Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Post by Topper »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Nope, I just gave him straight As even when his work was kind of shitty. After my assignment for some odd reason, I found a pair of club seat tixs in my mailbox. :D
Cool, I didn't realize the seal hunt was a spectator sport.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
GoalieDad
CC Rookie

Post by GoalieDad »

Yeah, what has happened to David Pratt. I very much enjoyed his shtik, thought he and taylor were an entertaining tandem. Any word on where Pratt is, or is headed? Was it just a money thing?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

GoalieDad wrote:Yeah, what has happened to David Pratt. I very much enjoyed his shtik, thought he and taylor were an entertaining tandem. Any word on where Pratt is, or is headed? Was it just a money thing?
He held out for more cashola and lost the gamble. There doesn't seem to be too much sympathy for leather pants as he has questionable ethics, but I agree with you he was/is entertaining at least...As a matter of fact, he seems to be one of only a few broadcast journalists who consistently stuck his finger up to the FEBs which gives him style points in my book.

In a lot of ways I think he is like Don Cherry, his schitk makes more enemies than friends
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I had Shorthouse's kid in my class last year for a couple days. 8-)
His father is a customer of mine, also named Tom.

The whole thing reminded me of why you should never name your kids after yourself.
Ropesauce
CC Rookie

Post by Ropesauce »

GoalieDad wrote: Yeah, what has happened to David Pratt.Was it just a money thing?
Nope,purely a talent thing
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

They should really just chuck almost all of the "talent" at 1040 and just start from fucking scratch.

I hated Pratt and his endless windbag soap-boxing (FFS, if I want an opinion on bike-lanes or Sopranos episodes, wtf makes you think I'm gonna get it from a sports station?), but even canning him can't save the station from its dreadful decline.

It's good for during game coverage. Period. Otherwise, forget it. Done with the TEAM.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

wienerdog wrote:They should really just chuck almost all of the "talent" at 1040 and just start from fucking scratch.

I hated Pratt and his endless windbag soap-boxing (FFS, if I want an opinion on bike-lanes or Sopranos episodes, wtf makes you think I'm gonna get it from a sports station?), but even canning him can't save the station from its dreadful decline.

It's good for during game coverage. Period. Otherwise, forget it. Done with the TEAM.
Is it wrong of me to vote for Gregor just to piss off Pratt? His head just might explode when Robertson gets in.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Mondi wrote:
dhabums wrote:
wienerdog wrote:They should really just chuck almost all of the "talent" at 1040 and just start from fucking scratch.

Is it wrong of me to vote for Gregor just to piss off Pratt? His head just might explode when Robertson gets in.
Pratt doesn't understand civic politics, he just didn't want a 3 minute delay in his commute from the the radio station to the West End. Now that the issue has resolved itself for Pratt, my guess is that he doesn't give two shits about the election result.

If he doesn't find a new gig, not sure how that's even possible for a guy like Pratt, he might have to make use of said bike lanes.
But Pratt can still blame Robertson for the lack of charges in the riots. That of course makes no sense, but it makes for good radio.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I thought Shorthouse's first name is John? :lol:

Potatoe1 wrote:His father is a customer of mine, also named Tom.

The whole thing reminded me of why you should never name your kids after yourself.