GDT: Oct 29: Canucks host Washington - 7pm - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Oct 29: Canucks host Washington - 7pm - CBC

Post by Potatoe1 »

Mëds wrote: First of all, Lapierre was on the 3rd line last night while Malhotra was on the 4th line. Secondly, Lapierre got 14:00 of TOI to Malhotra's 12:14. That extra 1:46 was at even strength. So don't go bitching that Manny is getting played ahead of Lapierre when he clearly was not.

Lappy was on the 4th line with Volp and Weise, they were 4th in the rotation. Lappy was getting extra shifts due to his excelent play.

Ballard did look fairly off at times last night, and you're right about the 4th goal and his line-change, though the puck did turnover unexpectedly as he was coasting into the bench, he just mis-played it at the boards and it got by him. Tough break, at least to his credit he turned and hustled as hard as he could after the puck and player.....although seeing as he was standing still it was all for naught. As for the silent treatment for Luongo, to me that is just one more reason why I don't like Louie. The guy has been absolute shit since game 6 of the SFC and not a single player on the team has said or done anything about/towards him that indicates a cold shoulder or appears to send a message of "get your shit together or you're dead to me". Quite the opposite. Despite the many, many, many, mistakes, and the plethora of bad goals, that Luongo has been on the hook for, the team, to a man, has stood behind him, "pumped his tires", whacked him on the pads, given him a pass as if to say, hey, you make the big $$$, you won a gold medal, feel free to make mistakes til you're in your groove and are ready to bail us out.....it's all at your convenience Lou. Fuck that. Ballard has worked hard to get where he is, and Ballard has had to do it under Vigneault's whip. Luongo has had Vigneault dancing to his tune since he arrived here, has never had to earn his spot, and in the last few years has really not come up with anything when it counted. For him to give Ballard the silent treatment is absolute crap. Especially when he could have made that save if he wasn't dropping so early every time a shooter load up.

I think you are full of angst and need to vent. There is a thread for that as well.

And Lu had the right to be pissed that play was horrible.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is Mëds another one of those Manny Malhotra Man-crushers we have plaguing the streets of Vancouver? "HE'S GREAT ON FACE-OFFS!" I WANT TO JERK-OFF EVERYTIME HE WINS A FACE-OFF!"
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ukcanuck wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
I have been sorely tempted all day long to comment on the religious bend this thread has been taking....I so want to troll for some reactions but I am not gonna do it, i am not gonnaa doooo itt nnnnnnng! :bang:

Thats only because god does not want you to do it.
Brian doesn't like trolling :D
Brian is god?! :wow:

Aaahhh... but of course!

Edit: albeit it seems his mother insists he is just a very naughty boy.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:Is Mëds another one of those Manny Malhotra Man-crushers we have plaguing the streets of Vancouver? "HE'S GREAT ON FACE-OFFS!" I WANT TO JERK-OFF EVERYTIME HE WINS A FACE-OFF!"
Not at all Dude. I think he WAS a very good 3rd line center and a big part of the team's success last season.....prior to his injury. I think he is still a good locker room guy on this team. I do not think he should be getting the ice-time or the extra length of rope that Vigneault gives him. This is the pro's, come ready to play or come ready to watch. If his injury is a problem, well I'm really sorry for him, but that's hockey.

I was just pointing out that Lapierre got played ahead of Malhotra last night. And yes Pot, you're right, it was because of excellent play, and so he got what he deserved, though he probably deserved more than 14:00, and Malhotra deserved less than his 12:14. He was playing with Higgins when he scored his 2nd goal, as Vigneault was juggling lines a bit by that time. I find with AV that you spot on the roster at the opening faceoff is by no means fixed. If you produce you will get more minutes and often end up out there with different forwards, rotating up often as high as the 2nd line, even some shifts with the Sedins at times.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Potatoe1 wrote: I think you are full of angst and need to vent. There is a thread for that as well.

And Lu had the right to be pissed that play was horrible.
I agree, that play was terrible. Lou did have the right to be pissed. Lou did not have the right to cold shoulder him like that in front of the fans. There are 19 other guys on that bench that have the right to be pissed at Lou, many times over, and act accordingly, and they have not (at least that we have seen). That was my point. It was a complete "I" moment and totally flew in the face of the "team" mentality that the Canuck's like to advertise, just more prima donna bullshit from the former captain.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:I was all jacked happy for the Booth trade until I learned that he is an outspoken Holy, bible-thumpin', Roller. I can't stand religion, it has stunted human growth on this planet and be the main ignitor of all wars this world has seen since the jews invented the damn thing way back when.
The Jews invented religion? :look:

Moron. :roll:

If you're talking about Christianity and not religion in general.....

You may want to ask a Jew why they invented Christianity. You'll get an interesting answer.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Ok guys - take it to the Bar & Grill...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Mëds wrote: I was just pointing out that Lapierre got played ahead of Malhotra last night. And yes Pot, you're right, it was because of excellent play, and so he got what he deserved, though he probably deserved more than 14:00, and Malhotra deserved less than his 12:14. He was playing with Higgins when he scored his 2nd goal, as Vigneault was juggling lines a bit by that time. I find with AV that you spot on the roster at the opening faceoff is by no means fixed. If you produce you will get more minutes and often end up out there with different forwards, rotating up often as high as the 2nd line, even some shifts with the Sedins at times.

Lappy just hopped on the ice on a change for Manny as Hansen entered the offensive zone and set Higgens up. Manny played every shift on the 3rd line.

I did not see much line juggling last night.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote: As for the silent treatment for Luongo, to me that is just one more reason why I don't like Louie. The guy has been absolute shit since game 6 of the SFC and not a single player on the team has said or done anything about/towards him that indicates a cold shoulder or appears to send a message of "get your shit together or you're dead to me". Quite the opposite. Despite the many, many, many, mistakes, and the plethora of bad goals, that Luongo has been on the hook for, the team, to a man, has stood behind him, "pumped his tires", whacked him on the pads, given him a pass as if to say, hey, you make the big $$$, you won a gold medal, feel free to make mistakes til you're in your groove and are ready to bail us out.....it's all at your convenience Lou. Fuck that. Ballard has worked hard to get where he is, and Ballard has had to do it under Vigneault's whip. Luongo has had Vigneault dancing to his tune since he arrived here, has never had to earn his spot, and in the last few years has really not come up with anything when it counted. For him to give Ballard the silent treatment is absolute crap. Especially when he could have made that save if he wasn't dropping so early every time a shooter load up.

In light of your many, many, many, insults targeting Luongo and the plethora of posts you have made disparaging the guy's abilities and integrity I am beginning to think that you don't like Roberto very much :shock:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

tantalum wrote:At least we know that when booth scores a goal it's because god wanted him to. I've never been of fan Christianity but this no version of god having a specific Plan and everything that happens is because of him really gets on my nerves.
Since before He created the cosmos God knew you were going to post that Tant.

Oh its true!!

Listen guys I haven't been able to watch the last two games, what have the defensive pairings been?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: I was all jacked happy for the Booth trade until I learned that he is an outspoken Holy, bible-thumpin', Roller. I can't stand religion, it has stunted human growth on this planet and be the main ignitor of all wars this world has seen since the jews invented the damn thing way back when.
Blind hatred & ignorance........... sparks more wars than anything else.

One could see how YOU would miss that RD.

All that aside, how has Booth looked out there fellas... is he a good fit with Kess??
____
Try to focus on someday.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

Strangelove wrote:
tantalum wrote:At least we know that when booth scores a goal it's because god wanted him to. I've never been of fan Christianity but this no version of god having a specific Plan and everything that happens is because of him really gets on my nerves.
Since before He created the cosmos God knew you were going to post that Tant.

Oh its true!!

Listen guys I haven't been able to watch the last two games, what have the defensive pairings been?
Jesus Christ Doc, you need to up your commitment.

The pairings were:

Hamhuis Juice
Edler Salo
Ballard Salsa

My sides are probably wrong ( I know that is important to you).
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I was all jacked happy for the Booth trade until I learned that he is an outspoken Holy, bible-thumpin', Roller. I can't stand religion, it has stunted human growth on this planet and be the main ignitor of all wars this world has seen since the jews invented the damn thing way back when.
The Jews invented religion? :look:

Moron. :roll:

If you're talking about Christianity and not religion in general.....

You may want to ask a Jew why they invented Christianity. You'll get an interesting answer.
Mëds, listen bro, I don't claim to be a religious historian but the Hollywood Jews had been around long before Jesus the Nazarin Jew was even a twinkle in the eye of whats his nuts balls. Fuck how long did Moses the Jew exist before Jesus the Carpenter? I don't fucking know, ask Doc 'Deity' Strangelove, but it seems to me that the Jews were right there when the whole fucking ponzi scheme was first conceived.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: I was all jacked happy for the Booth trade until I learned that he is an outspoken Holy, bible-thumpin', Roller. I can't stand religion, it has stunted human growth on this planet and be the main ignitor of all wars this world has seen since the jews invented the damn thing way back when.
Blind hatred & ignorance........... sparks more wars than anything else.

One could see how YOU would miss that RD.

All that aside, how has Booth looked out there fellas... is he a good fit with Kess??
One could see how YOU would miss that RD' That's nice Doc. Love ya to. I must be hitting a sensitive bone here regarding religion, did not know you're a god fearing man, but I should have known, you being a Tea Bagger. Yes, not all wars were, I admit that, but religion has played a part in a good many.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

RoyalDude wrote:One could see how YOU would miss that RD' That's nice Doc. Love ya to. I must be hitting a sensitive bone here regarding religion, did not know you're a god fearing man, but I should have known, you being a Tea Bagger. Yes, not all wars were, I admit that, but religion has played a part in a good many.
And all the others were about oil.

Still, they tried to disguise it as doing Gods work.
2011..... the one that got away.