Pet Peeves

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Pet Peeves

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Just wanted to spew some anger and I need somewhere to do it. Feel free to share.

I went to a very well known coffee establishment with some peeps, the place was packed late afternoon. After we bought our expensive coffees and scanned the joint where every seat and table was taken, we noticed that a good number of seats and tables were taken up by students with their homework and laptops out, this seems to be a common sighting for me. The beauty part is, the majority of them just had glasses of water in front of them???? Saw nothing on the tables that looked to have been bought at said establishment to warrant them a seat to sit in the cozy confines of mocha heaven and do their homework and scan the internet on their laptops, IPads while purchasers of expensive coffees stand and admire this. Hmmmm, I made a comment to one of those useless zit-faced, "like, oh my gawd" Baristas and got the "yeah, I know" but not action was taken. This is the problem with corporate coffee houses. Fuckin' hate 'em, yet I still go.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Topper »

Yes BD, clear the leeches out for the paying customers.

A wedge of lemon or lime served in a drink or with a plate of food that still has seeds in it. Fuck you. How much are you charging me? Take the fucking seeds out, I don't need to be straining them through my teeth.

Sprigs of rosemary as a garnish. What am I supposed to do with it? Don't put anything inedible on my plate.

Lime in my beer. I don't drink beer so utterly tasteless that it needs to have a lime stuffed down the neck.

Home made wine. It tastes like a chemical powder from a can. I don't give a shit how much money you save drinking your fermented Kool Aid.

People who drive below the speed limit and do not get out of the way for faster traffic. You are fucking right I will tail gate your ass until you get the fuck out of the way.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Hookers who demand cash payment when you've already supplied them with plenty of blow.

The Koran.

Trolls.

Old angry men who are way too concerned with the presentation of their beverages. Just drink it for fuck's sake, or stay home and make it yourself.

Dudes in spandex pants who frequent coffee shops to stare at college students.

"Western Buddhists" who think they are enlightened but have no idea what the fuck Tibet even used to be like. Oh, and I also can't stand the Dalai Lama and his simpleton carnie show.

Bitches who yack on their cell phones at the top of their lungs in public. Don't make me toss that thing into traffic. And tell your kids to shut the fuck up when surrounded by bystanders. You don't need to have a running conversation with a shitstained five-year old while we're in the lineup at Future Shop. When I was a kid we knew when to shut the hell up or it was time to pay when Pops got home.

People who bitch about everything.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rumsfeld wrote:
People who bitch about everything.
then stop yer bitchin', bitch.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Rumsfeld wrote: Trolls.
Last edited by Rumsfeld on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rumsfeld wrote:Hookers who demand cash payment when you've already supplied them with plenty of blow.
Depends on where you go, Pooner. You can get a room and hooker on just one flap at the Astoria, Jack.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

The NBA sucks.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: Trolls.
Then you must be a 'Shining Example' of Social Networking.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

RoyalDude wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Hookers who demand cash payment when you've already supplied them with plenty of blow.
Depends on where you go, Pooner. You can get a room and hooker on just one flap at the Astoria, Jack.
I was joking of course. Not to discredit your extensive experience inside the Astoria, but I think there's about as good a chance of finding a girl there who snorts coke as there is of finding one with her original teeth and a negative Hep-C test.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rumsfeld wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
I was joking of course. Not to discredit your extensive experience inside the Astoria, but I think there's about as good a chance of finding a girl there who snorts coke as there is of finding one with her original teeth and a negative Hep-C test.
true enough, don't forget the face full of impetigo. But if you don't want to have to pay for the services of a hooker when you have supplied all the charlie then you may have to lower your hooker standards a little.

BTW, I'm joking as well.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

RoyalDude wrote:true enough, don't forget the face full of impetigo. But if you don't want to have to pay for the services of a hooker when you have supplied all the charlie then you may have to lower your hooker standards a little.
:lol:
BTW, I'm joking as well.
Riiiiight. Uh huh.

Have a fun weekend, peeps.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mason Raymond.
____
Try to focus on someday.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Goalie controversies.

Gas prices despite oil prices.

Trades wages on Vancouver Island.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Religion and Republicans, sorry...same thing.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

The only thing I hate more than going to the can just to find that one of my kids has left a big greasy turd waiting for me is going to the can just to find that one of my kids has left a big greasy turd for me and there is no toilet paper in the bowl to go along with it.
2011..... the one that got away.