Which players has MG brought to Vcr

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Which players has MG brought to Vcr

Post by Tiger »

Rumsfield wrote:
Yeah man, those Oilers are going to be unstoppable in a couple years. I mean hey, if there's one thing that's been proven in the NHL it's that having a few skilled young forwards is the ticket to going deep in the playoffs every year. Goaltending, defence and overall depth are soooo overrated these days
Yeah they will have the same success rate as Vancouver had with Bure, Messier and Mogilny all playing ... all superstars ( sorry for late post .. had to puke when thinking of Messier..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

Tiger wrote:
Yeah they will have the same success rate as Vancouver had with Bure, Messier and Mogilny all playing ... all superstars ( sorry for late post .. had to puke when thinking of Messier..
Hear hear on the Messier thing.
jackalman
CC Veteran

Post by jackalman »

LotusBlossom wrote:
jackalman wrote:Kevin Lowe is not the Oilers GM. Steve Tambelini (or however its spelled) is.
I'm sure Lowe is still the guy pulling the puppet strings in Edmonton, but yes, Tambellini is officially their GM
What evidence do you have of that?
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

jackalman wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:
jackalman wrote:Kevin Lowe is not the Oilers GM. Steve Tambelini (or however its spelled) is.
I'm sure Lowe is still the guy pulling the puppet strings in Edmonton, but yes, Tambellini is officially their GM
What evidence do you have of that?
I know he is very involved through a friend that used to work for the Oilers' management and now works for the Winnipeg Jets. She implied his opinions lay heavy on Tambellini. She used to work for the Giants and the Flames as well. She's been pretty good with her information that she has given out to friends over the years.

I don't know of many other President of Hockey Operations unless they are also the GM that follow the team around like Lowe does. Every single time the Oilers are in town, Lowe is in the box with Tambellini. I am sitting at the same level they are in my seats and have a clear view of the visiting GM box at Rogers Arena.

I don't have hard evidence but it's circumstances and hearsay that say I'm probably closer to the truth with my opinion and assumptions than some may think. But this isn't a court of law, it's a hockey board. Speculation is rampant, thought I'd throw my two cents in.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

A little confused Is Lowe still involved or is Tambellini the decission maker ? I have to say all the years Lowe was active he never really did a lot where as things do seem to be heading in the right direction since the appointment of Tambo
cheers
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Despite the disaster that was the Oiler's, McT took the fall, Lowe was bumped upstairs, and Tambi brought in as GM.

How independent the role of GM is from his predecessor has always been a question mark.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
jackalman
CC Veteran

Post by jackalman »

LotusBlossom wrote:[
I know he is very involved through a friend that used to work for the Oilers' management and now works for the Winnipeg Jets. She implied his opinions lay heavy on Tambellini. She used to work for the Giants and the Flames as well. She's been pretty good with her information that she has given out to friends over the years.

I don't know of many other President of Hockey Operations unless they are also the GM that follow the team around like Lowe does. Every single time the Oilers are in town, Lowe is in the box with Tambellini. I am sitting at the same level they are in my seats and have a clear view of the visiting GM box at Rogers Arena.

I don't have hard evidence but it's circumstances and hearsay that say I'm probably closer to the truth with my opinion and assumptions than some may think. But this isn't a court of law, it's a hockey board. Speculation is rampant, thought I'd throw my two cents in.
I only asked you for evidence to see if you had real evidence. I live in Edmonton and I believe you are right about the Lowe pulling the strings behind the seens thing. I have less real evidence than you, but I do listen to and read alot of media in Edmonton of course, and it sure seems to me that this is the case. Tambi seems to pick his words very carefully when asked about the way certain desitions were arived at, like he is hiding something. I think that something is that the desision was not his but was in fact Lowes.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Topper wrote:Despite the disaster that was the Oiler's, McT took the fall, Lowe was bumped upstairs, and Tambi brought in as GM.

How independent the role of GM is from his predecessor has always been a question mark.

Did McT take the fall ? He sure isn't having much success in Chicago with the Canuck prospects...this might be his last hurray. No other GM wanted any thing to do with him and the Wolves 3-5-0 so far.

The oilers have become progressively better since Lowe stepped aside ?
cheers
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Fred wrote: Did McT take the fall ? He sure isn't having much success in Chicago with the Canuck prospects...this might be his last hurray. No other GM wanted any thing to do with him and the Wolves 3-5-0 so far.

The oilers have become progressively better since Lowe stepped aside ?
The Wolves are likely going to take a while to figure out the balancing act that is an AHL franchise.

Chicago has several of their own signed players along with Canucks prospects, it's going to take a while to assemble a competitive team. MacT has himself a tough situation and results will not be instantaneous.

Im confused by your last statement, are you giving your opinion or asking a question? The Oilers have had the past two first overall picks because they were the worst team in hockey. It's pretty clear they haven't been better at all since the shake up.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dhabums wrote: I wonder what RD was panicking about 8 years ago when the Sedins were our future and the mighty Flames had Iginla.
I can answer that question!

8 years ago RD was calling the heathen Sedins "the sisters" and labeling them "busts".

And he was all a ga ga over Iggy the Christian.

Ain't it so Bikerdude? Image

By the way RD, thought you should know: your buddy Kesler is a JEW!

Oh it's true, his grampa was a rabbi - look it up!! :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Just watched Quintin Howden, captain of team WHL, score on the penalty shot against team Russia in the super series....

Wasn't that dhabums boy with Grabber last year?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
dhabums wrote: I wonder what RD was panicking about 8 years ago when the Sedins were our future and the mighty Flames had Iginla.
I can answer that question!

8 years ago RD was calling the heathen Sedins "the sisters" and labeling them "busts".

He also wore spandex and wrestled with transvestites. Are we going to hold that against him ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Tiger wrote:Rumsfield wrote:
Yeah man, those Oilers are going to be unstoppable in a couple years. I mean hey, if there's one thing that's been proven in the NHL it's that having a few skilled young forwards is the ticket to going deep in the playoffs every year. Goaltending, defence and overall depth are soooo overrated these days
Always find it funny when Messier eats all the blame for what was already a weak team before he showed up in Vancouver.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Just watched Quintin Howden, captain of team WHL, score on the penalty shot against team Russia in the super series....

Fuck Quinton Howden. Emerson Etem has 25 fucking goals already. Ouch.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Just watched Quintin Howden, captain of team WHL, score on the penalty shot against team Russia in the super series....

Fuck Quinton Howden. Emerson Etem has 25 fucking goals already. Ouch.
Who the fuck is Emerson Etem?