TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by herb »

Poor Otis!

I DID NOT see that one coming OD. Shane is one cold hearted mofo. Daryl's still the best though!
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Boardwalk Empire is back to the snails pace last season moved at.

That show needs to figure out what it is. If it's a gangster show they need to spend more time on Gangsters and less time on other boring ass storey lines.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

:lol: stumbled upon this (don't ask me how):

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=2 ... &filter=15

"Watching guidos on Jersey Shore is like watching retards play with legos, you feel bad watching them fuck up and struggle but its just so funny you cant stop."

Hard not to agree!
____
Try to focus on someday.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

The second season of Gold Rush:Alaska starts tomorrow 6pm and 9pm PST on Discovery. I enjoyed the first season, probably more because I know nothing about mining and know more than those Oregon drama queens. BUT, I think I'll get my fill of drama from it this year again.

Terra Nova....still has me. Probably bcs the timeslot doesn't have any competition and of course with Steven Spielberg I am waiting for more than just Jurrasic Future Park.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

CFP! wrote:The second season of Gold Rush:Alaska starts tomorrow 6pm and 9pm PST on Discovery. I enjoyed the first season, probably more because I know nothing about mining and know more than those Oregon drama queens. BUT, I think I'll get my fill of drama from it this year again.
Ha! What a bunch of fuck-ups they are! :D It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Cornuck wrote:
CFP! wrote:The second season of Gold Rush:Alaska starts tomorrow 6pm and 9pm PST on Discovery. I enjoyed the first season, probably more because I know nothing about mining and know more than those Oregon drama queens. BUT, I think I'll get my fill of drama from it this year again.
Ha! What a bunch of fuck-ups they are! :D It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
Is the "off-season" show last night they showed them selling part of the family air strip to buy more machinery.

I really hope it works for them, bcs if it doesn't.....they are all screwed.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I saw one episode of season 1. Unwatchable. It is like jerking off while watching the Special Olympics.

Placer mining is an environmentally reprehensible method of mining. These guys can not and do not put in the necessary controls of their water and waste discharge and are commonly broke before any reclamation is ever thought of.

Placer miners are whack jobs to begin with, these guys give them a bad name. I know one placer miner doing it right in the Cariboo. He is a logger who already owns and has paid off his equipment. He worked out a cheap deal on a claim from down and out park time nugget eyed whacko placer miners. He is industrious, never takes a day off, if he isn't logging, milling lumber in his small custom mill, he's placer mining. Because his gear is paid for, his cost are low and he's a one man show.

Look at those guys, a piece of heavy equipment charges out at $150/hr, that includes the operator and may or may not include fuel. Camp food coasts run $35/man per day. Run a quick number on what these guys need to make to a day just to cover costs. Do they have any test pits to map out a grade distribution on their gravels? Do they have any idea of a daily milling rate they need?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:I saw one episode of season 1. Unwatchable. It is like jerking off while watching the Special Olympics.

Placer mining is an environmentally reprehensible method of mining. These guys can not and do not put in the necessary controls of their water and waste discharge and are commonly broke before any reclamation is ever thought of.

Placer miners are whack jobs to begin with, these guys give them a bad name. I know one placer miner doing it right in the Cariboo. He is a logger who already owns and has paid off his equipment. He worked out a cheap deal on a claim from down and out park time nugget eyed whacko placer miners. He is industrious, never takes a day off, if he isn't logging, milling lumber in his small custom mill, he's placer mining. Because his gear is paid for, his cost are low and he's a one man show.

Look at those guys, a piece of heavy equipment charges out at $150/hr, that includes the operator and may or may not include fuel. Camp food coasts run $35/man per day. Run a quick number on what these guys need to make to a day just to cover costs. Do they have any test pits to map out a grade distribution on their gravels? Do they have any idea of a daily milling rate they need?
*picks his nose and touches his balls while reading TopTops post*

I like to watch fat chicks 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Walking Dead is already getting old for me, the group makes too many stupid decisions for my liking. This whole second season is based on the fact that the dumbass daughter ran off and couldn't find her way back to the vehicles after a 2 minute run from a zombie. Not to mention the fact that the women of the group keep worrying about morals from civilization like not looting cars because they are like graves. Give me a break it's about survival at this point...

Anyone catch Hell on Wheels after Walking Dead? Seems interesting, I'll watch it a couple more times to see where it goes from here.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Benjo wrote:Walking Dead is already getting old for me, the group makes too many stupid decisions for my liking. This whole second season is based on the fact that the dumbass daughter ran off and couldn't find her way back to the vehicles after a 2 minute run from a zombie. Not to mention the fact that the women of the group keep worrying about morals from civilization like not looting cars because they are like graves. Give me a break it's about survival at this point...

Anyone catch Hell on Wheels after Walking Dead? Seems interesting, I'll watch it a couple more times to see where it goes from here.
The graphic novels are a hell of a lot better...Haven't seen HoW yet, I heard Grimm is interesting too...who the hell has time to watch TV? :|
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Topper wrote:I saw one episode of season 1. Unwatchable. It is like jerking off while watching the Special Olympics.

I had an uncle who was a gold miner up in the Yukon. I spent a few summers up in Dawson City with miners and what a whack job industry. If it's precious metals they all have some sort of related 'fever' and have no concept on how to manage their lives.

At one point his entire plot of land that he lived on and owned had been staked around by DeBoers- figured he had diamonds. In the end he was just so crazy and 'bush' that he never could convince anyone with money to invest or even help him. Apparently that's the case for so many of these guys
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Topper wrote: Look at those guys, a piece of heavy equipment charges out at $150/hr, that includes the operator and may or may not include fuel. Camp food coasts run $35/man per day. Run a quick number on what these guys need to make to a day just to cover costs. Do they have any test pits to map out a grade distribution on their gravels? Do they have any idea of a daily milling rate they need?
The main guy with the goatee says they need $1000/day for fuel/food/supplies etc.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Another slow episode from Boardwalk last night, but at least it had a couple good scenes to keep you interested. First the Irish bout in the shitter that ended with a digit dropping strangulation, and then Jimmy's attempt on Nucky. Though I could do without all the nonsense with Mrs. Schroeder.

Things should be picking up now with Jimmy's blunder. I think Eli is as good as dead by seasons end.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

After seeing a few episodes of Breaking Bad, I see the Sandia Mountains and it makes me remember the beauty of the Southwest.

Walking Dead is a pretty good show. Everything these days is PVR'ed. I don't have time for 'scheduled programming' with the exception of most sports.

When I get that urge, I have to say Always Sunny in Philadelphia is one of my favourite shows.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

CFP! wrote:The second season of Gold Rush:Alaska starts tomorrow 6pm and 9pm PST on Discovery.
Sis and brother-inlaw were visiting last night and wanted to watch this show.

LOL, back the excavator up 6 feet.

So I counted

400 excavator (good size machine) $150/hr
2nd excavator $150/hr
cat $150/hr
loader $150/hr
additionally they need a truck of some kind to haul from the pit to the wash plant $100/hr

That is $700/hr in equipment, a 10 hr day, $7,000/day for the equipment (includes fuel and operator). They should be doing 12-14 hour days because of the short season and extended daylight.

looks like somewhere around 8 guys, $35/day, that's $280/day
1 pick up/day for shop truck/town errands and whatever else $125/day
10% contingency

They are looking at $8,000/day for costs, They better have 8-10 ounces a day coming off the shaker table for themselves and the claim owner to be making any money.

I imagine the claim owner is taking a percentage off the top and maybe an annual fee/rent. Something like $10,000 or $20,000 annual fee and 3% - 5% of the gold.

Rule of thumb on placer miners is they make minimum wage. No matter where in the world, minimum wage, yes a few do better, many do not.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.