GDT: Nov 3-Canucks @ Wild, 5:00PST SNet-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

GDT: Nov 3-Canucks @ Wild, 5:00PST SNet-P

Post by Meds »

The Canucks go into Minnesota tonight riding back-to-back wins for only the second time this season. These games are either total panic attacks or the epitomy of a snorefest. The Xcel Energy Center is one of those buildings where Luongo has stuggled, and struggled mightily. The team, in general, is usually asleep at the wheel, and Backstrom finds a way to stand on his head. But hey, it's November, this is the Canuck's month!

Look for big games out of Kesler, Booth, and the Sedin's tonight.....they are due.

Higgins will continue his strong play.

Here's hoping for a win in Minnesota.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Nov 3-Canucks @ Wild, 5:00PST SNet-P

Post by LotusBlossom »

Schneider gets the nod for the Canucks due this success against the Wild

Harding get the nod for the Wild at home.

Battle of the backups.

Let's hope the offensive onslaught keeps going on here in MINN.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I like to break down the regular season into ten-game blocks. We went a depressing 4-5-1 in our first ten, so I'm gunning for a sparkling 8-1-1 record in our next.

I know that's a tall order given we're on a six-game road trip, but you gotta aim high to touch the stars and shit.

So I guess Valk's brilliant master plan of playing Luongo in every game on this road trip comes to an early demise. What the hell was he thinking? These are the kinds of strategies devised by a mind that firmly believed Tanner Glass was a good playoff performer.

Gotta win both of these back-to-backers. The schedule gets tougher soon and we should feast on teams like these while we can.

Miko Koivu has looked really good in the highlights I've seen this season. Hopefully he is introduced to Edler's shoulder pad.

Booth and Kes need to find some chemistry soon. Tonight would be a great place to start.

If this game is half as boring as the last meeting between these teams it will still be really boring.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Booth will score his first of the year tonight.

That's all I have to say about that.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Schneids has won four out of five of his starts against the Wild. That bodes well. Also shows that AV likes to play him in Minny.
old calamari
CC Veteran

Post by old calamari »

minnesota has a secret weapon danny heatly and his 90 gallons of spit. i hope ballard puts a big hip on the turd.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

old calamari wrote:minnesota has a secret weapon danny heatly and his 90 gallons of spit. i hope ballard puts a big hip on the turd.
Check out his crib (NSFW - F bombs)
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Benjo wrote:
old calamari wrote:minnesota has a secret weapon danny heatly and his 90 gallons of spit. i hope ballard puts a big hip on the turd.
Check out his crib (NSFW - F bombs)
[youtube]F-bomb bonanza[/youtube]
What a f**kin' moron! Can he string together a f**kin' sentence without saying f**k every fifth f**kin' word?

Great role model for the young kids.... :roll:
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

OK, so what's with pretty much all of the Canucks defencemen looking down and swiping uselessly at pucks as Wild players skate around them for chances on net?

What happened to playing the man first, then getting the puck?

That was unbelievable - happened pretty much all period.

And of course Henrik's patented "hey, why don't I throw it up the middle? It's only the Wild" play... sheeesh.

S_C
Last edited by Southern_Canuck on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a great day for hockey!
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I guess we should just be glad Salo made it 12 games before tweaking something. Hopefully the groin isn't serious and doesn't hinder his great play this season.

Sulzer looks like a pretty adequate #9 defenceman. I'd still like to see Gillis pick up a depth guy at the deadline for an extended run, but you have to like how many NHL-caliber blueliners we have. We learned the hard way in '09 and '10 that you need more than eight good defencemen to go deep in the playoffs.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I still have to pinch myself sometimes when I watch how good and how consistent a player Burrows has become. He is so effective regardless of his linemates, season after season.

I remember watching him on the fourth line in '06/07 and noticing that he had a decent release for a scrub, but I never imagined he would be the kind of first-line offensive threat that he is today. Pretty incredible story. And a pretty fantastic cap hit.

EDIT: Schneida on fiya.

Getting out-offensed by the Wild. :evil:

LOL at Volpatti's wrist shot.

Damn we've been unlucky this period. Should've potted a couple at least.

I know Volpatti is more physical and a better fighter, but with the increased amount of ice-time the fourth line is getting I'd rather see Oreskovich out there, at least until Pinozzotto or Bitz get back. Volpatti just sucks at hockey.
Last edited by Rumsfeld on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

What a shit show by the D. Without Ginger's work it is another Wild blowout in Minny.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Boston Canucker wrote:What a shit show by the D. Without Ginger's work it is another Wild blowout in Minny.
Minnesota's defense hasn't exactly been airtight either.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

It's interesting how Bieksa never drops down in the pairings or ice time. Did someone lacerate his calf in practice?
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Against a team with more snipers, this game would be 7-1.

First the Canucks were outworked, and then when they finally fell behind, they are pinching every shift and getting caught.

Poor effort.

Even when they do get a chance - like Volpatti, Edler, and Kesler - they shoot wide or into the center of the goalie.

The way they're playing, there is no comeback in store - I'm guessing 5-1.

Oh, and I wish the Wild would run into financial trouble and fold. They suck all of the fun out of hockey... even without Lemaire.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!