NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Post by LotusBlossom »

Hank wrote:LB, what did you think of Tebow time?

Hawks are starting some guy named Charlie who's been hanging around since 2006? Sigh.
LOL He's a run-crazy QB but I like him. Anything is better than Orton at this point.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I'd rather go to church than watch tebow
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hoss
CC Rookie

Post by Hoss »

Love the Seahawks nostalgia on here!

John L, Kenny Easley, Curt Warner. Bringing back memories of my old man and I skipping out on church to watch the games on Sunday. Those goddamn Broncos (although my dad is from Port Angeles and always bragged about how Elway was, in fact, born in P.A.)... then mom coming home and giving us the silent treatment because we failed to fulfill our spiritual duties.

Nothing quite broke my heart like the fucking travesty of Febuary '06. I've never seen a game look so rigged. Last June was a close second. The Northwest gets no breaks from the pigs in black and white.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

A thought on the Colts. I know Manning is an integral part of their team, but what is going on with them losing EVERY game?! There is a defensive side of the game as well. I just can't believe how awful they have been since Peyton went down.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

LB, how does a guy who only completes 2 passes ALL game still get a win?!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Giants and Ravens, what Luck.

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Hank wrote:LB, how does a guy who only completes 2 passes ALL game still get a win?!
I'm boggled. Tebow makes me laugh more than anything. I look at the kid's arms and I question why he doesn't use them in a game more...the bigger question is, I wonder what John Elway thinks as he watches all this from the Skybox. lol

He made 8 attempts and he completed 2. One of them to Decker (which was a beauty). The guy (Tebow)has more rushing yards than some RB's in the rest of the league in the last few weeks.

I don't think they will do well on Thursday vs the Jets.

Matchup: Dirty Sanchez vs Crazy Legs Tebow.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Yeah it's pretty funny to think the coach has only enough confidence to call EIGHT passing plays the entire game for him... and yet T-BO gets an insane 102.6 QB rating from TWO pass completions! I think the rating system is just a wee bit flawed. If I'm a receiver, I don't even bother practicing the whole week.

I'm sure Elway is up in the box whinnying his ass off at the kid's 3-1 record as a starter.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:I'd rather go to church than watch tebow
Why do I get the feeling that if you went to church all the crucifixes would swing upside down and the holy water would start boiling in the font? :devil:
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Hank wrote:Yeah it's pretty funny to think the coach has only enough confidence to call EIGHT passing plays the entire game for him... and yet T-BO gets an insane 102.6 QB rating from TWO pass completions! I think the rating system is just a wee bit flawed. If I'm a receiver, I don't even bother practicing the whole week.

I'm sure Elway is up in the box whinnying his ass off at the kid's 3-1 record as a starter.
After seeing him play a few games and sure he has won (through nothing he's done that is 'good') Tim Tebow is not an NFL QB. Suit him up in the backfield and making him an RB but he is not what an NFL QB is all about. He runs almost as much as Doug Flutie, but Flutie could throw when it counted.

Sure Elway will take the wins, but we're talking about a guy who has won 2 Superbowls and has been known for his arm as a QB in his day. Seeing the abomination of the position in Denver must not be an easy pill to swallow.

I love the Broncos, always have and always will, but man Tebow drives me nuts.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Hank wrote:Yeah it's pretty funny to think the coach has only enough confidence to call EIGHT passing plays the entire game for him... and yet T-BO gets an insane 102.6 QB rating from TWO pass completions! I think the rating system is just a wee bit flawed. If I'm a receiver, I don't even bother practicing the whole week.

After seeing him play a few games and sure he has won (through nothing he's done that is 'good') Tim Tebow is not an NFL QB. Suit him up in the backfield and making him an RB but he is not what an NFL QB is all about. He runs almost as much as Doug Flutie, but Flutie could throw when it counted.

Sure Elway will take the wins, but we're talking about a guy who has won 2 Superbowls and has been known for his arm as a QB in his day. Seeing the abomination of the position in Denver must not be an easy pill to swallow.

I love the Broncos, always have and always will, but man Tebow drives me nuts.
I guess it could be worse for a Broncos fan... Kyle Orton could still be your QB! Who knows, maybe we'll see Tebow down on one knee in the CFL one day.

As for Flutie, I always thought if given a chance in the NFL earlier, he would have had a pretty good career... much better than the long list of recent high draft busts who have flamed out. He could of been the Marty St. Louis of the NFL.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Big eater of the Flutie Flakes..lol Always been a fan.

I agree, if he was given a real chance when he was younger, I am sure he would have had a great career in the NFL.

His tenure with Buffalo showed what he could do. Imagine if father time was more on his side.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

And Tebow does it again! WTF is going on? I'm happy for my team but even I'll be honest about this whole Tebow thing...it's ridiculous.

Someone bought me a Tebow shirt because I was Broncos fan this past summer. I cut the crew neck, made it a 'Flashdance' shirt and sleep in it. Since I've been sleeping in it, my boys and Tebow have been winning. Hmmm...
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Oh No he did-int!

Lol! I kept a Malhotra on this game wondering what the golden child would pull out of the bag this week. Not very impressive stats going into the final drive but WTF?! He took it Elway into the end zone. It was in God's plans! The man looked pretty happy in the skybox.

LB, you need to start sleeping with Kesler and Booth (jerseys) to get this team going.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hank wrote:LB, you need to start sleeping with Kesler and Booth (jerseys) to get this team going.
because it worked so well for Holden.

Timothy couldn't throw a pass it Christ's life depended on it.