TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Per » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:20 am

Hate reality shows with a passion. Where do they find all all these brain dead people anyway? :evil:

Will watch another episode of True Blood tonight.

Oh Soo-kie!
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Arachnid » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Per wrote:Hate reality shows with a passion. Where do they find all all these brain dead people anyway? :evil:

Will watch another episode of True Blood tonight.

Oh Soo-kie!


Ummm....excuuuuuuuse meeeee the Swedes invented them.....Bride of Chuckie :twisted:
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4944
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby CFP! » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:51 pm

Yah it was a shitty start for the guys, but when you miss a lease payment you aren't guaranteed anything.

They actually pulled up 8 oz in an hour after the cleanout. Then they were told to piss off. LOL.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Per » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:47 am

Arachnid wrote:
Per wrote:Hate reality shows with a passion. Where do they find all all these brain dead people anyway? :evil:

Will watch another episode of True Blood tonight.

Oh Soo-kie!


Ummm....excuuuuuuuse meeeee the Swedes invented them.....Bride of Chuckie :twisted:

Well.... not entirely true. I think the first reality show (that I know of at least) was Real World MTV, which I suppose was American. The Swedes were first to bring it to prime time with Robinson (the American version is called Survivor), but the concept was bought from an Irish/British production company owned by Bob Geldof and Charlie Parsons. So I guess there are lot of people that could be blamed... :roll:

Btw, I'm going to qualify my earlier post; The Amazing Race is actually rather entertaining.
Not my favourite show, but much better than the other reality show crap, and thus I do not hate The Amazing Race.
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Arachnid » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:25 am

Per wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Per wrote:Hate reality shows with a passion. Where do they find all all these brain dead people anyway? :evil:

Will watch another episode of True Blood tonight.

Oh Soo-kie!


Ummm....excuuuuuuuse meeeee the Swedes invented them.....Bride of Chuckie :twisted:

Well.... not entirely true. I think the first reality show (that I know of at least) was Real World MTV, which I suppose was American. The Swedes were first to bring it to prime time with Robinson (the American version is called Survivor), but the concept was bought from an Irish/British production company owned by Bob Geldof and Charlie Parsons. So I guess there are lot of people that could be blamed... :roll:

Btw, I'm going to qualify my earlier post; The Amazing Race is actually rather entertaining.
Not my favourite show, but much better than the other reality show crap, and thus I do not hate The Amazing Race.


Yeah, I was thinking of Robinson/Survivor which is what started the whole disgusting trend.

All Reality shows, including Amazing are shyte. Fake Drama bitches :evil:


They are quick fast and sleazy, that's why they make them, it's like taking a quick fix pill to treat a symptom, which is to distract the masses from any real problems they are avoiding).

Give me PBS/TVO or a good Doc (not the fundamentalist kind 8-) ) anytime over primetime anything (except Breaking Bad, Sapranos...).

Well, there was that Playboy channel reality show 7 Lives Xposed.... :drink:
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4944
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Per » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:10 am

Arachnid wrote:Give me PBS/TVO or a good Doc (not the fundamentalist kind 8-) ) anytime over primetime anything (except Breaking Bad, Sapranos...).

Sapranos...? Is that a series about overly emotional mobsters in NJ? :wink:
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Rumsfeld » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:50 am

For any Gold Rush fans, from now on try reading Topper posts in this guy's voice. It gives a whole new perspective.

Image

And True Blood is garbage.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby ODB » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:39 am

For anyone interested...

HBO Canada is re-airing The Wire. Season one premier is Dec 15th!

If you haven't seen it..... It’s the best drama ever made! Better than the Soprano's by a bunch.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:17 pm

ODB wrote:For anyone interested...

HBO Canada is re-airing The Wire. Season one premier is Dec 15th!

If you haven't seen it..... It’s the best drama ever made! Better than the Soprano's by a bunch.


Agreed 100%. I've downloaded all 5 seasons and have watched them all twice.
2011..... the one that got away.
User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Potatoe1 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:22 pm

ODB wrote:For anyone interested...

HBO Canada is re-airing The Wire. Season one premier is Dec 15th!

If you haven't seen it..... It’s the best drama ever made! Better than the Soprano's by a bunch.


Loved the wire, but I think I enjoyed Breaking Bad even more.

BTW Walking dead finally got good.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Corb » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:30 pm

Breaking Bad is the best series I've seen since the Sopranos. I'm looking for a new show, so I'll try the Wire.
User avatar
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:18 am

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby LotusBlossom » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:
ODB wrote:For anyone interested...

HBO Canada is re-airing The Wire. Season one premier is Dec 15th!

If you haven't seen it..... It’s the best drama ever made! Better than the Soprano's by a bunch.


Loved the wire, but I think I enjoyed Breaking Bad even more.

BTW Walking dead finally got good.


Yes, freaking Shane!

I hope they live up to that mid-season cliffhanger in Feb.
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby BladesofSteel » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Corb wrote:Breaking Bad is the best series I've seen since the Sopranos. I'm looking for a new show, so I'll try the Wire.

You won't be disappointed.
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby ODB » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:44 pm

When I joined the Corner Brian gave me the look! He remembered me... I have a reputation of some sort. I told him I was a changed man. You want proof... I'm going down to my home theater to watch Handy Manny with my kid!

Image

Peace!

BTW, I still miss creeper...........
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Mr.Miyagi » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:18 am

LotusBlossom wrote:
Yes, freaking Shane!

I hope they live up to that mid-season cliffhanger in Feb.


Oh wow that is torturous to make me wait that long! What a great show! Just when it seemed it was coming to a crawl .... BAM! They rocked me again!

I hate cliffhangers! :evil:
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
User avatar
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

PreviousNext

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests