TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Per » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:20 am

Hate reality shows with a passion. Where do they find all all these brain dead people anyway? :evil:

Will watch another episode of True Blood tonight.

Oh Soo-kie!
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2839
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Arachnid » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Per wrote:Hate reality shows with a passion. Where do they find all all these brain dead people anyway? :evil:

Will watch another episode of True Blood tonight.

Oh Soo-kie!


Ummm....excuuuuuuuse meeeee the Swedes invented them.....Bride of Chuckie :twisted:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby CFP! » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:51 pm

Yah it was a shitty start for the guys, but when you miss a lease payment you aren't guaranteed anything.

They actually pulled up 8 oz in an hour after the cleanout. Then they were told to piss off. LOL.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Per » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:47 am

Arachnid wrote:
Per wrote:Hate reality shows with a passion. Where do they find all all these brain dead people anyway? :evil:

Will watch another episode of True Blood tonight.

Oh Soo-kie!


Ummm....excuuuuuuuse meeeee the Swedes invented them.....Bride of Chuckie :twisted:

Well.... not entirely true. I think the first reality show (that I know of at least) was Real World MTV, which I suppose was American. The Swedes were first to bring it to prime time with Robinson (the American version is called Survivor), but the concept was bought from an Irish/British production company owned by Bob Geldof and Charlie Parsons. So I guess there are lot of people that could be blamed... :roll:

Btw, I'm going to qualify my earlier post; The Amazing Race is actually rather entertaining.
Not my favourite show, but much better than the other reality show crap, and thus I do not hate The Amazing Race.
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2839
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Arachnid » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:25 am

Per wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Per wrote:Hate reality shows with a passion. Where do they find all all these brain dead people anyway? :evil:

Will watch another episode of True Blood tonight.

Oh Soo-kie!


Ummm....excuuuuuuuse meeeee the Swedes invented them.....Bride of Chuckie :twisted:

Well.... not entirely true. I think the first reality show (that I know of at least) was Real World MTV, which I suppose was American. The Swedes were first to bring it to prime time with Robinson (the American version is called Survivor), but the concept was bought from an Irish/British production company owned by Bob Geldof and Charlie Parsons. So I guess there are lot of people that could be blamed... :roll:

Btw, I'm going to qualify my earlier post; The Amazing Race is actually rather entertaining.
Not my favourite show, but much better than the other reality show crap, and thus I do not hate The Amazing Race.


Yeah, I was thinking of Robinson/Survivor which is what started the whole disgusting trend.

All Reality shows, including Amazing are shyte. Fake Drama bitches :evil:


They are quick fast and sleazy, that's why they make them, it's like taking a quick fix pill to treat a symptom, which is to distract the masses from any real problems they are avoiding).

Give me PBS/TVO or a good Doc (not the fundamentalist kind 8-) ) anytime over primetime anything (except Breaking Bad, Sapranos...).

Well, there was that Playboy channel reality show 7 Lives Xposed.... :drink:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Per » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:10 am

Arachnid wrote:Give me PBS/TVO or a good Doc (not the fundamentalist kind 8-) ) anytime over primetime anything (except Breaking Bad, Sapranos...).

Sapranos...? Is that a series about overly emotional mobsters in NJ? :wink:
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2839
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Rumsfeld » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:50 am

For any Gold Rush fans, from now on try reading Topper posts in this guy's voice. It gives a whole new perspective.

Image

And True Blood is garbage.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby ODB » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:39 am

For anyone interested...

HBO Canada is re-airing The Wire. Season one premier is Dec 15th!

If you haven't seen it..... It’s the best drama ever made! Better than the Soprano's by a bunch.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:17 pm

ODB wrote:For anyone interested...

HBO Canada is re-airing The Wire. Season one premier is Dec 15th!

If you haven't seen it..... It’s the best drama ever made! Better than the Soprano's by a bunch.


Agreed 100%. I've downloaded all 5 seasons and have watched them all twice.
2011..... the one that got away.
User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Potatoe1 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:22 pm

ODB wrote:For anyone interested...

HBO Canada is re-airing The Wire. Season one premier is Dec 15th!

If you haven't seen it..... It’s the best drama ever made! Better than the Soprano's by a bunch.


Loved the wire, but I think I enjoyed Breaking Bad even more.

BTW Walking dead finally got good.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1614
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Corb » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:30 pm

Breaking Bad is the best series I've seen since the Sopranos. I'm looking for a new show, so I'll try the Wire.
User avatar
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:18 am

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby LotusBlossom » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:
ODB wrote:For anyone interested...

HBO Canada is re-airing The Wire. Season one premier is Dec 15th!

If you haven't seen it..... It’s the best drama ever made! Better than the Soprano's by a bunch.


Loved the wire, but I think I enjoyed Breaking Bad even more.

BTW Walking dead finally got good.


Yes, freaking Shane!

I hope they live up to that mid-season cliffhanger in Feb.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby BladesofSteel » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Corb wrote:Breaking Bad is the best series I've seen since the Sopranos. I'm looking for a new show, so I'll try the Wire.

You won't be disappointed.
"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come." -Det. Lester Freamon
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby ODB » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:44 pm

When I joined the Corner Brian gave me the look! He remembered me... I have a reputation of some sort. I told him I was a changed man. You want proof... I'm going down to my home theater to watch Handy Manny with my kid!

Image

Peace!

BTW, I still miss creeper...........
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Mr.Miyagi » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:18 am

LotusBlossom wrote:
Yes, freaking Shane!

I hope they live up to that mid-season cliffhanger in Feb.


Oh wow that is torturous to make me wait that long! What a great show! Just when it seemed it was coming to a crawl .... BAM! They rocked me again!

I hate cliffhangers! :evil:
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
User avatar
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

PreviousNext

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests