by our 2nd line.

We were super super scrambly during a brief period and we paid for it with Murray's goal.

Our 2nd line completely took the Shark's momentum and turned it against them. David Booth is so much stronger than Mason Raymond and Higgins is a beast. I really like this Amex line. They got grit, they got speed and they got scoring power.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

And the Sharks come back and terrorize the Sedins in our end.... ugh.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Thorton line just killing the Sedin line, Av needs to get away from that match up.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boy, was the ice tilted in the first period. Our D is a concern when teams pour it on.

Please tell me, what the fuck good is having this Weise guy around?

Volpatti is too nice of a guy to be a good fighter, he lacks a mean streak. I think he's actually a good fighter, I don't think he realizes how good he can be, he's just not nasty enough in the attitude department.

Whats up with the Sedins this year? I sure hope the last two years weren't their peak years.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Satellite cam...Wtf..
As seen from space station...
Hubblevision
Last edited by rats19 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

Booth having a good game.