GDT: Nov 25 Canucks @ Coyotes

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

GDT: Nov 25 Canucks @ Coyotes

Post by herb »

YOUR Vancouver Canucks (11-9-1) @ the Phoenix Coyotes (11-6-3)

TV: 6pm PST on Rogers Sportsnet Pacific

Rome is out, Ballard is in and Bieksa is a game time decision. Sulzer will play if the turnover machine can't. Mason Raymond is not in the lineup yet.

Schneider gets the start in game one of a back to back. This will be his career high fourth straight start.

The Canucks have scored first in 10 of their last 11 games while the Coyotes have allowed the fewest first period goals in the NHL (9).

Can the Canucks build on possibly their best effort of the season thus far? Vancouver won both meetings in Glendale last year. Let's win this one and get on a bit of a roll.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Nov 25 Canucks @ Coyotes

Post by Meds »

A win tonight will jump the Canucks up into the top 8. Tied in points with both Detroit and Phoenix but ultimately behind them as both teams will have a game in hand.

At this point in the season it's time to start getting the wheels turning and winning games that are going to mean something, even if it's just in the short term. Zooming out a little we see that they are in the first of a back-to-back weekend, and if they can win them both (and if Anaheim and Toronto can do Vancouver a favor tonight) the Canucks could wake up Sunday morning sitting in a 3-way point's tie for 2nd place in the West.

Two things about this are simple not encouraging.....

1) Hoping for either of those teams to do Vancouver a favor.

2) These games actually mean something, so they'll probably fold like a pocket deuces on a flush draw flop.

If they win tonight we'll see them choke tomorrow, if they lose tonight we will watch them destroy the Sharks tomorrow because then there will be nothing really to gain in San Jose.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Now that the first quarter of the season is in the books, I am looking and hoping for the club to pull their collective head out of their collective ass and begin playing like the president trophy winners they are. we got too much skill, determination, heart, and drive to languish around any more.
Up till now I can see giving a competitor like Kesler a break for being heart broken and coming back from injury, but that was then and now its beginning to be a case of what have you done for me lately? Without some spark to prove there is still a champion heart beating in there, people are going to begin to forget and or start to believe it was all just smoke and mirrors last year.
its beginning to be time to answer the question are they men or are they mice, will they go meekly into the night or will they start living up to their most hated team in hockey rep?
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Watching this at a new bar in the neighborhood. Hope they have lots of bigscreens.

So when Raymond comes back is this what a healthy forward group will look like?

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Booth
Raymond Hodgson Hansen
Malhotra Lapierre Weise/Bitz

On paper that's a pretty stacked lineup. Especially when the second line gets going. Notice I said when, not if...

Sucks paying a fourth-line winger 2.5 million but my expectations for Manny are so dashed at this point I'd be happy if he can just be a steady presence there and contribute on the PK.
Without some spark to prove there is still a champion heart beating in there, people are going to begin to forget and or start to believe it was all just smoke and mirrors last year.

Not to worry, given the steady improvements and accomplishments this team has accrued over the last three seasons only a complete idiot would chalk last season's success up to smoke and mirrors.
If they win tonight we'll see them choke tomorrow, if they lose tonight we will watch them destroy the Sharks tomorrow because then there will be nothing really to gain in San Jose.
Wut.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Canucks win 7-1, Schneider with an assist, Sulzer with a goal and Burrows in a fight.

clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

The on ice chemistry between Ballard & steady Sulzer was developing.
Hope to see more of it.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

^^^ Don't forget it's Auger. That explains everything.

As long as Campbell remains in charge of referees, and Auger retains his job - the NHL makes me angry.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Ballard on the right side so that Alberts can be comfortable on the left. :scowl:
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

I find Kesler's stick tapping annoying.

I would imagine his teammates do as well.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

It sounds good when he shoots like that.

Nice shot/goal.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

clem wrote:It sounds good when he shoots like that.

Nice shot/goal.
LOL. Great shot. No beaver tap req'd.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Team America Fuck Yeah!
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

Praise Jesus!
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Booth and Kesler with what will hopefully be slump busting goals.

Daniel needs to get one now.

Booth-Kesler-Higgins line looking like it might be developing some chemistry.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Ballard has looked good, in spite of playing with the pylon.

Good sticks to deflect shots/passes, coverred for his partner on the shot 3' in front of Corey, playing within himself.

Not so physical when on the right side though.