GDT: Nov 25 Canucks @ Coyotes

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Nov 25 Canucks @ Coyotes

Post by clem »

Lappy = awesome.
newcanuckfan
CC Veteran

Post by newcanuckfan »

Maybe not the most exciting game, but Canucks have had the workboots on again which is great to see.

Looking a bit more like last year when they piled up the wins around this time.

Lapierre looking great again...the guy just seems so dialled in to his role and enjoying every minute.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Umm...

There is no way we can trade Ginger....

Seriously. This guy is a blue (and red) chipper.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

That was fun.

Time to go for a refreshment.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

clem wrote:That was fun.

Time to go for a refreshment.
Wrong. You have the refreshment during the game.

At this rate dabums is going to need a reverse mortgage.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Total white wash tonight, their goalie kept them in early but once the puck started going in it didn't stop.

-Second line basically won the game tonight. Just all over the puck, won ever battle, got a ton of shots, and gave up nothing in their own end. I doubt they played more then 60 seconds in their own zone until after the game was over.

-Tonight it was pretty obvious what Gillis was after with the Booth acquisition. Booth looked good with Kesler, won a ton of battles, had a ton of shots, and scored a goal. More importantly however Booth spent a ton of time in the trenches and ultimately got his goal from there. The Canucks were woefully lacking in the secondary scoring this playoff but more importantly they were lacking guys who could get to the inside and score from there.

-Kesler looked like that Star that he is.

-Edler didn't get a point tonight but he played a hell of a game. He was physical, great defensively, and created a ton of offence. Easily one of his better games.

-On the negative Alberts was just a train wreck and looks almost unplayable right now.

-Nice to see Schneider get the shut out. didn't have a lot to do but obviously made the save he needed to make. Lu may play tomorow but I would expect Cory back in on Tuesday.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

There were just as many if not more Canucks fans at Jobing.com tonight. It was amazing to see. Taking up about 4-5 sections of the arena was pretty damn cool. Lots of blue, green and white.

Apparently I was on Sportsnet because I was sitting right beside the Phx penalty box according to my twitter followers and the awesome Mr.LB.

Lots of Yotes fans commenting oh how well the Canucks skate and their team looks like a bunch of beer leaguers trying to keep up. As much as they love Aucoin in Glendale, they saw Salo's shot and were blown away, even the one that rocked the glass behind Smith and of course his goal.

Great to see some of the other guys scoring. Hopefully the Sedins turn it on for the Sharks tomorrow. Good game for the many Canucks faithful at Jobing.com arena.

Canucks stayed at the same hotel I did, and they seemed really relaxed today. Talked to Manny Malholtra and thanked him for his awesome contribution to a charity event I hosted a month ago, what a class act he is.

Met up with a few Canucks fans that came down on a Canucks and Flight Centre road trip program. I ended up having a few with Dave Babych and Rod Brathwaite as well as my two friends that work for the Canucks social media program and sales department.

Great time had by all that was supporting the Orcas. The desert dogs had no chance tonight, the better team dominated. Let's hope this keeps up for a while.

I recommend for those that haven't done so yet, take the trip to Phoenix to watch the boys. Money well spent.

PS: I love Max Lapierre...such a great fit for this team.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Perfect.
Hono_rary Canadian
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Hank wrote:Team America Fuck Yeah!
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Mondi wrote: The only difference between Vancouver and first place is a few OTLs. I cannot stand the early season prognosticators that try to extrapolate positions from first quarters stats. Or raise some stupid stat about American Thanksgiving and making the playoffs.
Well put. Currently, we are #2 in the NHL for real wins. We are also only 1 win behind the league leading teams. The panic and hysteria is stupid, but fun to read.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ginger making a case for goalie of the future NOW.

Hodgson quietly getting more points

Kesler/Higgins/Booth looking like the line we wanted/needed/hoped for/expected/prayed for/ INSERT

Ballard solid except for one glaring bone head giveaway. I was surprised he wasn't benched for the rest of the game for that one.

Lappy another great game. Speaking of deadline day acquisitions are there any two better pick ups than Lappy and Higgins?

Raymond ready to play! Wow that was fast. Does he dress tomorrow or go to Chicago for a few games or just start at home?
The only HW the Canucks need
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Hockey Widow wrote: Raymond ready to play! Wow that was fast. Does he dress tomorrow or go to Chicago for a few games or just start at home?
I assume he'll be close to 100% before he gets out there. If not, I'd don't think SJ is the best way to get started.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Potatoe1 wrote: -Tonight it was pretty obvious what Gillis was after with the Booth acquisition. Booth looked good with Kesler, won a ton of battles, had a ton of shots, and scored a goal. More importantly however Booth spent a ton of time in the trenches and ultimately got his goal from there. The Canucks were woefully lacking in the secondary scoring this playoff but more importantly they were lacking guys who could get to the inside and score from there.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoooooooaaaaa easy there big fella, you are like trigger happy whenever the stars seemingly align for knucklehead Booth there, that line was all Kesler and only Kesler do not give credit where credit is certainly not due, the other two just held on for dear life, while Germania Kesler went all Gestapo last night. Booth slapped at a puck that luckily found its way through a crease that was busier than Central Station, a play set up by non-other than Herr Kesler. I have yet to see anything resembling a nifty little skill set from this 4.5 million dollar man. He ain't no Steve Austin. With Booth, the light is on but nobody is home except for some white bearded man in a white gown holding on to a golden staff floating on a cloud reading the ten commandments as lightning crashes all around him and little angels with wings flutter away. All tools but no tool box to put 'em in, plain and simple.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

RoyalDude wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote: -Tonight it was pretty obvious what Gillis was after with the Booth acquisition. Booth looked good with Kesler, won a ton of battles, had a ton of shots, and scored a goal. More importantly however Booth spent a ton of time in the trenches and ultimately got his goal from there. The Canucks were woefully lacking in the secondary scoring this playoff but more importantly they were lacking guys who could get to the inside and score from there.
I have yet to see anything resembling a nifty little skill set from this 4.5 million dollar man.
He doesn't need to be "nifty", he needs to forecheck, win puck battles, drive the net, and score goals from the trenches.

He did all those things last night and if he continues to do them, no one should be complaining.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Complete domination.

It's as well as a team can play on the road, and they just outpaced and outworked a strong defensive team in their own barn.

The difference was obvious, it was having a stout second line lead by Kesler. When Kes plays at the top of his game and the Sedins do their thing, this team is really tough to beat.

How great is it that we have Higgins signed for another year at $1.9M? The way he's playing with and without the puck, and the goal scoring pace he's on, that deal he signed will be a huge bargain.

Much to the chagrin of RD, Booth did have a strong game. Kesler played a big part in that, but typically when your star centre plays well, it makes the wingers better too. Booth still has a ways to go and can be even better.

Gotta ride the Schneid again tonight vs San Jose. He didn't need to be spectacular, but he looks locked in a made some difficult saves look easy.

The defense is looking much better moving the puck up on the tape despite the terrible ice. Edler with a strong physical game, but all the d-men, maybe with the exception of Alberts, were moving the puck well.

Did they replace Salo's Achillies with Zeus's leg?