GDT: Nov 25 Canucks @ Coyotes

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT: Nov 25 Canucks @ Coyotes

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:54 am

Potatoe1 wrote:He forechecks hard, takes the body, drives the net, and takes a hit to make a play.

So curious, Booth was beaten to the outside last night a couple times, lost a few puck battles which I have grown to expect from him every game now and does that Pavel Bure hovering close to the centre ice hoping to get a breakaway pass. The guy has no effort on the defensive side of things and is pretty much clueless at that part of the game. Do you completely disregard his pathetic play on defense and away from the puck?

A couple games back I made a point of watching him on one shift in the defensive zone just to see what is wrong with this guy, he went completely kiddie corner from his position on the wing where he is suppose to be marking the point-man, to a part of the defensive zone, Chris Higgins area, a place he had no reason for being there in the first place, leaving his point man totally unmarked. Of course the puck finds its way to the unmarked D-man cause of bonehead Booth's wanderings leaving Chris Higgins scrambling to his wrong side of the ice to make up for Booth's airheadedness to block the point-mans shot. It was comical to say the least.

I'm not even going to touch on the area where Booth completely goes blind when he has the puck, can't make a play to save his soul, and is completely lost at reading build ups in play at the offensive end of the ice.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Tiger » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:05 am

Keslers BACK :) great game.. Schneider looking better as a Lou replacement.. Booth going to the dirty areas just fine . PP only real weak part of this game.. Team looks like it has finally come together, even if its against 2 weak opponents.. Lets hope AV gives Schneider a shot at the shutout record..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Potatoe1 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:07 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:He forechecks hard, takes the body, drives the net, and takes a hit to make a play.

So curious, Booth was beaten to the outside last night a couple times, lost a few puck battles which I have grown to expect from him every game now and does that Pavel Bure hovering close to the centre ice hoping to get a breakaway pass. The guy has no effort on the defensive side of things and is pretty much clueless at that part of the game. Do you completely disregard his pathetic play on defense and away from the puck?

I have been very critical of Booths defensive game, I did not however see much to complain about last night.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Previous

Return to Game Day Forum